• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New C+ Factory Pepsi

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
I'd like to add a contribution to this thread. I'm on the market for a GMT-2 and I also was unsure if to go with Clean or C+. In photos the rehaut of C+ looks better polished but I do not like the uncertainty about the caliber.

I've. asked two well known TDs and both suggest to stick to Clean. I understand that it might be because of better margins.. but I'm not 100% sure about it. It's in the realm of speculation at the moment.

Did any of you guys collected any additional info?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Vorrei aggiungere un contributo a questo thread. Sono sul mercato per un GMT-2 e anche io non ero sicuro se andare con Clean o C+. In foto il rehaut di C+ sembra più lucido ma non mi piace l'incertezza sul calibro.

Io ho. ha chiesto a due noti TD ed entrambi suggeriscono di attenersi al Clean. Capisco che potrebbe essere a causa di margini migliori .. ma non ne sono sicuro al 100%. È nel regno della speculazione al momento.

Qualcuno di voi ha raccolto informazioni aggiuntive?

Yes. Any rep insert is close to gen!

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
Yes. Any rep insert is close to gen!

why did my post is translated in italian? I'm italian! for a second i was confused, I thought I had wrote it in italian instead of english in the first place! :D anyhow... is the clean in photo a V1? I'm still seeing the gasket or am I wrong?

Gabriele75rn

16/8/20
I ordered a c+f pepsi today. I saw a review of a member of the batman, he said that comparing to his clean factory is better. I'll send you photos when it will be in my hands🤗

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
I ordered a c+f pepsi today. I saw a review of a member of the batman, he said that comparing to his clean factory is better. I'll send you photos when it will be in my hands🤗
can you give me the link to the review?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
736D case is the same one CF uses so it's probably the same dial, hands, insert and bracelet. Unless the bezel operation is better I don't see much difference. The cyclops on this one looks weird - might look a little different in a real still photo than a video screen grab but yikes.

zrFLI1.jpg

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
why did my post is translated in italian? I'm italian! for a second i was confused, I thought I had wrote it in italian instead of english in the first place! :D anyhow... is the clean in photo a V1? I'm still seeing the gasket or am I wrong?
Yes bro used translate:)))))))
Yes clean is V1

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
I've ordered the clean v2 from puretime. I'm waiting fro QC. I have to concern: 1) bezel action. Was it improved on v2 enough? I've read the forum up and down and yet I can't find a clear answer. it sound like no body is truly happy about it, more of a "meh, it's better than v1" than "finally! I'm happy about it!" Am I wrong?

Lor2016

Horology Curious
20/8/19
Has anyone got any reviews or info on the APSF Pepsi? Can't seem to find much info but it's on special at the moment and is priced really well. Seems that it has Clean bezel and Arf bracelet. VR3525 movement.

Gabriele75rn

16/8/20
736D case is the same one CF uses so it's probably the same dial, hands, insert and bracelet. Unless the bezel operation is better I don't see much difference. The cyclops on this one looks weird - might look a little different in a real still photo than a video screen grab but yikes.

zrFLI1.jpg
I'm also noticing that the rehaut looks more gen like, less "conical" than on my batman clean factory

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
I'm also noticing that the rehaut looks more gen like, less "conical" than on my batman clean factory
Just spoke with a 4th TD from the list. Very responsive and nice guy. Anywho... he said that he also suggest clean. But he added that maybe C+ crystal is a little better, maybe, but overall CF take the lead on the GMT-2. As of now, everything is still up in the air. I ordered CF. But asked for QC of both. I will decide last minute. I've already ordered the click spring for the bezel anyway hence, unless the crystal is an order of magnitude better I will go for the well covered and discussed CF V2.

redditdave

Horology Curious
29/8/22
California, United States
I'm just hoping that the new GMT movement comes in both large and small datewheel sizes, so we can get an Explorer II with a CHS and reliable movement.
CHS = Correct Hand Stack, right? i'm just SO amazed that something as simple as the ordering of the hand stack sizes is such a prevalent issue that it has its own acronym for it.

is there anything else to CHS that i'm missing? or is it a simple matter of the order in which the stacks are placed?

Reactions: Jokkefar

redditdave

Horology Curious
29/8/22
California, United States
Same as VR3186… only engraving is different maybe lucrication too. I have a C+ pepsi and its perfect.

Very stable movement
how did you assess the 'stable movement'? how long have you had it for? have you done some sort of rigorous testing to deem it a stable movement? or are you just saying it doesn't have any issues (which isn't saying much)?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
CHS = Correct Hand Stack, right? i'm just SO amazed that something as simple as the ordering of the hand stack sizes is such a prevalent issue that it has its own acronym for it.

is there anything else to CHS that i'm missing? or is it a simple matter of the order in which the stacks are placed?
There's a great thread by @KJ2020 which I can't find for some reason that goes into great detail on which GMT movements have the CHS and ICHS for 5-digit and 6-digit rolex GMT references. Perhaps your google-fu is better than mine, or perhaps KJ will be kind and post a link here.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
how did you assess the 'stable movement'? how long have you had it for? have you done some sort of rigorous testing to deem it a stable movement? or are you just saying it doesn't have any issues (which isn't saying much)?
I have CF gmt black VR3186. HAD long time and the movement IS stable, noone is complaing. You can always be unlucky