• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF released a GMT 3186 clone movement

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
Ok well I got the QCs in. On first glance this is what I noticed:
- blue doesn't go into the 8 enough on the bezel
- date window appears to be slightly off but tough to tell from the angle

I have asked the TD for more QCs in better light. He also told me he thinks that blue transition is the best he may be able to do. Obviously I saw some other posters in this thread have a better transition so I know its a crapshoot, and its better than having it high into the 8. Curious as to what your thoughts are. I probably could live with the low 8 transition if need be

iotrap

19/3/14

I have asked the TD for more QCs in better light. He also told me he thinks that blue transition is the best he may be able to do. Obviously I saw some other posters in this thread have a better transition so I know its a crapshoot, and its better than having it high into the 8. Curious as to what your thoughts are. I probably could live with the low 8 transition if need be

What TD is this? The lighting in those photos is poor. Hard to tell any details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

The blue doesn’t even touch the 8, let alone go “into it”. This should be rejected. And I too, am curious what TD this is.... the photos are horrific and the watch is trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
Got it. Yea I agree. This is Marvellous. Normally he’s great but I agree the QCs are a joke. Odd move on his part

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
PRHIs.jpg

The insert looks like it's from the old batch, not a new V3 insert. Some TDs have more tolerance for rejections than others. Top right lug gap is excessive.

You're DW is OK, see post below

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Last edited:

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
Is that a gen hand? Paint edge is pretty ragged. I've seen others like that. There was a video showing this same thing on a gen. Rolex's standards are questionable sometimes.

I wouldn't worry too much about replacing hands right away. Gen hands cost almost as much as the rep watch. You won't see that on your wrist. It's a macro shot thing, like many rep flaws. Keep an eye out for an ARF set of hands M2M. Aside from the GMT hand, it would be a nice upgrade.

PX1fY.jpg

My friend I found some ARF hands! ok so are the hands a straight swap into a VR3186 without resizing? I won't put it on the standard SA3186 it comes with, but I will upgrade the movement to the VR and put the hour minutes and seconds hand into the VR movement all in one go. I'm not worried about lume difference. I hope its not huge.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My friend I found some ARF hands! ok so are the hands a straight swap into a VR3186 without resizing? I won't put it on the standard SA3186 it comes with, but I will upgrade the movement to the VR and put the hour minutes and seconds hand into the VR movement all in one go. I'm not worried about lume difference. I hope its not huge.

Hands holes are the same size, yes

Last edited:

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Got it. Yea I agree. This is Marvellous. Normally he’s great but I agree the QCs are a joke. Odd move on his part

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Can you check with your Dealer is the watch from GMF? It have a VR3186(3185) in it...

Reactions: KJ2020

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Can you check with your Dealer is the watch from GMF? It have a VR3186(3185) in it...

The GMF V3 does not come with a VR3185. It has another clone movement in it, if you look back a bit earlier in this thread KJ2020 specifies exactly whats in it, and compares it to the other clone GMT movements. IIRC, it was pretty much the least favored option of the 3 current ones, but it's not necessarily a "bad" movement.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok well I got the QCs in.
PNVQF.jpg

Well this is interesting. The movement on that watch is a VR3185, no question about it. The VR3185 is the only one with the gold colored balance staff shock absorber.

Th21Q.jpg

So that means one of 3 things:

1. GMF is now using the VR3185 instead of the SA3186 (unlikely IMO).

2. The watch is a VRF v1. The current VRF v2 insert has the blue 18 transition ridiculously high in the 8, so that's out. The VRF v1 insert was closer to this, though the 1 fonts were different (unlikely IMO).

3. The watch is the newly released V9F which also comes with the VR3185, and has insert 1 fonts like the GMF and like your QC pics (likely IMO).

TKM3c.jpg

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...atman-released

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ts-pics-inside

Ask Marv to take a pic of the clasp code, that will ID the factory. If it is the V9F, I would take it. The insert is acceptable and the VR3185 movement is a huge plus.

VR>SH>SA

Last edited:

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
So now we've got

ARF
VRF
GMF
V9F

All with some form of cloned movement.

Still waiting for Noob to do a clone movement....... ..... The bezel insert on their Pepsis is way better than the rest IMO. Come on, Noob - catch up!

Reactions: Dissemination

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
Well this is interesting. The movement on that watch is a VR3185, no question about it. The VR3185 is the only one with the gold colored balance staff shock absorber.

Th21Q.jpg

2. The watch is a VRF v1. The current VRF v2 insert has the blue 18 transition ridiculously high in the 8, so that's out. The VRF v1 insert was closer to this, though the 1 fonts were different (unlikely IMO).

3. The watch is the newly released V9F which also comes with the VR3185, and has insert 1 fonts like the GMF and like your QC pics (likely IMO).

TKM3c.jpg

Ask Marv to take a pic of the clasp code, that will ID the factory. If it is the V9F, I would take it. The insert is acceptable and the VR3185 movement is a huge plus.

VR>SH>SA

Well I already cancelled it. I want to wait to figure this all out. The black line between the 8 and the blue was just too glaring to me, transition never made it into the 8. I’m not in a rush to get a Batman so I’d rather wait until a few more kinks are worked out, ie more people get the v9f, or all the GMFs being received have the proper insert. I changed my order to a hulk

Sent from the RWI App

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

Those are terrible QC pics. It almost looks like they're intentionally trying to make the watch look bad.

And with the transition, it's not that I don't think you dealer, whomever he is, can't do better. I think it's just more accurate to say that it's a 50/50 shot that it may be worse and he might be trying to avoid future rejections.

I don't think that transition poi t is terrible and on the wrist, I don't think it will be noticible at all. However, If that was the watch I got, I'd catch and release it myself.

I was very reluctant to get the batman in the first place. It was an impulse and I got lucky and I am glad I did but if I was here, right now and didn't have one I loved, I would not get one.

And thank God for Li. I would have accepted my first QC and sold it already if he (or Lana) say "no. Don't accept. We can do better".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sickopsycho

Hazing

9/5/19
KJ2020 I meant to post this the other day but I completely forgot.

I posted the largest size. My bad, I know you've been eager to see and check them out.
4e4c3f25ea004c254613a6e0df7595ff.jpg
90da95af060ecbba657f4559ed39c2bd.jpg
8f878aa4c537fb9ed2fbc42aac5ae1dc.jpg
4e1352c32dce11808325253c8c4164fe.jpg

Hazing

9/5/19

They do not look the same - do they? So what's that mean? These QCs aren't of a GMF or aren't a GMF V3?
bd121d273c0175efcf2374f25fac8067.jpg
b5a4b6cd625eb65a7ecc7cab4f17acff.jpg
ebdd8657d6db4eb806f540e1f9bfd1b4.jpg
a668fe1b1cde3e0eb04ef0f8d048ee29.jpg

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
Those are terrible QC pics. It almost looks like they're intentionally trying to make the watch look bad.

And with the transition, it's not that I don't think you dealer, whomever he is, can't do better. I think it's just more accurate to say that it's a 50/50 shot that it may be worse and he might be trying to avoid future rejections.

I don't think that transition poi t is terrible and on the wrist, I don't think it will be noticible at all. However, If that was the watch I got, I'd catch and release it myself.

I was very reluctant to get the batman in the first place. It was an impulse and I got lucky and I am glad I did but if I was here, right now and didn't have one I loved, I would not get one.

And thank God for Li. I would have accepted my first QC and sold it already if he (or Lana) say "no. Don't accept. We can do better".

I agree with everything you said. Will be holding off for a bit, hoping the kinks get worked out, and then I’ll be using Li for either the v9 or GMF v3 in a few months

Sent from the RWI App

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20

Th21Q.jpg

TKM3c.jpg

VR>SH>SA

What is the code I would be looking for? Or what is the v9 code and what is GMF code

Sent from the RWI App