• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CLEAN Factory 124060 No Date Submariner New Release

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I definitely prefer jtime’s QC pics over trusty’s.

I always end up having to ask for high definition pics on top of what jtime send me, you could easily miss a flaw on their standard pics.

They are very friendly and provide great customer service though.

Bkhwkn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/21
I just got my 124060 and I must say it is awesome. Pretty good enough for me right now.

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
What’s the Crystal like, have they sorted the white edge problem?

Yea, white edge prob I think was mainly the first batch.

cb48db8a172a9dc599a00ee9ea201b31.jpg

Alex22

12/2/18
in another thread i read that the bracelets of the CF do not have the "bearings". What is it about? I would like to get the 124060 version, I think it is better to always avoid the date, and this CF seems to me very close to being 1: 1. What are the small "imperfections"?

Bkhwkn

5/12/21
in another thread i read that the bracelets of the CF do not have the "bearings". What is it about? I would like to get the 124060 version, I think it is better to always avoid the date, and this CF seems to me very close to being 1: 1. What are the small "imperfections"?

Not sure about others but after time I realised there are some really minor misalignments like the etched crown and rehauts. While resizing the bracelet, some links are ultra tight prob due to the tolerances. Lume is good and overall it’s really a good piece. I heard there was a weight difference from gen but wasn’t able to verify yet. Hope this helps mate.

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Guys i just got the gen and i have the clean.
Following my impressions about the difference that i have noticed.
I have checked for the most the case but i'll compare also the bracelet when i'll have time.
I'm talking about flaws noticeable with naked eye at 20/30 cm distance.
- rehaut = Gen has a brighter surface than clean. It's the first flaw that i have noticed.
- hands = Gen has a warmer color than clean because they are made off white gold.
- crown guards = There is not too much difference but the gen one has a perfect shape.
- sels = Gen has perfect slightly recessed and tigh sels. Clean sels are good but they are not so perfect.
Operating differences:
- bezel click = Gen has a different sound and the rotation is more thwarted than Clean.
- crown = When you screw/unscrew, wind, set the time you feel the precision that you expect from a Rolex. My Clean has a really good crown action but you can't compare it to the Gen feeling.
That's all i have noticed after 5 minutes of play with my new baby.
I can say that you can wear your Clean thoughtless because it's near to impossible to spot as rep when you wrist it.
Only a gen owner who knows this rep world could notice those differences.
Relax and enjoy this beauty.

Bkhwkn

5/12/21
I have checked for the most the case but i'll compare also the bracelet when i'll have time.
- rehaut = Gen has a brighter surface than clean. It's the first flaw that i have noticed.
- hands = Gen has a warmer color than clean because they are made off white gold.
- crown guards = There is not too much difference but the gen one has a perfect shape.
- sels = Gen has perfect slightly recessed and tigh sels. Clean sels are good but they are not so perfect.
Operating differences:
- bezel click = Gen has a different sound and the rotation is more thwarted than Clean.
- crown = When you screw/unscrew, wind, set the time you feel the precision that you expect from a Rolex. My Clean has a really good crown action but you can't compare it to the Gen feeling.
I can say that you can wear your Clean thoughtless because it's near to impossible to spot as rep when you wrist it.

How about the weight feeling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: flashu

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
- hands = Gen has a warmer color than clean because they are made off white gold

Thank you for sharing, please side by side photos when / if you have the time, I think these two are the most visible for a guy who knows where to look x especially the rehaut

Alex22

12/2/18
Operating differences:

a photographic comparison ;)

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Gen 152g
Clean 149g
Both adjusted for my wrist so exactly same number of links.
I'd say there is no difference.

This is my CF with gen 3230 movement weighing in at 152.6g.