• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

what are the current bargain DSSD choices?

Saras

3/9/10
I'm looking to pick up a 21j DSSD along with a 21j ceramic Sub from one of our TDs. Here's what I've found, at this point I'm going with Angus again. Does anyone have any comments on the V5 from puretime or have any other suggestions on where to get a nice budget DSSD?

puretimewatch.com
[sea-dweller-deepsea-116600-v5-asian-21j $98]
http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116600-v5-asian-21j/

Time4Direct
[New Rolex Dssd 21j Same Factory As Milguass $129]
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...ex-dssd-21j-same-46159?t=46159&highlight=dssd

timesshop.net
[Rolex DEEP Sea-Dweller Ceramic ULTIMATE Blue Lume - Asian 21J Automatic $170]
http://www.timesshop.net/sea-dweller/3175-ro8298-rolex-deep-sea-dweller-ceramic-ultimate-blue-lume-asian-21j-automatic

vKgRb.jpg

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
I think for an entry level DSSD these three are your best bet, the one from Angus is very nice for the money as no DSSD is perfect. Even the one's selling for close to $400 bucks have as many flaws as these.

If you looks at the PT version you can see it has the correct centered 10, the T4D one is off center. Also the ring lock engraving on the PT version looks slightly better to me as does the HEV which appears slightly sunk into the case more like the gen vs the T4D one is flush mabye sticking out just a hair.

Both are really good quality for the money and you will be amazed at the heft of these for the price.

Awsome watchs regardless, you will enjoy either one very much...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Having a sapphire is important to me. T4D's has it.

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
Having a sapphire is important to me. T4D's has it.

Very true, The mineral glass may give more off axis distortion causing the dial and ring lock to seem skewed at different angles.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I didn't think of the distortion. Just scratch resistance. Thanks. :)

APS

Known Member
30/8/11
Very true, The mineral glass may give more off axis distortion causing the dial and ring lock to seem skewed at different angles.

Is it the material that causes the distortion? I thought it was because of the domed shape.

D

d4m.test

hmmm, contenders here

T4D: sapphire, great price.

PureTime: correct centered '10', mineral glass, great price.

D

d4m.test

Great info, thanks everyone.
nice to get a quick and detailed schooling of the V5, eVojlib thank you for that.

Thanks again, these are for friends for a wedding...I hope they get there, I'm worried they might get sized for my wrists and get stuck.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
My last order from T4D showed up in less than a week.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
D

d4m.test

Thank you for the suggestion, I agree with you ALE. If the DSSD was for me then that would be my choice. But these are for friends who want to pay as little as possible :) the $100 dollar Dssd is going to make my friend loose it when he gets it.

drozd

6/3/11
I noted that on some reps the wording ringlock ect is engraved, but on the Gen it looks like its just printed on the surface .... what are the ones mentioned like?

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
Mary at watchinternational (trusted dealer at RWG) has the ultimate DSSD A21J for $145 (ems shipping to USA is $26).

vpx

Renowned Member
2/11/10
why not V7
I'm in the market to expand my collection to include a DSSD, here's a question I propose to you, ALE7575: what is so great about the v7?

IMO the v7 on PT's site looks terrible. I think it's mostly the the pearl that kills it for me (unless it's supposed to look like that).

To me, the v6 looks exactly the same construction-wise as the v5 except it has a A2836-2 instead of a 21j.

Just4Peep

Known Member
19/7/10
I'm in the market to expand my collection to include a DSSD, here's a question I propose to you, ALE7575: what is so great about the v7?

IMO the v7 on PT's site looks terrible. I think it's mostly the the pearl that kills it for me (unless it's supposed to look like that).

To me, the v6 looks exactly the same construction-wise as the v5 except it has a A2836-2 instead of a 21j.

Do you think v6 is closer to the gen than v7? I assumed that v7 was better because well, it is the newer version. Maybe I will have to change my order that I just placed.