• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New C+ Factory Pepsi

chrisomatic

22/6/15
A few people saying that? I don't see the difference? White gasket? Blue tint behind cyclops is present on c+f?

Why do you say that?
Its your personal preference. I dont like Cleans v2 Xtal, it lacks AR coating compared to gen. Still its an improvement to v1.

It bothers me, so this is something I would exchange.

If C+ uses Deep Xtals thats a great improvment since its closer to Gen Xtal.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Here we go.

CLEAN > GMF V6 > C+F

Same insert - you decide.

Minor I now but the C+F second hand appears a little to long compared to the others and gen (pic above).
Clean's insert font looks a bit thinner, otherwise pretty similar. Colors are off compared to MK3, the blue is darker on gen but the red is not that bad. There are several variants in gen, so I do not think it is an absolute deal breaker.

I will say that I had a CF Pepsi about a year ago (so v1) and have gen now, I still think the Clean was decent enough as a rep once you change the crystal, so assuming v2 is better you can't go wrong with Clean or C+ if you really want a pepsi. Minor bezel color differences should not make you pass, or you can always go with a BLNR that looks much better.

Plenitude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
Here my pics comparison of Clean and C+ pepsi.
the movement is different and I honestly don't know which one is that of the C +. also the height of the crystal is different and I think it is because of the gasket.

Reactions: Therion666

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I was just chatting with a WeChat dealer who claimed that there was a new 3285 rep movement that’s being built by the Shanghai factory, and that C+ will be the first to use it. He also said that right now C+ is just using a vr3186 and engraving it differently.

Obviously, file under: rumor and hearsay. But I’d be excited to see a true 32xx style gmt movement. Assuming it doesn’t have a broken hour jumping function like the time bomb SH/SA gmt 31xx movement.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
I was just chatting with a WeChat dealer who claimed that there was a new 3285 rep movement that’s being built by the Shanghai factory, and that C+ will be the first to use it. He also said that right now C+ is just using a vr3186 and engraving it differently.

Obviously, file under: rumor and hearsay. But I’d be excited to see a true 32xx style gmt movement. Assuming it doesn’t have a broken hour jumping function like the time bomb SH/SA gmt 31xx movement.
Well I've survived this long without a GMT, might as well wait it out and see if anything comes out of this

letchmi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22

That seems to be the general consensus among dealers in China so likely there is some truth to it. The only timeline I've heard was one dealer saying it would likely be out in the next 2-3 months so fingers crossed it's stable and reliable :)

Plenitude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
You can see the c+ movement not has only different engraving

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
What are the main differences between 3186 and 3285? Sorry for noob question but I’m not in movements so much…

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
It's the same with 3135 vs 3235. The 3186 is based on the 3130 movement design, 3285 is based on 3230. So it's the newer movement design and the biggest difference is 70hrs power reserve and (imo unfortunately) ball bearing rotor (42hrs and jewel bearing on 31xx).

Reactions: Ecender

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
It's the same with 3135 vs 3235. The 3186 is based on the 3130 movement design, 3285 is based on 3230. So it's the newer movement design and the biggest difference is 70hrs power reserve and (imo unfortunately) ball bearing rotor (42hrs and jewel bearing on 31xx).
So it’s just different with power reserve? Or also other mechanic for GMT Function?

Don’t know if it is so much difference for 3186 vs 3285 when they are both Chinese copies. Maybe the bearings are also different from gen in both versions

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I'm just hoping that the new GMT movement comes in both large and small datewheel sizes, so we can get an Explorer II with a CHS and reliable movement.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
So it’s just different with power reserve? Or also other mechanic for GMT Function?

Don’t know if it is so much difference for 3186 vs 3285 when they are both Chinese copies. Maybe the bearings are also different from gen in both versions
There are some more differences, just explained the most relevant pro (power reserve) and con (ball bearing louder)

As for the GMT module, i don't know how it looks in the 3285, haven't seen one and there's nothing to find about it in the internet. The technical information from Rolex are also not available for the newer 32xx movements. But I wouldn't worry about it and just trust in Rolex, it will be a good solution for sure :)

and if a true clone comes from Dandong factory then this is very good news, their movements are the best so far. so let's hope it's true

saeedr

Known Member
7/5/12
It's a lot like the ROF insert, which I like better than CLEAN also. In fact I'm swapping my ROF insert into my CF soon. ROF was said to be linked to VRF, like a partner or such. My ROF is getting turned into a Batman, since it has less of a bezel lip.

16175554940061.jpg
What factory ?

Reactions: paolobriatico

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

This is a VR3186 with 3285 engraving

It just has a fake deco plate free spring balance arm and jewel that does nothing and can be removed.

The real regulation arms are mostly hidden under the autowind bridge

zyQXfv.jpg

GMF is making models with both this same VR3186 and their own proprietary SA3285, which is not a good movement and should be avoided. You should read more about it and be careful if buying a GMF as they have a history of not delivering the movement that was asked for. IMO they are under contract to buy (or have bought) the SA3285s and are trying to push them as much as possible, probably offering incentives to dealers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plenitude

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BTW the range of available adjustment on the VR3186 regulator arms is significantly less than what it was on the VR3185 where the arms are on the open side of the balance.

zyQJOn.jpg

On the one above you can see the beat corrector arm is at its limit in one direction so it can become much more challenging to regulate the balance.

I'll take a good old VR3185 every time. They are also cheaper since everyone wants the newest fad. The only reason a new GMT movement is needed is for the date indicator seating(s) that will accommodate 126x and 226x dials - 40 and 42mm ones.

jpI4WP.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dogwood and Ecender