• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
Just me or does the rose gold models look.....not like rose gold. The hands look like rose gold, but the case does not...

samurai jack

5/6/07
Just got the SS ceramic delivered. I have to say the quality is bloody mind-blowing. I have had HBBs & KPs since they were launched about 3-4 yrs. back and have about 10 of them as of now. This one surpasses everything I have handled. Gen like feeling. Pics to follow.

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Just got the SS ceramic delivered. I have to say the quality is bloody mind-blowing. I have had HBBs & KPs since they were launched about 3-4 yrs. back and have about 10 of them as of now. This one surpasses everything I have handled. Gen like feeling. Pics to follow.

Yeah please post pics as I'd like to see the edges around the date window and the subdials on the CF dial........Thanks

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
The edges around mine r real clean. Got mine yesterday ss/cer from Lay. So far , so good

TIME IS A LIE WE CHOOSE TO BELIEVE

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11

Looking forward to seeing the pics! :)

Really in a debate with myself whether or not I should wait and see which other versions of the V6 Evo are going to be released or if I should just go for the SS version before they are sold out for ages haha.

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
I am still clinging to the hope that they will release Ice Bang models with the new movement.

I have heard before that they can not produce ceramic though, which will be inaccurate (if they use SS).

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Hi samurai
Please take some pics of completely side view to determine the height of the crystal
Thanks in advance!!!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I am still clinging to the hope that they will release Ice Bang models with the new movement.

I have heard before that they can not produce ceramic though, which will be inaccurate (if they use SS).

Please read post #155 of guru
What guru says is:

"but the ceramic case takes a little longer to get done"

Not impossible just longer!!

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS AN
INDEX OF THIS THREAD AT THE END OF POST #1

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Just me or does the rose gold models look.....not like rose gold. The hands look like rose gold, but the case does not...
Hi
Perhaps it is just an excess of green colour at pics
I have corrected them
What about these ones?
I have already corrected them also in post #1

hbbrgcorreg2.jpg

HBBV6RG-BlackCer-Croco-gummy-1.jpg

HBBV6RG-LATERALYTRASERA-DEFI.jpg

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
Let me get this straight: the Crystal on the V6, is it supposed to be flush with the bezel or raised?

Gosh! Can't choose between the SS/SS or SS/CER :arghh:

Is it just me or the CF cutting on the subdials and the date appear to be "jagged" and just not neat like the Gen one..

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Let me get this straight: the Crystal on the V6, is it supposed to be flush with the bezel or raised?

The gen has a slightly raised crystal but so does the rep V6. However the rep crystal is not raised as much as in the gen.

Gosh! Can't choose between the SS/SS or SS/CER :arghh:

Is it just me or the CF cutting on the subdials and the date appear to be "jagged" and just not neat like the Gen one..

No it's not just you. The cutouts (both subdials and the date window) are not smooth on the CF dial. In some instances the date window edges are still fine but I am yet to see a rep CF V6 dial with smooth cuts on the subdials. For this very reason I'd prefer SS over the Ceramic CF. If the CF dial didn't have such glaring imperfections I'd have bought the CF in a heartbeat.

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
The gen has a slightly raised crystal but so does the rep V6. However the rep crystal is not raised as much as in the gen.

No it's not just you. The cutouts (both subdials and the date window) are not smooth on the CF dial. In some instances the date window edges are still fine but I am yet to see a rep CF V6 dial with smooth cuts on the subdials. For this very reason I'd prefer SS over the Ceramic CF. If the CF dial didn't have such glaring imperfections I'd have bought the CF in a heartbeat.

Hmm, thx for the input. Looks like I'll be ordering the SS from puretime soon. Just to be sure, this has the correct rotor right? So I don't have to order 1 from Tony.

Can anyone recommend a good crystal from 1 of our trusted seller with the correct height?

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Hmm, thx for the input. Looks like I'll be ordering the SS from puretime soon. Just to be sure, this has the correct rotor right? So I don't have to order 1 from Tony.

Can anyone recommend a good crystal from 1 of our trusted seller with the correct height?

It has the correct rotor, which is actually very accurate. Maybe the 'Hublot Geneve' font is slightly bolder than it should be but this is a replica after all! It's not very noticeable.

na9er

Horology Curious
23/9/09
I am waiting for "Ice Bang" and "Black Magic" and I hope that there is "Big Bang Red Magic" and "Big Bang All Black Green"

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
Hi
Perhaps it is just an excess of green colour at pics
I have corrected them
What about these ones
I have already corrected them also in post #1

hbbrgcorreg2.jpg

HBBV6RG-BlackCer-Croco-gummy-1.jpg

hbbrgcorreg2-DEFI.jpg

Even these pictures look off on the tone of rose gold. Again the hands look fine, but something about the color of the case just doesn't look right. Probably the pictures though.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Even these pictures look off on the tone of rose gold. Again the hands look fine, but something about the color of the case just doesn't look right. Probably the pictures though

I think it is a pics problem or even a brushing problem
Because I don't believe the maker uses a RG for hands and other for the plated case. It would not be normal