• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Should be fine IMO. A lot of TD's will crank the living hell out of the mainspring for the QC's so it's probably got a full wind on it.

Reactions: amshah

AccuTimes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/22
Mine finally arrived. I turned down 4pcs due to dial indice placement, lume spill. Overly crooked 6, uncentered date, the usual stuff.

This was the best of the bunch, the bezel movement is a little looser than the original but apart from that and the noisy light rotor, its a keeper for now.

Photo fitted on OEM rubber.

Looks awesome!

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Has anyone successfully removed the bezel? I put it into my bezel removal tool but it would not seperate enough to release (which i've never had before on any watch).

My bezel alignment is slightly off so I was going to remove the insert and reseat it with glue. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: ChooperKool

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I messed up the keyless works on my movement when I took it apart to clean a smudge on the crystal. Luckily was able to reset the keyless works and re-assemble without marring the hands or dial.

Decided to regulate it when I was done. The movement in mine had a fair of positional variance that I haven't experienced with other standard grade SW200s. When I got it to 0 sec / day in the flat dial up position it goes to -12 / 14 in the crown facing up position. When I speed it up to about -2 s/d in crown up it goes to +14-16 dial up. Was finally able to get it to +6 dial up, -8 crown up, +4 crown down. Hopefully that balances out well in actual wear and real world use.

Has anyone successfully removed the bezel? I put it into my bezel removal tool but it would not seperate enough to release (which i've never had before on any watch).

My bezel alignment is slightly off so I was going to remove the insert and reseat it with glue. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated!

One thing you could try is remove the movement from the case, (just be careful with those damn keyless works) and blast the bezel with a hairdryer or heat gun to break down the adhesive. When you feel the bezel insert is loosened enough to wiggle around with your fingers, you can pry out the insert with the smallest screwdriver you have (black or red one) without damaging the insert if you're very careful and gentle. I've replaced several inserts on several watches with tight bezels that wouldn't come off using this method.

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Hadn't tried heat before. I typically have been trying to remove so I can place the bezel into some isopropal alcohol to break down the glue or 3M adhesive. Obviously (especially on this one) i'm hestiatant as others have reported the number infill chipping or cracking out of the bezel. Thanks for the suggestion!

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
Anyone else had the strange paint chipping issue described earlier in the thread? Was really keen on this rep but there are always horror stories to put one off.

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
I haven't had the issue at all with mine, but as someone who has repainted engraved numerals on bezels before, this is far from a "horror story". It's the easiest fix imaginable.
Fair enough haha yes! I'm sure there are plenty of guides around. I'm a dab hand with arts and crafts generally so it wouldn't be too bad i imagine. I think i just think to myself 'watches' and cower in fear lol. How are you liking the watch when compared to other reps? looks great.

untimely

Horology Curious
13/5/23
USA

I'm mostly happy with my watch from jtime. I do have a couple quibbles:

Chiefly, as you can see in this picture, there's a flaw on the bracelet that they didn't show well at all on the QC. To me, they should have noticed and not tried to sell it, or if they wanted to pass it through gone out of their way to highlight it in pics.

Beyond this, I found sizing the bracelet difficult because the turn screw system didn't secure back easily.

It loses nearly 30 sec a day.

If I go a day without wearing, even if I wind it good the last night I wear it, I find it dead on morning of the second day.

Haven't seen the gen so I don't know how close they got color of the bezel, which often looks almost turquoise. Most pics I see I don't notice it being this shade.

Other than that, well made. I know a watch guy who was stunned when I told him it was a rep. He said "If that actually is a rep, it's worth every penny."

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard

I'm mostly happy with my watch from jtime. I do have a couple quibbles:

Chiefly, as you can see in this picture, there's a flaw on the bracelet that they didn't show well at all on the QC. To me, they should have noticed and not tried to sell it, or if they wanted to pass it through gone out of their way to highlight it in pics.

Beyond this, I found sizing the bracelet difficult because the turn screw system didn't secure back easily.

It loses nearly 30 sec a day.

If I go a day without wearing, even if I wind it good the last night I wear it, I find it dead on morning of the second day.

Haven't seen the gen so I don't know how close they got color of the bezel, which often looks almost turquoise. Most pics I see I don't notice it being this shade.

Other than that, well made. I know a watch guy who was stunned when I told him it was a rep. He said "If that actually is a rep, it's worth every penny."
Did you get the sw200 version?

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
If it's losing that much time possibly it got magnetized or it just got punted 93x's by postal workers using the box as a football and bumped the regulation arms on the balance during shipping.

It's easy enough to regulate it yourself if you're up for trying. Even a timekeeper app on your phone would be enough to do a pretty good job for you to measure the right adjustment needed to get it running properly.

untimely

Horology Curious
13/5/23
USA
I appreciate the advice. I’ve read a lot on here about replacing the motor. I’m not a horologist though, I have no inkling about opening this thing up. Not sure about the movement in this one. I ordered from jtime in mid-March 2023 and received it early April, if that tells you anything.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I appreciate the advice. I’ve read a lot on here about replacing the motor. I’m not a horologist though, I have no inkling about opening this thing up. Not sure about the movement in this one. I ordered from jtime in mid-March 2023 and received it early April, if that tells you anything.
Gonna ask again, is this the SW200 version?

julius11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
Not sure. Is there a way of finding out without opening up the case? Again, I’m the noob of noobs with watches
Without opening, it will be hard. If you've ever handled maybe a gen swiss made watch with an eta or sellita movement, you could probably tell on how the watch winds, changes date etc.

untimely

Horology Curious
13/5/23
USA
Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if there's any watches at Macy's on 34th St that have this movement and I could check. But I'd hold my breath that they'd know what watch to point me to.

I'm curious though--what's the difference? Is JTime sending different versions of this watch these days?

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if there's any watches at Macy's on 34th St that have this movement and I could check. But I'd hold my breath that they'd know what watch to point me to.

I'm curious though--what's the difference? Is JTime sending different versions of this watch these days?
How much did you pay? That'll tell you the answer