• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub from Pure-time video

D

d4m.test

Totally different models, the V5 is a 116610 modern Rolex with ceramic bezel, fat dot markers and blue lume/ rehaut engravings with a hefty, adjustable glide-lock clasp.
TC V6 is a 16610 classic Submariner with aluminium bezel, thin&elegant dot markers and green lume/ no engravings at all and with a light, gen-like, non-adjustable clasp (adjustable with extra tools).
Comfort: V5 is heavier and because it is adjustable possibly more comfortable
Quality & gen-like feel: Because of the better quality standards, movement and precision TC is incomparably better

Modded TC, normally it would have a Cyclops and a silver seconds hand
1024_N9782cr.jpg

not a Noob V5 but the same watch-type for illustration purposes
Sub_c_3388c.jpg

Mazestunn

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/1/15
Pretty crazy that they launched this just before CNY, I can imagine the order build up after the all the wait... I haven't done a comparison to the gen in photoshop yet, It might ruin the illusion. Or anybody wants me do a "side by side"?

joki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/14
Totally different models, the V5 is a 116610 modern Rolex with ceramic bezel, fat dot markers and blue lume/ rehaut engravings with a hefty, adjustable glide-lock clasp.
TC V6 is a 16610 classic Submariner with aluminium bezel, thin&elegant dot markers and green lume/ no engravings at all and with a light, gen-like, non-adjustable clasp (adjustable with extra tools).
Comfort: V5 is heavier and because it is adjustable possibly more comfortable
Quality & gen-like feel: Because of the better quality standards, movement and precision TC is incomparably better

Modded TC, normally it would have a Cyclops and a silver seconds hand
1024_N9782cr.jpg

not a Noob V5 but the same watch-type for illustration purposes
Sub_c_3388c.jpg

Thank you so much for explaining the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B&E355

9/2/15
Why compare two different models???

Quality versus price staindpoints, which has been addressed. For all intents and purposes to a noob they're nearly identical with small details.
Good side by side here FYI comparing the ceramic to prior.
https://www.bernardwatch.com/blog/rolex-submariner-116610-vs-16610-comparison/

IMO the only thing the Ceramic has going for it is the Superluminova and the bezel cutouts. That blocky case design and overall illusion of bigger size look really bugs me.

Pretty crazy that they launched this just before CNY, I can imagine the order build up after the all the wait... I haven't done a comparison to the gen in photoshop yet, It might ruin the illusion. Or anybody wants me do a "side by side"?
Agreed.

And yes. Absolutely.

B&E355

9/2/15
Wow. That thing looks sensational. Credit to Gazzla on RWG for the transcendent pics. They have fixed the rehaut crown logo placement.

7R3pmVI.jpg

ZRMhvqS.jpg

zJgDv02.jpg

rRpUnnx.jpg

EgDiQeL.jpg

BC9A1h4.jpg

11GQVdk.jpg

JgNZ3qO.jpg

SS9R43x.jpg

q7qDUyH.jpg

Trbkhtu.jpg

B&E355

9/2/15
What are the chances of noob doing this V5 in a no date? Slim, expected, or none?

h2000

Horology Curious
20/3/09
Wow.... I'm no expert but I was on the LF train until these pics... !

musclehead

Horology Curious
5/6/14
I quess now the only real tell, for the average person to see that its a fake, is the cristal hight. Do you guys agree??

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Silver paint looks shabby like its been done by hand

ztealth

11/8/13
The silver fonts is too metallic like it's painted on with a sharpie. The gen has more of a white colored font but when titled at an angle, it shows the silver.