• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated Royal Oak Tourbillon by R8 Factory are out

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I do not see the version with the automatic winding wheel on any TD website? I still see regular manual wind version.

Rman

Rep Hobbyist
Supporter
28/6/22
Toronto
I do not see the version with the automatic winding wheel on any TD website? I still see regular manual wind version.
It's not yet posted or advertised on any TD site. I've checked with a couple and they can get it. The wait time is 5 days from Factory to TD. Just ask your TD.

Reactions: watchlover1234!

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22

The 12 o’clock markers are slanted at the bottom :( a bit hard to ignore it

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada

The 12 o’clock markers are slanted at the bottom :( a bit hard to ignore it
Indeed. Although it's very hard to notice when scaled down to actual size (40mm across bezel) and viewed from arm's length.

Any chance you could post the rest of your QC pics for general interest / education seeing as you are the first member here to receive QC on this new model. As long as you're not asking for "general help" with QC, I believe posting QC pics (especially for new models) is allowed.

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
Indeed. Although it's very hard to notice when scaled down to actual size (40mm across bezel) and viewed from arm's length.

Any chance you could post the rest of your QC pics for general interest / education seeing as you are the first member here to receive QC on this new model. As long as you're not asking for "general help" with QC, I believe posting QC pics (especially for new models) is allowed.
Yea no worries the qc images link is https://imgur.com/a/cGi9rOd
It doesn’t look that thick and should be pretty wearable

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I would reject for the 12 o'clock. That is my personal opinion though.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
If I am not mistaken, the R8 version without the automatic winding has a misspelled word on the movement of "JEWESL". Can anyone post a picture of the new R8 with automatic movement of the back so we can see the writing.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
If I am not mistaken, the R8 version without the automatic winding has a misspelled word on the movement of "JEWESL". Can anyone post a picture of the new R8 with automatic movement of the back so we can see the writing.
There’s a spelling error on this version too. They spelled seven as “seveen”.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ah I see thank you. Such a shame about spelling errors. Not the biggest problem I suppose but strangely I can accept a slight thicker version or color variance but for me spelling errors are the worst.

vtxf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/14
Hi. Sorry for delay in getting back to you.self winding works perfectly. Accuracy is amazing. Typo on the back is there but not very big font so have to learn to live with it.size and photos will have to wait till tomorrow when the sun is out and I can find the micrometer