• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Different types of subs

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
What i thought!...Gen construction bezel assembly!...So now this has me puzzled....rsh..KBH where are you?
..Then most likely V3 WM9 with engraved rehaut! But whats got me stumped is it don't look exactly like WM9 because of the CG's..Maybe like jeff says old TW BK or something before my time here! Maybe one of the older veterans can chime in?

But you could have the CG's worked! And have a great base watch to mod ...Because of the Gen construction! That opens a lot of doors!~

Thanks Rudy. I already had the CGs done while it was with speedy. I was hoping to go gen crystal and dial next. That was the whole point of this thread to figure out exactly how far I could go. There is only one way to find out and that's to start buying parts worst comes to worst I can always get most of my money back if they don't fit and I don't mess them up.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Bk did sell a bunch of Gen construction slash TC case set...That had CG's something like this?...But no engraved rehault !
Zhf42Itl.jpg

Must had variances in the Cg's back in old days to! LOL!!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Well we will find out tomorrow how speedy did with the CGs.
Yeah please do share???....I love to see Sub builds and what other members are doing to there personal subs also!!
But you got a good platform to build on! Esp~If you had the Cg's worked!
Subscribed !

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Thanks Rudy. I already had the CGs done while it was with speedy. I was hoping to go gen crystal and dial next. That was the whole point of this thread to figure out exactly how far I could go. There is only one way to find out and that's to start buying parts worst comes to worst I can always get most of my money back if they don't fit and I don't mess them up.
Not 100% sure?....But i say your good to go Gen insert crown crystal etc..Let us know?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Doesn't look like WM9 crown guards. Or bezel teeth. Crown even looks a little shorter maybe.

danumy8a.jpg

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
The Cg's look better!
Have you figured out watch factory made it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiveostang

6/11/12
The Cg's look better!
Have you figured out watch factory made it yet?

I'm very happy with how the watch came out it looks like it's brand new. Speedy did one hell of a job.

Kbh said to take pictures of the lugs but I left my kit in my desk at work so I'll do it tonight and hopefully we can end that discussion.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
No big deal!
Just wondering!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
The only M serial number cases that are gen construction I know about is WM9?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The crown looks too low for a WM9. Also, the CG seems a different shape.

There was a post on RWG back in Feb of 2012 asking about this case number in a 16613 case. So, it's at least 2 years old and was also available in two tone.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Yeah I know KBH! That's what's got me puzzled to?
I think it's something else?
But what?

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Well I guess this is as close to an answer as I will get. Thank you to everyone who has shared their valuable knowledge. I have decided to keep the watch and start my first Franken project I will update this thread as it comes together.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
PM me?
Maybe able to help you with parts!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Remember, just because it's got gen like bezel construction doesn't mean much else is going to fit, particularly a gen crystal.