• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Q's Top Secret BPSD Reference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11
I am sure most of these left justified one's can be fixed with a simple re-alignment of the existing date wheel.

Nope--either the dates on a datewheel are printed correctly, or they're not. You can't move left-justified dates to the right without moving the dates on the other side to the left--it's a wheel after all.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Could someone do me a fav and post a pic of the night time lume of the Clarks hands in comparison to the stock dial cheers...

monkeypunch

Known Member
7/3/12
sdlume.jpg

With the Clark's hands.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Well shortly after i wrote the above thread the mail lady showed up with my TC band. About 10 minutes of sanding and it was done. I sanded it on a piece for white paper so you can see how much was removed. It does not take much!
photo4_zps9d1e562e.jpg

Here is when done.
photo5_zps0c547b01.jpg

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I have one but its a little coarse. Do you think sand paper will work?
I think you could use sand paper but it might make things more difficult in my opinion. The key is to only sand the end link. If you used sand paper and did it on a table edge it might be doable. I would try 220 to start with and see how that goes. I may try it with an old bracelet I have just to see if it will work. :cheers:

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I tried the sandpaper and it will work. I added some painters tape to protect the other links. I started with 220 grit but it was taking too long so ended up using 100 grit. For me, I found it easier to do it on the edge of a table. Just be sure to only sand a small amount, check and then repeat if needed. Good luck!
photo6_zps9f29020a.jpg

thebeast

Horology Curious
1/5/13
Got my "Swiss ETA" BPSD from a TD - bad news.

I posted pics of my 21j BPSD (C&R) and was waiting for my "Swiss ETA" BPSD arrive from a TD here.

Well it arrived, and it has the engraving it should not have.

I requested QC pics, never got them and he sent it anyway.

My first Rep from an overseas TD - oh well.

IMG_0017_zpsd256c6e9.jpg

IMG_0018_zps36256c08.jpg

Not sure what my options are, we will see if he replies to my PM.

It really is a shame, the date looks great and it is a very smooth movement.

And this hobby was off to a fine start LOL. Maybe this is my wakeup call to slow down... I have been having such fun time that last night when I was tracking this BPSD I thought about cannibalizing my gen watches to make fraken reps.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Damn! The BP factory fudge it if they went with the engraved rehaut. I am keeping mine for ever if that is the case... :) Having no engraving is a huge +++

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Damn bp factory most inconsistent QC but when it's good they can be awesome in regards to achieving that close to gen 'look'

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I didnt think all of the new ones had this just a couple that slipped through ....?
I'm not sure if these are just some they made with the renault engraving becase they had the cases lying around or if this is how they will be coming now. Thats why I asked R2 if this is why he was thinking about changing the title. Not sure!

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I am really curious to know if TC DWO V3 is better than the bp one and how different does it look.

This is a good question and I have received several pm's from members asking this same thing. I'm my opinion, a new DWO is not needed unless the current one is misaligned. I think because there is no date magnification this hides a lot of sins, like bad printing etc.

Here are the things I feel need to be addressed
Bracelet - this is a must!
Insert - only needed if the pearl is off centered or other issues
Hands- this is marginal but needed for the detailed person (sorry Q)
Dial- this only needs to be replaced if the lume on the new hands don't match (not sure if TC hands match the BP dial lume)

This is only my opinion, please chime in if you feel differently.

:cheers:

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
TC hands arrived and they look to be a match!

3evumuze.jpg

ymuma7uv.jpg

adu3y8yb.jpg

Not 100% perfect, but close enough for me. I'll get them installed tomorrow morning and take more pics.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
However, being the benevolent man that I am, I will indulge all your noobtastic requests! In fact, I will give you a illustrated narrative of the process of TCifying my new BPSDv1:

Here are the TC hands next to the BP hands, per your request. The TC one are the ones that don't look like key lime pie:

utedahy8.jpg

Next, since the watch was already pretty much disassembled, I figured I would grease the seals and make sure it was pool ready. After all, they don't call it the land dweller:

eha4ynar.jpg

Then, I made breakfast, because I was hungry:

4u9a2e5y.jpg

ja9uba5y.jpg

I then installed the hands and decades the movement.

qe5a3asa.jpg

ubuzeva4.jpg

Looks good! So I have it another dunk just to make sure:

8e9esa3y.jpg

As I began to put it once TC bracelet, I realized that there was a fleck of debris underneath the crystal. It took me about 30 seconds of deliberation to decide that there was no way this wouldn't annoy the shit out of me, so I then uncased the movement again and cleaned it out good.

Here is the finished result:

7e7ygu3a.jpg

I plan on taking it out to the pool today, maybe I'll take some action shots of it there. Wasnt sure if I was gonna keep this thing, but after all that work I think I have to now! This will be my Summer swimming watch, I think.

Also, lume shot!

uru9u6y8.jpg

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
:facepalm:

You forgot the crown / tube :spank:
Sorry to let you down again :facepalm:

That being said, I do have some good news...a gen instert is a direct fit. No issues at all it snaps right in.
Geninsertphoto_zpsf7d21c1e.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Ok, the TC tube, I thread pitched out, it's M3 X .3 So on my case, I stripped the tc tube. Which is fine, cause I made sure the case was M3 X .35 just like the gen by running a tap through it. Check yours before you proceed please. Just a friendly FYI. I am ordering the WO tube, then I will need to chamfer the case thread hole. Bummer but at least I will have the correct gen tube in there.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Ok, the TC tube, I thread pitched out, it's M3 X .3 So on my case, I stripped the tc tube. Which is fine, cause I made sure the case was M3 X .35 just like the gen by running a tap through it. Check yours before you proceed please. Just a friendly FYI. I am ordering the WO tube, then I will need to chamfer the case thread hole. Bummer but at least I will have the correct gen tube in there.
R2,
Do you see any issues using the existing BP tube and just installing a gen crown? I have a gen tube and crown on order but think this might be way to go for simplicity.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The gen crown I had, was used. It did screw on to the BP tube. But, I felt it only had a few turns, maybe 2.5? It didn't feel like enough.

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
My TC parts just arrived :)

742693a7-aab3-4ab8-90dd-157cec33c8f3_zpsaaf02bd6.jpg

Bracelet was an easy install, didnt take much sanding at all to get it to fit, it is so much better quality than the BP bracelet.

Just need to get one of our modders to install my TC hands and TC crown and tube :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.