• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory Vacheron Constantine Fiftysix Complete Calendar

bavarex

Omega collector/watchmaking
3/4/21
EU / CAN
Just got mine in blue. Damn, that watch by ZF is well made. Had the Gen in my hands some weeks ago at an AD. Gen feels about the same on the wrist, but is in comparison to the Miyota movement completely silent. All in all its a very good Release from ZF for this beautiful high end watch. But I recommend the swap the strap of course to something equivalent, like gator. Makes the watch feel even more exclusive... ;)

Reactions: SuperBatman

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Pulled the trigger on the SS date-only 4600e with silver dial. What do you guys think about strap colors? Black, brown, blue or others. Thinking about buying this one

d008a9e1c1edbb302dcd5bd9c45499ef.jpg

Reactions: Seamusflood

cagado12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/12
Hi guys! i feel the second aditional button on the side is a Big tell, and the lack of the pusher button on the Lug at 6 o clock too, what do you guys feel?, comments much appreciated.

shirazir

Horology Curious
16/11/16
Hi guys! i feel the second aditional button on the side is a Big tell, and the lack of the pusher button on the Lug at 6 o clock too, what do you guys feel?, comments much appreciated.

It's a tell, but to who? 99.99% of people have never heard of the brand, and among them, very few would've ever seen or even noticed that detail on the gen.

The watch is stunning, buy it and enjoy it.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
It's a tell, but to who? 99.99% of people have never heard of the brand, and among them, very few would've ever seen or even noticed that detail on the gen.

The watch is stunning, buy it and enjoy it.

This. You wouldn't wear the rep into a Vacheron Constantin dealer, otherwise no one is ever going to know. Even someone with a gen one of these might just suspect they changed the placement of the pusher in a minor revision update. Not exactly unheard of!

Reactions: SuperBatman

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
43203b33f7279b945533b7fae0826ec1.jpg

Got my qc. An amplitude of 235, this is low. Not sure what to do, advice is welcome

I would ask them to re-test after making double sure it's fully wound. 230 isn't a nightmare in a rep movement where lubrication and assembly is unlikely to follow the manufacturer specifications.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Thank you [mention]pistebasher [/mention] ! What does this amplitude mean in terms if (mainspring) use?

The amplitude tells you how much rotation is in one full swing of the balance wheel. A low amplitude may indicate problems that need to be fixed, like obstruction due to Chinese pubes, poor lubrication etc. But anything above 250 degrees can still be considered healthy amplitude. The general consensus for the maximum amplitude of a Japanese movement (like Miyota and Seiko) is in the range of 270-315 degrees, while an amplitude above 230 is considered acceptable. If the rest of the QC checks out I would take it. All of these things will need a service eventually.

Reactions: RedBearrd

shirazir

Horology Curious
16/11/16
Received mine just a few days ago, and I have to say that:
  1. It's absolutely stunning! There's very few "dress watches" that I'd wear daily, but this is one of them. There's something so versatile about this watch; more so than the equivalent Patek models (5396 for example is far more difficult to dress down).
  2. This is one of those reps that reminds you of just how good the value proposition of reps really is. I've paid more for three-hand Seikos than I did for the VC, and the disparity in quality is not unnoticeable. It also highlights the absurdity of paying mid-5 figures for the gen (while I recognize VC's finishing and attention to detail is world class, the law of diminishing returns sets in pretty hard).
  3. The strap is utter garbage. It's a disservice to this watch to wear it on the factory strap; a replacement dark gray croc from ZicZacs has been ordered.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Received mine just a few days ago, and I have to say that:
  1. It's absolutely stunning! There's very few "dress watches" that I'd wear daily, but this is one of them. There's something so versatile about this watch; more so than the equivalent Patek models (5396 for example is far more difficult to dress down).
  2. This is one of those reps that reminds you of just how good the value proposition of reps really is. I've paid more for three-hand Seikos than I did for the VC, and the disparity in quality is not unnoticeable. It also highlights the absurdity of paying mid-5 figures for the gen (while I recognize VC's finishing and attention to detail is world class, the law of diminishing returns sets in pretty hard).
  3. The strap is utter garbage. It's a disservice to this watch to wear it on the factory strap; a replacement dark gray croc from ZicZacs has been ordered.
Looks gorgeous

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
hi there guys I have the gen model of the complete calender silver dial, is there anyone in the UK with the ZF Rep? Im thinking of doing a gen vs ZF comparison so hit me up if ur keen to help!

Reactions: SKnight