• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I think the srews on the downside are locking bolds. You need to rotate them 90° to release them. Afterwards you should be able to remove the bolds (1) or caps (2), which are holding together the segments, sideways.
I don't have a screwdriver small enough to engage to locking bolds right now, those bolds are TINY

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I think the srews on the downside are locking bolds. You need to rotate them 90° to release them. Afterwards you should be able to remove the bolds (1) or caps (2), which are holding together the segments, sideways.
This is not true , there are no pins on the side onky a few gave pins right by the clasp.

Does anyone know how to size this freaking bracelet????

Incredibly frustrating after buying the watch

zfa

Horology Curious
13/1/22

Yeah, it's not obvious until you work out what's going on...

So those screws are just 'locks' - when the line on the head is parallel to the bracelet sides they're locked, when the line on fht head us perpendicular to the sides they're unlocked.

So to resize you need to 'unlock' the two screws on one of the side link and then that side link will pull right off the pins it was locked onto. The corresponding link on the other side can then be pulled out through the centre link without it's screws being loosened at all (pins will remain locked in that side piece as it slides out). Do this on adjacent pieces and you will start to have a pile of the centre links coming free.

Reverse to put back together, lol.

Hope that helps. My watch shipped with the heads a bit messed up, think someone had a go at the TD or factory too. Oh well.

Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Yeah, it's not obvious until you work out what's going on...

So those screws are just 'locks' - when the line on the head is parallel to the bracelet sides they're locked, when the line on fht head us perpendicular to the sides they're unlocked.

So to resize you need to 'unlock' the two screws on one of the side link and then that side link will pull right off the pins it was locked onto. The corresponding link on the other side can then be pulled out through the centre link without it's screws being loosened at all (pins will remain locked in that side piece as it slides out). Do this on adjacent pieces and you will start to have a pile of the centre links coming free.

Reverse to put back together, lol.

Hope that helps. My watch shipped with the heads a bit messed up, think someone had a go at the TD or factory too. Oh well.
Thanks bro, I do t have a screwdriver small enough to get those tiny locks. Any ideas?

zfa

Horology Curious
13/1/22
Thanks bro, I do t have a screwdriver small enough to get those tiny locks. Any ideas?
Those screws are not the best quality and judging by the state of mine somewhat easy to mess up so I'd use the right tool for the right job ™.

But they're not super-super-never-been-seen-before tiny. One of those little cheap screwdriver sets you can get for fixing the arms on eyeglasses should do the job? I actually just used the smallest flathead I had in a little tech set for fixing phones etc.

zfa

Horology Curious
13/1/22
How's the build quality in hand for the members that have received theirs?
Yeah, I'm pleased with the build.

I mean the case is the case and steel so no qualms there. As for bracelet feel I'd say it's kind of similar, maybe not quite, VSF sub level but defo a step above the likes of a ZF bracelet on their Tudor or VC if that helps?? I'm not too au fait with a vast array so finding it hard to find a comparable but I think it's solid enough.

As mentioned above the screws are a bit shitty and will get easily marked and semi-stripped so you need a bit of care there but that should be a one and done I guess.

Reactions: Jooc10

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Saw these posted up today. The blue is REALLY different. It's unclear from the translation if this is a seperate release or the 2nd batch run of the SeaQ that has a really different color? Anyone know anything more?

There were new pics of the black model as well.

zfa

Horology Curious
13/1/22
I guess the blue dial could be the lighting but the black dial... gen doesn't have the metal numbers/markers does it? Thought it was just lume direct onto the dial on that version. Looks great, but just not gen-line??

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
I guess the blue dial could be the lighting but the black dial... gen doesn't have the metal numbers/markers does it? Thought it was just lume direct onto the dial on that version. Looks great, but just not gen-line??
Agreed I don't get what's going on. Gen doesn't have the metal surrounds on the markers on the black. And there isn't a different color blue Gen model that i'm aware of. But the translation did claim it was still powered by a Swiss SW200. Unsure if this is still RXWF?

Reactions: zfa

Jooc10

17/3/15
Saw these posted up today. The blue is REALLY different. It's unclear from the translation if this is a seperate release or the 2nd batch run of the SeaQ that has a really different color? Anyone know anything more?

There were new pics of the black model as well.

Where did you see these pictures posted on?