• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

emchtaw

Horology Curious
14/5/23
Germany
Post what strap you go with when you get it! :)
As you can see, my arm size is small, so I have issues with longer straps.

Now I wait for two a bit shorter rubber straps from AliExpress. If these are not so nice, I'll try a wolbrook tropic strap (wolbrook.com) - also shorter (120/75cm) but expensive (including shipping).

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I'm happy with my black one too ... :cool:

but I am a little annoyed that I've forgotten the alignment of the bezel in the QC. I did not know/realized that it's a latching bezel ...

Another criticism is the bracelet, which is very sharp on the edges and some of the screws to change the length almost drove me crazy.... but I will use another bracelet anyway.

Additionally, I will also do the rotor mod ... it is good to hear that the clock winds up very little only.

3fMg7p.jpeg
What bracelet will you use? I see the gen switched from polished center links to brushed. I think brushed would be much much better on this watch.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Have been loving mine after getting it at a bargain of $150 on here because of a stripped crown.

Unknowlingly, I did the rotor mod without reading this thread and mine is keeping +/-0 s/d with amplitude holding in the 290's.

The bracelet was interesting to size, but it is the same system as the older IWC Aquatimers.

Will definitely never leave the collection.

I tried a tropic on yesterday, but the tropic I have is a little longer and I don't like how visible the extra size is on the 12 o'clock side when worn. Gotta get a shorter Tropic.

4d26d7effe4b962b5d63f4a4cd4fc896.jpg

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Can someone tell me how to remove links and talk to me like I'm an absolute idiot?
Sure.

1. Flip the watch.
  2. With the smallest tip flat head screw driver you have, you will turn the middle button that has a flat head ridge on it. To do so, push DOWN and TURN at the same time to either the left or right. On the lock position, it would be like this "|". On the unlocked position, it would look like this "-" (North-South, locked, East-West, unlocked)
  3. The screw will remain unlocked and you can push the pin out with a push-pin.
  4. Size to your liking.
  5. Repeat the process to lock. Push pin in, push down on the locking screw and turn it to locked position (North-South "|")
Hope that helps.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Sure.

1. Flip the watch.
  2. With the smallest tip flat head screw driver you have, you will turn the middle button that has a flat head ridge on it. To do so, push DOWN and TURN at the same time to either the left or right. On the lock position, it would be like this "|". On the unlocked position, it would look like this "-" (North-South, locked, East-West, unlocked)
  3. The screw will remain unlocked and you can push the pin out with a push-pin.
  4. Size to your liking.
  5. Repeat the process to lock. Push pin in, push down on the locking screw and turn it to locked position (North-South "|")
Hope that helps.
Not all heroes wear capes...

emchtaw

Horology Curious
14/5/23
Germany
There's lots of versions of the SeaQ released, including the black dial standard date with applied numerals. Chill, this is true to a version of gen.

That's not true ... The SeaQ 1-39-11-06-80-35 (39.5mm black dial) was never released with applied numerals! This is a unique Chinese version and it's a bit of a shame, even if it looks nice! ;)

There are gen 43.2 mm black dial panorama date version comes with applied numerals, but not on the 39.5mm. There is also a 39.5mm rose gold version with applied numerals but the normal one with white background date ... no.

The reason is that the black dial version is based on the previous model from 1969!

IMHO image above is a b/w-image of a green dial version or something ... don't know where you found it. 🧐

🧐

Reactions: hirtegirte

emchtaw

Horology Curious
14/5/23
Germany
BTW: Has anyone experiences with the water resistance?

Is it safe to go swimming with the watch (I don't intend to dive)?

The shop says >30 m - can I rely on this information? 🙃

emchtaw

Horology Curious
14/5/23
Germany
If you can do without the raised glas and the swiss movement (Seiko) ... you can save a lot of money and buy "SEESTERN" (Starfish) :)

Also available as bi-color (blue and black dial) ... in difference to the Glashutte replica, also with the black dial numerals are filled white.

rs=w:1184,h:1184

emchtaw

Horology Curious
14/5/23
Germany
BTW: I'm very pleased with the accuracy of the movement: after 10 days, the watch lost around 30 seconds only. I think this a nice value!?

eddi

Supporter
31/7/10
Hello friends - think of ordering a green one - how long is the bracelet? Will it fit a 20cm wrist? Thanks and greetz

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Hello friends - think of ordering a green one - how long is the bracelet? Will it fit a 20cm wrist? Thanks and greetz
It should be. Mine is 6.75 in, currently sized as such and I have like 4 links and a half link in spare. Plus, the clasp has a micro adjustment on the fly.

Reactions: eddi

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
If it hasn't been reported, for those who buy it.

Treat the crown carefully. Mine is out of commission for the time being until I source a new crown. You need to reverse screw it until it engages, then screw it in. If not, it will strip. Also found out that the gasket on my crown was too thick.

Reactions: rockdaytona