• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

toehh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/11
Yes bought it from m2m sale. But every dealer can get it for you. The modding can be done by almost every modder. Installing the gen plexi can be done by you or a handy member. If you need more info shoot me a PM ;)

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Yeah. Looks like the current "lemania" hand wind talked about in this thread.

Overport

14/2/13
Lately I have been keen to get a panda. Tried Andrew at TT but have not heard from him.

I'm no expert in this area, but would very much like to avoid quartz if posssible. Not that I'm a snob, just they are easy to call out.

Well okay, I am a snob....

Does the sunken dial issue hold with a panda? Also, some reps have a tribute to the Moon landing and some do not. What is the situation?

Many thanks for this informative thread BTW.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Lately I have been keen to get a panda. Tried Andrew at TT but have not heard from him.

I'm no expert in this area, but would very much like to avoid quartz if posssible. Not that I'm a snob, just they are easy to call out.

Well okay, I am a snob....

Does the sunken dial issue hold with a panda? Also, some reps have a tribute to the Moon landing and some do not. What is the situation?

Many thanks for this informative thread BTW.

Its not a mater of dial its a mate of movement. If you get panda with a lemania movement the problem will be still there.

xquisitor

15/6/13
Newbie here

What TD's sell the Speedmaster Pro? And what movement should you go with?

Thx!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Most of the dealers have this one.

If i were you i would get the Sea-Gull ST-19 aka "Asian Lemania" movement.

zabba

Horology Curious
25/7/13
looking to buy one

For a long time looking to buy one.

Have few options, but lack of time to review them.

should I go for 38mm or 42mm? manual for sure, but clueless regarding type

Is anyone willing to sell 42mm
I have look dillers but for some reason they charge a lot to ship to Netherlands
I am from Amsterdam

Vlade

randomguy101

29/7/13
Been lurking this thread for a while now and just about to buy my first speedy.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the ST19 speedy, but then I just found this on Trevor's site uploaded a week ago: http://www.trwatch.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=1129

From what I can see from the pictures, differences between this and the normal ST19 rep speedy are:

- obviously the seal at 9 instead of the normal chrono subdial
- closer spacing on subdials
- curved sapphire crystal?
- Omega engraved on the movement

Does anyone here have any experience with his Apollo edition speedy?

randomguy101

29/7/13
I did end up ordering the ST19 handwind speedy from hont, transaction has been perfect as expected from the many positive reviews here. He even sent me some more QC pics when I had a query about some parts of the watch. Here's some of what he sent me:

uShvB46.jpg

jbmTiec.jpg

essdgXR.jpg

OdCAWMt.jpg

Here it is on my wrist.
JhYB6tZ.jpg

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
Randomguy, the bezel on yours is correct, with smaller lettering, more "grey" than white, and the accent over the e. Most of the reps I've been looking at have the wrong bezel, so good find!

Has anyone else noticed that the Speedmaster Apollo (with the silver moon for 9 sundial) has the correct engraving on the chronograph bridge?? I'm going to see if a Td can sell me just that part... With the correct bridge and silver rather than blue screws; it starts to look very much like the gen mov.

randomguy101

29/7/13
Randomguy, the bezel on yours is correct, with smaller lettering, more "grey" than white, and the accent over the e. Most of the reps I've been looking at have the wrong bezel, so good find!

Has anyone else noticed that the Speedmaster Apollo (with the silver moon for 9 sundial) has the correct engraving on the chronograph bridge?? I'm going to see if a Td can sell me just that part... With the correct bridge and silver rather than blue screws; it starts to look very much like the gen mov.

Thanks, my one also has crown guards, some speedies I've seen on TD sites don't even have that , eg the one I linked earlier this thread. I was going to settle for one of those ones, and even sent that pic to hont, but he showed me this one instead so I was pretty happy.

Jonny2400

26/10/13
Hi guys

Really good posts and just spend the last few hours reading all 32 pages, I have one question am considering purchasing the gen, but I think I'll pick up the Quartz rep first and live with it for a few weeks before committing.

But what sort of size of wrist does the rep fit ? Have 8.20 inch wrist.

Also do any of you have any suggestion on how to get a spare link for a rep ?

Jonny

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Hi guys

Really good posts and just spend the last few hours reading all 32 pages, I have one question am considering purchasing the gen, but I think I'll pick up the Quartz rep first and live with it for a few weeks before committing.

Jonny

8.20 inch wrist is more than enough for the moonie...

You can ask your dealer for extra links, its the best option to get a few.

paradoxus

Horology Curious
19/10/13
Hi guys

Jonny

I have 6.5" wrist and went to a AD to try it on, and it fits perfectly. So if anything it can only be 'too small'. But looking at the pictures of shots posted, it should be fine on your wrist.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Jonny2400

26/10/13
Thanks, I just spoke with omega and the gen bracelet is just under 7 inch long and spare links are 0.4 inches. Omega will provide 3 free links on any of their watches. Which is ALWAYS well worth doing even if you have tiny wrists, as you could A sell them or B keep them for any damage picked up over the years.

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
Quick one... Is there much difference between the gen plexi and the sterncruz (however it's spelt) ones? Is there any noticeable difference in quality? Or is the only real difference the etched omega logo?

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Quick one... Is there much difference between the gen plexi and the sterncruz (however it's spelt) ones? Is there any noticeable difference in quality? Or is the only real difference the etched omega logo?

I've had both and aside from the logo you won't notice a difference. The heights and shape are almost identical. However, the Sternkreuz is available in different sizes so it will fit the rep better whereas the gen is only one size (and more expensive).