• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

nige76

31/8/10
Looks great, hopefully mine arriving any day now
Will post pics on arrival

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
Anyone who already own a V6, the crown and pushers inserts are made of plastic or rubber?! Not that this will keep away from it, I'm just curious about it...
Thanks!

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-23.608347,-46.725862"]Google Maps[/ame]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
OK,
My new favourite watch is here (Thanks Angus!). I'll include a poor picture to contribute, but there are far better examples in this thread already! (The mark next to the H is just external dust I had not noticed when taking the pic). Before it arrived I started worrying about the quality of the cut of the sub dials, but to be honest in the flesh it looks great. Even looking at this pic I start questioning it, then I look at the watch in my hand and it looks fine!!! :)
Anyway my poor photographic effort below!
My only issues :-
1) the rubber strap....it's good but the notches are either a little too tight or a little too loose on my wrist. Not sure the best way to solve that. Edit: It kind of fits ok as strap is...could be a little tighter to reduce a bit of flare maybe.
2) I have loctite and a Hublot screwdriver as I was going to remove the bezel screws to apply some loctite (I understand this is recommended) ....but I'm scared in case I break something! :p I tightened them (not too hard) They seem secure enough.
Thanks
P.S. I know some concerns were raised about the clasp being uncomfortable....I have to say even with my smallish wrist it is very comfortable! Not sure why people had issue with it or perhaps the issue was with an earlier version.

Many thanks Phil for your kind cooperation
Congrats for this awesome watch!!
You CF dial pic are fantastic
I think it will be useful for all intersted people

Be careful about the Loctite
Assure Loctite222ms. Read posts #111-112-117-118 about that

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
RG/RG HBB V6 - from samurai jack

Samurai jack has had the kindness to take these awesome pics of his RG/RG HBB V6
Thanks samurai

It seems more RG ans less "yellowish"
But some pics are still a little yellow
We will wait for more information.

These ones taken early this morning...under white fluorescent light without a flash....no processing done

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

Here are a couple taken from iPhone in natural light just a few min back:

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS AN
INDEX OF THIS THREAD AT THE END OF POST #1

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
I have a v6 ss/ceramic on the way, but I must say I am a bit worried from the numerous factory QC cases, such as the H-screws magically falling off after a day's wear and the rotors coming loose. Knock on wood, all of my reps are still running perfect after a year, and my HBB lite is still running like a champ with no loose screws.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
i dont think the seconds hand is purchasable on its own right.?

I'm not sure either. Would it be a direct fit on the rep anyway?

It's probably not worth changing unless you're opening the case up anyway.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Curious combinations HBB- Approximate Look Black Magic V6 Evo-by Chrissej

Very curious combinations from Chrissej
Changing, bezels, dials, movements…

From the four reps you can see at the last picture:
1- HBB Black Magic old model
2- HBB All black old model
3- HBB Ice Bang 2009 batten V5
4- HBB V6 SS/Black Ceramic

You can see below the approximate look of the future Black Magic V6 Evo !!

For those not hanging at RG aswell
IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

And with other bezel options
IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

And some random shots
IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
i dont think the seconds hand is purchasable on its own right.?

I think it is no worth any hand change, the difference is relatively great but it is not noticeable at natural size

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Many thanks Phil for your kind cooperation
Congrats for this awesome watch!!
You CF dial pic are fantastic
I think it will be useful for all intersted people

Be careful about the Loctite
Assure Loctite222ms. Read posts #111-112-117-118 about that

Thanks Ale...Loctite 222 already in stock and ready to apply :)

Delighted with the SS/CF....so much so I had to contribute some £££ to RWI without whom it would not be possible! I encourage everyone who buys a watch from info here to do the same if they have not already. :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks Ale...Loctite 222 already in stock and ready to apply :)

Delighted with the SS/CF....so much so I had to contribute some £££ to RWI without whom it would not be possible! I encourage everyone who buys a watch from info here to do the same if they have not already. :)

I'm very happy due to the forum and this thread can help you
Good idea to become VIP I did the same for the same reasons.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10

i might send it for a lume job.. still considering.. if i do, i wld source e e hands as well..

I think it is no worth any hand change, the difference is relatively great but it is not noticeable at natural size

no offense, ale.. but i beg to differ.. i've seen on e gen how thin & tapered it is, not to mention e logo curve.. i'd think its pretty obvious..

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
no offense, ale.. but i beg to differ.. i've seen on e gen how thin & tapered it is, not to mention e logo curve.. i'd think its pretty obvious..

It is not at all an offense my friend, it is an opinion and we are here to say all we wish.
Anyway, I had posted:

FLAWS IN SECOND HAND of HBB V6
- The second hand of REP is wider and its “H†is wider too and has more rounded edges.
- Besides the “S†form that is crossing the “H†is less open in the replica and seems more inclined.

Then, I agree about the flaws and their importance
icon13.gif

Therefore, after that it is a taste question.

For you are important, Thus OK, change it
icon7.gif

I can live with this, Thus OK, I will not change it
icon7.gif

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
GEN PICS HBB V6 RG/Black ceramic - by lacosta

Lacosta has taken these good pics of a GEN RG/Black Ceramic

COMMENTS

ATTENTION: The first pic. Is a REP RG/RG from samurai jack to compare

-The GEN seems an old model because it has the movement without regulator and without circular bridges

-Please note the very fine brushing of the GEN bezel (It seems finer than reps)
-You can also see the crystal raised at two pics, it seems no very different than reps.

- Concerning RG GEN colour, there are differences between pics, more or less “yellowish”
Anyway this colour seems more rose than the rep
colour.

Thanks lacosta for these fantastic and useful pics

REP RG/RG of samurai jack
REP.jpg

BELOW THE GEN PICS
GENFRENTE.jpg

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Screws and Pushers

A word of warning....the screws being lost if loose has been mentioned, but I read elsewhere that the rubber pusher should be checked in case they need some glue?

Mine seem firmly attached so maybe not an issue with V6? I am reluctant to force them off to apply glue that may not be needed. But i thought it worth a mention. :)

nige76

31/8/10
A word of warning....the screws being lost if loose has been mentioned, but I read elsewhere that the rubber pusher should be checked in case they need some glue?

Mine seem firmly attached so maybe not an issue with V6? I am reluctant to force them off to apply glue that may not be needed. But i thought it worth a mention. :)

Yes this happened to me - when I received my HBB lite (v1.5) I wore it round the house and the pusher rubber fell off, luckily found it but if I'd had been outside it would have probably be lost. Not sure how easy they are to source

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10

Yes this happened to me - when I received my HBB lite (v1.5) I wore it round the house and the pusher rubber fell off, luckily found it but if I'd had been outside it would have probably be lost. Not sure how easy they are to source

how does one do this.? i have a V6 incoming & will be applying e loctite to e screws but how shld we knw where e pushers shld go.?