• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated Royal Oak Tourbillon by R8 Factory are out

vtxf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/14
Dial is very close to original bearing in mind I have only seen photos of the original. It is truly stunning and I have spent hours staring at it. Also please remember this watch is 0.5% price of original

Reactions: grillbrill

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hi. Sorry for delay in getting back to you.self winding works perfectly. Accuracy is amazing. Typo on the back is there but not very big font so have to learn to live with it.size and photos will have to wait till tomorrow when the sun is out and I can find the micrometer
In pics the hand base of the rep looks larger to me than that of the gen. What's your opinion?

vtxf

15/11/14
I have looked at photos of original (lots) and the rep and honestly I cannot discern and significant difference. At the end of the day it's a rep at 0.5% price of the original and it gives me 95% pleasure of the original - that is a win anyday;). I have put my money where my mouth is and ordered blue dial and rose gold green dial as well. These should arrive later today. Will post pics whenI get them

Reactions: grillbrill

Rman

Rep Hobbyist
Supporter
28/6/22
Toronto
Anyone order the yellow? It's a very horny color but not sure how accurate it is.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
It looks like your tourbillion wheel doesnt have the little edges? Looks completely plain?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I have looked at photos of original (lots) and the rep and honestly I cannot discern and significant difference. At the end of the day it's a rep at 0.5% price of the original and it gives me 95% pleasure of the original - that is a win anyday;). I have put my money where my mouth is and ordered blue dial and rose gold green dial as well. These should arrive later today. Will post pics whenI get them
Can you please indicate the closest grey shade to your rep dial in this pic:

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
When you simply cannot decide what colour you want
I already ordered the blue but kind of want the grey to.. are you able to post images of the grey one in different lightings please? Also some macro shots if your phone allows. Thanks

Reactions: drmario

vtxf

15/11/14
impossible to answer your question about the colour of the dial whether lighter than original or not. I doubt anyone has seen or will see the original in the flesh. the official photos are taken under lighting and so colour rendition may be different when see in natural light. there are some AP boutiques near me and surprise surprise they have no stock of anything except some models of Code :sick:. my wrist size is 21cm

vtxf

15/11/14
honestly I am spending so much time staring at these watches - not getting any work done . AP automatic tourbillion - not sure it gets better than this

vtxf

15/11/14
It looks like your tourbillion wheel doesnt have the little edges? Looks completely plain?
actually it does have the screws on the edge. you cannot see them as the watches are wound up and spinning so cannot see the screws on the edge. I raised this very question from my dealer and he told me to wait for the watch to stop and then I would be able to see the screws.

Reactions: krkqm2008

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Believe me that is insignificant K if you consider the fact that this is supposed to be a replica of a watch costing a couple of hundred of thousands. A small fraction of the general population can afford the gen and out of this, even a smaller percentage will actually acquire them.
If you consider the matter holistically you’ll see that most of the owners wearing this are the tells, as far as statistics go.

I’m sure such watches are cool and fun to wear as replicas but details like that should not be a concern if you’re not looking to passing it off as gen. And if you are, then usual rule will apply: only the gen will satisfy your criteria sir. It will be a fun watch for the few hundred of dollars it’s going for. Try to view and enjoy it for what it is.