• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheating at QC pictures?

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
I just emailed my dealer about taking different angles on a watch which I think I saw something but not quite sure what it was. This is what he said…

"Sorry .. Other than the pics I have provided.I dont provide any further pics in any other angles.
QC pics is for simple verification.. Not for close up scrutiny.. I also dont have the ability to provide close up with my QC pics setup."

Is that normal? I thought the whole point of QC pics is QUALITY CONTROL! Scrutiny is a must, isn't it?

ryanwayer

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
9/1/12
I don't understand the title: Cheating at QC pictures? Why I need to cheat you? if I know the watch dial has problem, I can just simply exchange the watch from factory, I told you I would send a free replacement dial to you yesterday, what do you mean "The dealer offered me the way to resolve the problem" ?? I have to admit this is my fault I didn't check the imperfection of the logo, but I just don't agree about cheating at QC pictures.

and I just received your email : I was just wondering the other guys opinion. But it seems that Jordan does it on the regular basis. Maybe you should take some actions. Just for your consideration.

so you mean there are many case of cheating QC images ? Please post the pictures here.

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
I'll agree with the TD on that one.

They can't be spending half the day taking macro shots of every little detail. It should be what they've been doing along with another shot of the hands in a different position.

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
hmm its a bit weird how you cant get closer inspection pictures .. or more with better lighting..i mean if youre spending alot on reps ..word of advice, swap to other TDs..i know i did..and i never could be more happier

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
More TD's should answer that way. Its not a photoshoot for Maxim magazine.

Thanks for that…

Being new to this, i really shouldn't have set the bar high. All I wanted was value for money, and for a $200 watch, its still good value.

~neither happy nor sad…~

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Ryan seems to be a fair guy to me and if BMW is vouching for him then theres no doubt.:sub4me:

Ryan, send me a DJ II all SS for full inspection of your quality.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
hmm its a bit weird how you cant get closer inspection pictures .. or more with better lighting..i mean if youre spending alot on reps ..word of advice, swap to other TDs..i know i did..and i never could be more happier

Is it a full moon tonight ? Ryan and Sora take some of the best QC pics I've seen. What are you people smoking ? I really think some of you should stop wasting dealer's time. Its not worth it for the measely amount of profit.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
QC pics are a load of bullshit that should never have happened.
Name me one other game where you get this kind of thing.
Worst idea ReplicaMake ever had. Where is Robert when we need him?
He never succumbed to these things and neither did D4M.

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
Is it a full moon tonight ? Ryan and Sora take some of the best QC pics I've seen. What are you people smoking ? I really think some of you should stop wasting dealer's time. Its not worth it for the measely amount of profit.

i was replying to jeran1mo..neither have i mentioned ryan nor sora in any of my post..what have you been smoking??

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
i was replying to jeran1mo..neither have i mentioned ryan nor sora in any of my post..what have you been smoking??

Even the worst of the QC picture takers is still too much.

Notice how the guy who started it, is no longer around. Stuff like this drove him out of business.

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12

hehe take look at my qc pictures at native size. Maybe it's welcoming scrutiny haha.

http://postimg.org/image/642rb1je7/full/

lol. I think qc pics are a very fair thing. Tds are busy people them taking pics of the watch also gives them a chance to give it a look at it before it gets shipped out (this is where I feel the real quality control is) not the buyer nit picking very small things. I've yet to reject any qcs. Sure I have found small flaws but unless its something major I am fine with it.

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
hehe take look at my qc pictures at native size. Maybe it's welcoming scrutiny haha.

lol. I think qc pics are a very fair thing. Tds are busy people them taking pics of the watch also gives them a chance to give it a look at it before it gets shipped out (this is where I feel the real quality control is) not the buyer nit picking very small things. I've yet to reject any qcs. Sure I have found small flaws but unless its something major I am fine with i

fuarrrkk my eyesss

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13

Where did you get your watches from? I may give it a try. I have bought about 7 watches from my TD in a period of 2 months and this was the first time I asked for more photos. I was kinda bummed when he refused.

But that was then and this is now. BMW also made a good point and it was probably just dust or light reflection as all my other watches that came from him was great.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

lol. I think qc pics are a very fair thing. Tds are busy people them taking pics of the watch also gives them a chance to give it a look at it before it gets shipped out (this is where I feel the real quality control is) not the buyer nit picking very small things. I've yet to reject any qcs. Sure I have found small flaws but unless its something major I am fine with it.

You have common sense. If more people had that , we wouldn't be discussing this.

There is at least one thread every day here where someone has " expert eyes " needed. The times I've had a QC question , I forward the pic to a fellow member. Thats what normal people do.

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
You have common sense. If more people had that , we wouldn't be discussing this.

There is at least one thread every day here where someone has " expert eyes " needed. The times I've had a QC question , I forward the pic to a fellow member. Thats what normal people do.

You know the saying:

Common sense isn't common :hehehe:

GlennRyuen

16/7/11
Ryan helped me picked the best out of TD 3.5v Diver and i have every faith on him. I just ordered a nautilus from him , and in discussion with the aquanaut .
I trust that he is here for a long biz and he will rectify anything for his customers.