• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM 505 finally! [QC Pics Allowed]

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Totally agreed ichi! Even me, a moderate Pam geek, when I first saw the KW 312 some time ago, I thought they were showing the gen. That's how good the decoration is. I had to see the word 'rep' to know that it was a rep and then I went on to compare it with the P9k. And finally, I went: 'Oooooh'.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Dear ichi and jamztio

Many thanks for this interesting discussion

As above commented it is a criteria matter.
If we establish a criteria of evaluation we cannot change it every month

You all know I like a lot KW replicas, I have bought almost all last releases, and their GEN-like feel (following my own words) is already famous in all forums.

But if we say that a super replica cannot have some evident differences with the gen, a watch with clearly different movement and material cannot be a Super replica.
But as said by ichi this is not the Bible, of course, and anyone can establish his own criteria. My self included !! Indeed KW 417 KW 312 and KW 359 are my preferred PAMs with my PAM 390.

Therefore I'm the first to not bear in mind my GUIDE... LOL...

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I just ordered one from Intime is this the same maker?

http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=1223

Probably but the easiest way to find out is to just ask Ryan if it is the Kuvarsit build.

Thanks Mysterio but this FS states Asian 7750 movement...asking Ryan now.

As said by mysterio, Intime watch is KW version
Just Ryan has made a mistake writing A7750 instead of Seagull ST2555

See the position of balance wheel @6 instead @11 like A7750
This position is closer to the @7 of GEN P.9000

I will try to include tomorrow this watch in PAM GUIDE to clarify all doubts

ALE

AP Boy

Known Member
28/6/13
Thanks Ale, Mysterio, and RWI. I will post pics when it arrives...already looking for a strap! :RWI:

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Its a beautiful watch. It is stranger though that they repped first the composite and not the SS PAM388

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Well... since I already got my QC photos, I could do some gen/rep photo overlays :D The dial cutouts match very well, the rest - see:
dial_zpsc3c45b81.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks Polonus for this COMPLETE review with just one pic. Congrats

I actually use this overlapping system to start the study of my reviews, and it really works very well.
The dial layout is almost perfect, but I don't understand why makers don't have the hands with the same width of lume. It is very frequent in replicas.

Now we know much more details of this watch.
I will include them in the PAM GUIDE asap.

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Already preparing the pics and Mini-review for PAM GUIDE
Maybe tomorrow will be published

ALE

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
..to be honest I like these 'fat' hands more than gen's ones. Considering problems with gen composite material You can read on Paneristi - I like DLC over S.Steel more than gen's composite. Not to mention the lack of heft of gen watch ;)

So, if movement is really Seagull ST2555 - it can be the rep is ...better as a watch overall :) especially when considering the price.

AP Boy

Known Member
28/6/13
..to be honest I like these 'fat' hands more than gen's ones. Considering problems with gen composite material You can read on Paneristi - I like DLC over S.Steel more than gen's composite. Not to mention the lack of heft of gen watch ;)

So, if movement is really Seagull ST2555 - it can be the rep is ...better as a watch overall :) especially when considering the price.

Heard back from Ryan and yes his watch is also the same as Kuvarsit site w/ST2555. He stated he also has updated the listing to reflect this as well.