• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheating at QC pictures?

Lunny

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/13
I would've bought that watch from you and wore it with no issues. I don't see that as a flaw.

Bmw come on its obvious that that is a flaw! we know that we arent going to get exact but this is BS

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Bmw come on its obvious that that is a flaw! we know that we arent going to get exact but this is BS

How can you possibly see that on your wrist ? Is it a flaw ? Yes. Is it a big deal ? No. Look at all the people who buy POS 21J's all day long. You want to talk about flaws ? those entire watches are one big flaw. If the number was falling off , I could see it being a reason for rejection. I think we are losing sight of what we are buying. We have morons here who are rejecting AP Divers because the screws are not evenly sunken in to the bezel. That's how ridiculous it's getting.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
And this is what pushes the reps quality forward. The customer's demands.

Forgive me but when I have a visible imperfection in the logo or one of the indexes my eyes will always look fot it every time I glance at my watch. And I'm sure I'm not the only one like this.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I would've bought that watch from you and wore it with no issues. I don't see that as a flaw.

Agreed that it is not a flaw enough to reject the watch but dealers are hiding these flaws on purpose and that is what's wrong.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop

If the seller hid that flaw from you in the pictures, would you feel the same when you discovered it after you received the watch?

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Does it justify cheating at the qc pics? because this is what we are discussing.
Imho it's not about being realistic. I believe we all are. It's more about the dealers being honest or not.
But maybe it's about the culture. Rather sociological than ethical issue. I don't know much about the Chineese mentality but maybe it's nothing wrong to cheat a customer a little to make a good deal in far east...

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If the seller hid that flaw from you in the pictures, would you feel the same when you discovered it after you received the watch?

HAHA ! I've had worse things hidden from me on M2M transactions, and I just deal with it. You know why ? There's a good chance that the person wouldn't even have seen this. We aren't talking about a big ******* scratch on the insert.

kingkaiser

18/8/08
And this is what pushes the reps quality forward. The customer's demands.

+1
Why in the world would any dealer do qcs and get better quality pieces if not for the fact that customers are demanding better service, etc. Dealers like Angus prosper in prt due to their interaction with the community, and solid customer support. Things have changed a lot in this hobby from the old days, and all of us have benefited, in great part due to complaints, and feedback.

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13

I see your point. That's why I was comfortable selling it to another member To enjoy. The nick/mark itself wasn't what irked me but the hand covering the exact spot in the QC was.

Now, I see I'm not the only one that's had this happen to them.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
HAHA ! I've had worse things hidden from me on M2M transactions, and I just deal with it. You know why ? There's a good chance that the person wouldn't even have seen this. We aren't talking about a big ******* scratch on the insert.

True.....the buyer may not have even noticed it. But, to intentionally hide it, is wrong. It's much simpler and honest to tell the buyer----- "this is a flaw or flaws inherent to reps. I can request another one. However, it's likely to have similar flaws.
The ownership is on the buyer if he accepts it and the seller doesn't come across as "shifty".

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I see your point. That's why I was comfortable selling it to another member To enjoy. The nick/mark itself wasn't what irked me but the hand covering the exact spot in the QC was.

Now, I see I'm not the only one that's had this happen to them.

I was going to buy it, but I knew he wanted one. It's an acceptable watch in my opinion.

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
I was going to buy it, but I knew he wanted one. It's an acceptable watch in my opinion.

When he gets it and says it sticks out like a sore thumb, I'm going to show him your post :D:

Kidding aside, it's not about the flaws because it's inevitable in this hobby. But the fact that they're coincidentally being covered is the issue.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
When he gets it and says it sticks out like a sore thumb, I'm going to show him your post :D:

Kidding aside, it's not about the flaws because it's inevitable in this hobby. But the fact that they're coincidentally being covered is the issue.

he won't , because he will just send it to me. :hehehe:

Lunny

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/13
How can you possibly see that on your wrist ? Is it a flaw ? Yes. Is it a big deal ? No. Look at all the people who buy POS 21J's all day long. You want to talk about flaws ? those entire watches are one big flaw. If the number was falling off , I could see it being a reason for rejection. I think we are losing sight of what we are buying. We have morons here who are rejecting AP Divers because the screws are not evenly sunken in to the bezel. That's how ridiculous it's getting.

Ok i get it! but if there is a pubic hair on the dial and in the QC pics they cover it up with the hands!! come on thats BS.... I know some people here are acting like they are buying a Gen.. which has ruined ******* Paypal for all of us!!!! so i get it but when its something like this i cant say that the dealers are pulling some Bullshit.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Ok i get it! but if there is a pubic hair on the dial and in the QC pics they cover it up with the hands!! come on thats BS.... I know some people here are acting like they are buying a Gen.. which has ruined ******* Paypal for all of us!!!! so i get it but when its something like this i cant say that the dealers are pulling some Bullshit.

Pubic hair ? What color ? :sub4me:

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
I LOL'ed reading that first sentence. Yes, I'm immature at times lol