• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Yes, genuine ETA 2824 rotor is direct fit. There has been a very noticeable improvement in accuracy and power reserve without hand winding since changing it. @Statist is the one who identified the problem with the rep rotor.

I want to retract my earlier statement- with the stock rotor I was in fact losing time -and not even keeping properly wound in the winder. After the great work of @Statist and @dood I replaced my rotor with an ETA. There was A LOT of nasty heavy grease under my rotor! After a good cleanup and a full wind, I will let it sit overnight and see what the timegrapher shows.

Thanks guys- your sharp eye and diligence kept me from disliking an otherwise great watch!

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I received the Ali clasp today. It is indeed a huge pain in the ass to fit.

I managed to get it on a shark skin strap that I bought for a different watch. I don’t plan to keep it on this strap. But I might pick up the same shark strap in blue to use with this watch and clasp.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Update- the new rotor made all the difference.

a one screw mod that even a moron like me can accomplish.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
UPDATE: there is actually a technique that seems to work for getting the springbar to seat these Ali clasps.

It took an unreasonable amount of fiddling and I still wouldn’t recommend buying this clasp lol.

It’s hard to explain in writing but I just jammed / tucked a bit of the strap material below the springbar loop into the inner side of the clasp. With one end of the springbar seated in hole and the other side of the strap loop hole with springbar sticking out resting on the top of the clasp. Then push the springbar to make contact with the metal and shove the other end of the loop down from above.

This technique worked for me on a variety of leather, rubber and textile straps I had lying around. I ended up settling on this navy textile / sailcloth strap.

Reactions: AccuTimes

AccuTimes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/22
UPDATE: there is actually a technique that seems to work for getting the springbar to seat these Ali clasps.

It took an unreasonable amount of fiddling and I still wouldn’t recommend buying this clasp lol.

It’s hard to explain in writing but I just jammed / tucked a bit of the strap material below the springbar loop into the inner side of the clasp. With one end of the springbar seated in hole and the other side of the strap loop hole with springbar sticking out resting on the top of the clasp. Then push the springbar to make contact with the metal and shove the other end of the loop down from above.

This technique worked for me on a variety of leather, rubber and textile straps I had lying around. I ended up settling on this navy textile / sailcloth strap.

Your fabric strap looks sharp!

Reactions: workingbarista

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Supply of these seems to be getting tight.
I see the general consensus is that this really is a top quality watch. That a rotor swap is likely needed to make it perform to it's best.

Is there any opinion on which colour is best, as in closest to Gen?

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Hi folks,

Where I can find GO clasp ?

Your version has white borders surrounding the lume which is accurate to gen for the black version only. The pics of this rep that we've seen before had metal borders around the lume on the black version which is not accurate. I wonder if the factory updated this now and you have an updated version?

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Patron
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Your version has white borders surrounding the lume which is accurate to gen for the black version only. The pics of this rep that we've seen before had metal borders around the lume on the black version which is not accurate. I wonder if the factory updated this now and you have an updated version?
Noticed the same that his has the printed numerals. I've said this before, but it bears repeating, GO did release some SeaQs with applied numerals on black.

mar777

Horology Curious
11/11/14
Hi, it is genuine. I'm looking for GO deployment for zulu tropical strap. I don't like central polished bracelet links, I think of brushing them or to look for replica bracelet to take off all central links and put them brushed on genuine bracelet.

mar777

Horology Curious
11/11/14
Noticed the same that his has the printed numerals. I've said this before, but it bears repeating, GO did release some SeaQs with applied numerals on black.
I think you are talking about Panorama date, the larger version has applied numerals, Here is genuine 39.5

mar777

Horology Curious
11/11/14

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
I think you are talking about Panorama date, the larger version has applied numerals, Here is genuine 39.5
I think so too. never seen a normal 39 mm SeaQ in Black with Applied numerals. Not that I searched for.

Is there any opinion on which colour is best, as in closest to Gen?
Black one is - beside the applied numerals- off on the color of the of the hour indices (gen white, rep yellowish like numerals). All of them are off for the proportions of the hour indices (same hight as the lines next to them, gen is smaller).

Reactions: Jammydodger79