• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner correct rehaut

lx5

16/2/12
Hi guys im looking to get a submariner. which is the best one out there currently? i've been reading and looking tru afew td site but dont know which is a good one. Is there one where the rehaut rolex letters line up with the markers on the dial? or all has that issue? thanks!

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
I think that the bp sub c is a good product with a good price ;)

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

The rehaut on the new noobs are just perfect, GEN alike. I have not seen a better made one to date.
They just nailed it perfectly both in placement, depth, spacing and yet font. You won´t find any better than that.

Cheers,
Spirit.

lx5

16/2/12
so the best sub would be the noob? i saw a dealer's BP sub and the rehaut doesnt line up, yet i see afew others post theirs which lines up, this is confusing.

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
Btw, when the watch is at the wrist, no one can see if the rehaut isn't lined up, neither you ;)

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Btw, when the watch is at the wrist, no one can see if the rehaut isn't lined up, neither you ;)

^ Ditto.

...Actually you can´t even see the rehaut engraving itself. It´s completely invisible while the watch is on the wrist, and even sometimes when you TRY to look at it specifically, it won´t be easily seen, depending on the angle and lighting conditions you have at the moment.

Cheers,
Spirit.

lx5

16/2/12
Yea i guess so. but since there are ones that have the correct rehaut then why not! :)

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Take a look at this noobfactory 114060 "no-date" Sub-C..
...The rehaut looks GEN. It´s with no doubt, the best rehaut ever made on any rep I have seen before.

(picture borrowed from rupert37 :))
DSC_7666.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.

ratedn

27/1/13
I think it depends on which version you get. I have an earlier version of the Noob Sub C and the typeface is definitely on the light side and is not visible in certain lighting. The one above is much more gen-like and I would think is visible in almost any kind of lighting. The one thing that I noticed on all Noob versions is that there is little to no angle to the rehaut making the subtle pie tin appearance of the gen.

ratedn

27/1/13
If you can spare the extra few dollars, I would go with BP—
•better rehaut angle
•rehaut engraving lines up with minute markers
•minute markers flush with rehaut
•correct thinner hour hand
•deeper black bezel
•better, but not perfect pearl

Both are good for what they are for the money. The only thing about the BP version that bothers me is the "Officially Certified" type runs pretty close together on the dial.

Check out dordonko's recent post comparing the two:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/mega-pics-submariner-133598?t=133598

sixers_610

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Not sure why one cares about the Noob rehaut engraving when the frickin case is wrong.

ratedn

27/1/13
Agreed, TC is one of the best you can get — hope to get one at some point. Of course, the better it looks the closer your wrist gets to your face, the more you're going to spend. If you're looking to just casually play the game, go BP. When you're ready take it up a notch or two, flip your BP for a little less than what you paid and go TC.