• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Different types of subs

sardonix

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/10
bravo! this is

Look at the position of the 28 minute marker and 32 minute marker.
and the distance of those 2 to the words SWISS MADE
Most other dials that position is different :)

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
You guys are amazing. Maybe I'm not cut out for the rep game because I can't notice any of that stuff. What an amazing attention to detail you guys have. This thread has also opened my eyes to just how many different versions of one watch that to anyone else would say is the same.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
You guys are amazing. Maybe I'm not cut out for the rep game because I can't notice any of that stuff. What an amazing attention to detail you guys have. This thread has also opened my eyes to just how many different versions of one watch that to anyone else would say is the same.

Trust me, after reading around and looking at loads of pictures you will start to notice these things.

IMO i would sell that sub and start over with a TC or bk LV if you plan on building a Franken. In the long run I think it will be cheaper/more accurate. No CG/case mods needed and also with a TC you know 100% it accepts all gen parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Trust me, after reading around and looking at loads of pictures you will start to notice these things.

IMO i would sell that sub and start over with a TC or bk LV if you plan on building a Franken. In the long run I think it will be cheaper/more accurate. No CG/case mods needed and also with a TC you know 100% it accepts all gen parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well I'm not new here and I've done a good amount of reading during my stay.
Well I'm a little behind on giving up on it. I figured I had a Swiss movement and gen construction so I sent it to speedy. He is refinishing it and modding the CG's. I'll probably hold onto it for a while after that maybe do a dial and crystal swap if possible. I need to look further into what exactly I can do. I really appreciate everyone trying to help me figure this out.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
So after reviewing the rwg link. I'm not convinced that's my watch.
1) that watch isn't offered with Swiss movement.

2) my Cyclops has much better alignment

3) I was under the impression that cheap subs had octagon shaped click spring mine has gen like click spring

Any thoughts on these points?

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
So after reviewing the rwg link. I'm not convinced that's my watch.
1) that watch isn't offered with Swiss movement.

2) my Cyclops has much better alignment

3) I was under the impression that cheap subs had octagon shaped click spring mine has gen like click spring

Any thoughts on these points?

+1 this is what has me confused. I would mod it like you see fit and wear the shat out of it!

Fiveostang

6/11/12
So it tracked down the original owner and PM'd him. I'm hoping he can shed some light on this. I really want to to get to the bottoms of it. If this was $100 it's the best quality $100 watch I have ever seen.

Minkman

17/1/13
So it tracked down the original owner and PM'd him. I'm hoping he can shed some light on this. I really want to to get to the bottoms of it. If this was $100 it's the best quality $100 watch I have ever seen.

It looks great man , keep us posted ; I have a hunch it's a Bp though !!!

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
there are many tread on "truetime Td section" with many guys that modded the CG on theyr cheap Bp sub( the same of your) .... this is possible, just to change the crystal i think its a problem

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
If this is a cheap sub I'll be getting a few to mod.

Where is RSH?

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
i dont mean to go off topic....but it seems kind of related.

is it just me or is there a thickness difference in cases between ceramic and non ceramic subs? im looking at my Sub LV and the lugs seem a LOT thinner than some of the subs here. Is there a difference in bezel thickness as well?

Fiveostang

6/11/12
so the watch comes back from speedy tomorrow what pictures can i take that would help make a better ruling on this?

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Guy's am i missing something here? ...Never heard of Noob or any other $100 case sets having a Gen construction Bezel assembly? (Accept BP SD with high beat movement for $159 usd and its not totally gen spec! )).. Please correct me if i'm wrong? Because i don't know all! ...LOL!! Or is this bezel assembly not gen construction??
Please do tell??

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
so the watch comes back from speedy tomorrow what pictures can i take that would help make a better ruling on this?

Does he have any pics with the bezel assembly off??

Fiveostang

6/11/12
I sent the whole watch out to speedy because it had seen much better days and when I get it back tomorrow it will be brand new so I'm not thinking I want to take the bezel assembly apart again but I will remove the bracelet to show the serial number please let me know what other pictures need to be shown to determine what maker this is.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Does he have any pics with the bezel assembly off??

This is the only pic I have
tumy5unu.jpg

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
This is the only pic I have
tumy5unu.jpg
What i thought!...Gen construction bezel assembly!...So now this has me puzzled....rsh..KBH where are you?
..Then most likely V3 WM9 with engraved rehaut! But whats got me stumped is it don't look exactly like WM9 because of the CG's..Maybe like jeff says old TW BK or something before my time here! Maybe one of the older veterans can chime in?

But you could have the CG's worked! And have a great base watch to mod ...Because of the Gen construction! That opens a lot of doors!~