• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New C+ Factory Pepsi

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Will the VR3186 accommodate both 116710 & 126710 gen dials?
The VR3185/6 will not take a new generation dial (with underside rims and no feet) in the normal way. The newer dials are friction fit onto the movement's date indicator seating which has properly located protrusions to interlock between gaps in the dial underside rims.

Some modding can be done to allow for a fit. The rims can be grinded down and feet glued/soldered on or the dial can be glued onto the movement, etc. But these are not great options with a gen dial IMO.

jkmZh4.jpg

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Any words if the bezel rotation on this C+ is the same issues as with Clean bezel?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I reread all the posts in the thread again and I admit I missed some information. It seems the C+ bezel action is reported as well done, so I went and ordered the pepsi and batman 126710 C+. Will report back when received.

Also, I must admit that I am new to the Rolex rep, as I have primarily focused on AP, Patek, and VC. Seems this is a whole new world for the Rolex reps.

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
This is a VR3186 with 3285 engraving

It just has a fake deco plate free spring balance arm and jewel that does nothing and can be removed.

The real regulation arms are mostly hidden under the autowind bridge
Thank you for pointing that out and confirming that the rumours of c+ using a new 3285 movement are nothing but rumours.

I won't pretend to know anything about identifying such details. Thankful that you've always done the forum such service with your keen eyes.

Thanks bro!

Reactions: KJ2020

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
So this C+ is not a clone 3285?? Now I'm considering canceling my order for batman and pepsi. I sent an email to PureTime asking about the movement and bezel rotation.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
So this C+ is not a clone 3285?? Now I'm considering canceling my order for batman and pepsi. I sent an email to PureTime asking about the movement and bezel rotation.
Same as VR3186… only engraving is different maybe lucrication too. I have a C+ pepsi and its perfect.

Very stable movement

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
There are no clone 3285 movements out at the moment, maybe late fall. C+F just a redecorated 3185.

Reactions: Zimmi69

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I heard back from PureTime and they confirmed the C+ is still a 3186, and is just engraved to look as a 3285. @bombina thank you for confirmed as well.

Interesting that I asked PureTime to compare C+ and Clean and they felt Clean is a better overall quality and appearance. Would like to know anyone here opinion on these differences between C+ and Clean on these 126710.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you for pointing that out and confirming that the rumours of c+ using a new 3285 movement are nothing but rumours.

I won't pretend to know anything about identifying such details. Thankful that you've always done the forum such service with your keen eyes.

Thanks bro!
There may be a new true clone 3285 movement coming bro, it's the next logical step so gen 126x dials can be used. Just not out yet from pics we've seen.

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
I heard back from PureTime and they confirmed the C+ is still a 3186, and is just engraved to look as a 3285. @bombina thank you for confirmed as well.

Interesting that I asked PureTime to compare C+ and Clean and they felt Clean is a better overall quality and appearance. Would like to know anyone here opinion on these differences between C+ and Clean on these 126710.
I asked two TD when C+F came out for their thoughts vs Clean, and they both also recommended I stick with Clean factory as well.

Petiha

Looking Around
16/5/18
Ireland
I asked two TD when C+F came out for their thoughts vs Clean, and they both also recommended I stick with Clean factory as well.
Now, call me crazy, but could that be simply because they are easier to source/more readily available, hence making it easier for the TDs?

Reactions: StanM

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21

Probably because they have more profit margins selling Clean than C+.

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
Not sure regarding availability or profit margins for the TDs, just forwarding info on what two of them said? I currently have a Batman personally and very happy with it, with only reason to update being improved bezel action and new cloned movement.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
in some light conditions the rep rings are fine, the important thing is not to expose them to the sun ... better wear the pepsi rep only at night.

:)