• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Thanks for the answer!
Interessting - in your pictures, the case looks more silver-ish then black. I remember the case quite dark. But it could be the pictures.
Congrats, you beat me to it - I still waiting for the pagani to arrive ;)
That’s the light reflection
It’s really black

urvipervi

Looking Around
20/4/24
Been lurking on this thread of while so decided imma give it go. Got to moonswatch reps ordered, 2 speedy cases and some stems also. Need to find a place to print the holders @Caboose provided files for. The for sale thread i found in M2M was under archive so didnt think i could order from there. Do i need the v2 or v4 holder? One case is from dhgate.(link from this thread i think.)(other is a pagani from alix)

Reactions: Caboose

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Been lurking on this thread of while so decided imma give it go. Got to moonswatch reps ordered, 2 speedy cases and some stems also. Need to find a place to print the holders @Caboose provided files for. The for sale thread i found in M2M was under archive so didnt think i could order from there. Do i need the v2 or v4 holder? One case is from dhgate.(link from this thread i think.)(other is a pagani from alix)
A v4 case should be fine for your needs. v2 is fine as well. It can be trimmed to fit most cases if it does not perfectly fit initially. I only have custom variants of the v4 because I like perfect prints for my watches. Saves me time when building 10 at a time!

I recommend the local library if they have a 3d printer, followed by a makerspace. It's a short print (<20 minutes) so you should be good.

Reactions: urvipervi

qjai89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/24
  • V1 - Original design, unchamfered edges which sometimes caught when closed the caseback
  • V2 - Chamfered edges, different logos for different regions (flags, etc.)
  • V4 - Chamfered edges, widened holes near pushes to accommodate more cases
  • V4c - Same as above but narrower diameter for different casebacks
  • V4b - Same as V4, but single diameter instead of double diameter for some cases
V4 is going to fit most stuff and should be good. You can also always trim V4 to become a V4c or a V4b, which is nice!
Is there an STL for v4c? Can't seem to see it on thingiverse. Seems like the snoopy caseback is too tight so need more narrow diameter for the case back end.

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
i filed down a V1 and made a circle spring from steel wire.

you need to keep the crown in time setting to align the dial with the bezel before locking the thing

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Is there an STL for v4c? Can't seem to see it on thingiverse. Seems like the snoopy caseback is too tight so need more narrow diameter for the case back end.
I've uploaded the V4c and V4b models here:

Reactions: qjai89 and Karbon74

qjai89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/24
Got a few parts in transit but here's my initial build after 2 broken movements (first one as previously discussed, second one had the crown stem broke within). Have it side by side with my gen for comparison.

Waiting for the snoopy and mars to come in the male so I can make a albino style one!

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Just came across a batch of nightmare moonswatch reps.

One has the dial loose, on the other, the reset is super wierd