• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Different types of subs

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
Remember, just because it's got gen like bezel construction doesn't mean much else is going to fit, particularly a gen crystal.

So is there any way to tell if it will fit before I shell out the 3 bills for a crystal? That's my biggest issue with the watch.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
So is there any way to tell if it will fit before I shell out the 3 bills for a crystal? That's my biggest issue with the watch.

I suppose one way is to buy a Clark's gen Sub replacement crystal. I think they're about $30.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
its bp from toro

Unlikely since that case serial number was first reported as a rep over two years ago. I don't think BP was even heard of back then other than selling gasoline.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I would take a pair of calipers
And measure the old crystal and bezel assembly!
That would give you an ideal
Of what your working with! And what will fit or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I highly doubt you will be able to get a gen crystal in this case. It's not a WM9 case. The crown is too low. That's my 2 cents anyway. BK would be a better person to ask.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Well my friends we are getting ready to find out what will fit and what will not.. Because of the case construction it's worth what I paid for it! Plus the rehault looks pretty good!
I will update soon!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
ygumuze9.jpg

I can report after 5 minutes of looking at this piece! That it will indeed take gen crystal bezel assembly etc.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Now to figure out where it came from?

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
lol I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from fiveostang burning out on this post

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I'm going to give it a little love!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Would you pm BK already!!!! It's aTW!

It's strange it's like it's been in a time capsule... It's like they practiced with this before TW and TC
It's got a very cheap bezel assembly ...But it's the same specs as TC's but WM9 is a fraction of a mm bigger? Go figure?
The tension washer is also smaller making the bezel ring a little looser..The whole bezel assembly will be replaced with TC newest bezel assembly!
The crystal gasket is also same size as TC gasket...The crystal is also cheap compared to gen Or TCs ..But I will see if I can get a gen crystal in it?
ge7azezy.jpg

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I'm happy you like it!! Now I need to find a damn TC lol.

Sent from fiveostang burning out on this post

We will find you one'
You will be happier with a TC...Because this one needs a over haul Lol!!

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Hey Rudy .remember that thread mitcbaria started a few months ago about a watch he got from bk that where sold as tc case sets? The crown guards looked just like that case of mitches,a bit uneven