• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF New 116610LN Submariner 3135 V2 Releasing!

marps1337

Horology Curious
23/5/20
Estonia
0a09a9e062a98132a6ec9ce615455700.jpg
b16b98ac97ffa7e3aa6d203af5d13ad9.jpg
efa3d1c7c26dabe3777b2dd683b43c57.jpg

So, finally recieved the ZZF v2. It's an upgrade from my Noob v7. Not an extreme upgrade (like some people might say) but an upgrade for sure.

My TD and some other members say that the dimple/indentation is the same size on every piece. That is not accurate. Mine was to my surprise very discrete (hardly visible), maybe the same as Xxx?

I took two pics with a reflection in the middle of the dial, sort of a worst case scenario for the dimple and I tried for a long time. But this is as "bad" as it get's (if you even care about the dimple that is...)

Two sides of the sels are not as good recessed as the other two but you can't get everything perfect I guess (plus I really don't care that much about SELs).

Bracelet and clasp are good (better than noob v7) but quite far from my gen (116613LB) when it comes to feeling. The finnish however is great!

A gen movement feels like it's been lubricated with butter (as we know) while mine A3135 feels like it's being lubed with sand and dust. Noticable wors than A2836 on my Noob. But as long as it keeps time and works, I don't really care.

DW and cyclops are not perfect but VERY GOOD!!

The markers on the bezel easily gets dirty. I touched it a few times with my (normally clean) fingertips and noticed a a darker (more dull) color. But warm water, soap and a soft toothbrushed takes the smudge away within a few seconds.

If noob v7 is a 7,5/10 I would say this is a 9/10. The slightly loose feeling of the bracelet/clasp, hard stiffness when rotating the bezel and unsmooth movement-winding makes me not give it a 10. The rest of the flaws are for me microscopic and you wouldn't notice it with your bare eyes.

But how often do you let other people hold and wind you watch? Not that often i figure... so I might give it a 9,9/10 if you plan not to let other gen-owners touch it:)

Jesus.. that looks gorgeous. Thanks for the review as well giving it a 9/10, makes the feeling of buying and considering many reps to this one. Can't wait to get mine too.. in a couple of months!:)

Reactions: Akilles

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Jesus.. that looks gorgeous. Thanks for the review as well giving it a 9/10, makes the feeling of buying and considering many reps to this one. Can't wait to get mine too.. in a couple of months!:)

Thanks! Just make sure to lube the bracelet. It givs it a much better feeling.

Personally think vaseline givs it a good gen feeling (smooth but at the same time steady). Just wipe it off all left-over when you're done.

The mayority here uses warm baby oil bath which also makes the bracelet smooth.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: marps1337

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19

Personally think vaseline givs it a good gen feeling (smooth but at the same time steady). Just wipe it off all left-over when you're done.

Nah. Save the vaseline for the guy above who bought the shitty rep LOL

Reactions: Pietros

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Lol! I can tell you, once you go vaseline you never go back ;-)

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I thought once you go vaseline you go back.
Joke aside. I know I'm not gonna win this "battle" here but ever since i tried vaseline (against theoretical issues it might bring) I found it to be the best.

I have a normal lifestyle and it have not attracted any dirt to the bracelet at all and it feels both steady and smooth just like my gen 116613lb. I have nothing against baby oil bath since it makes it smooth but doesn't really gives it the "steady" feeling that vaseline gives.

Now you are all free to hit me, but gotta warn ya, I'm immune:)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Joke aside. I know I'm not gonna win this "battle" here but ever since i tried vaseline (against theoretical issues it might bring) I found it to be the best.

I have a normal lifestyle and it have not attracted any dirt to the bracelet at all and it feels both steady and smooth just like my gen 116613lb. I have nothing against baby oil bath since it makes it smooth but doesn't really gives it the "steady" feeling that vaseline gives.

Now you are all free to hit me, but gotta warn ya, I'm immune:)

Did you took the bracelet off for that and how do you exactly do it with vaseline?

And will it survive swimming?

brokeAF

22/5/20
So. Cal
i guess i really need a lot more rwi time because i dont see what you guys are seeing ????????‍♂️

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Did you took the bracelet off for that and how do you exactly do it with vaseline?

And will it survive swimming?

Yes, take it off first. Rub a small amount in all the moving parts marked green. Bend/move the links up and down a few times so it penetrates well. Then wipe off all left-overs with a dry cloth... done!

Vaseline does not dissolve in water so yes, it will survive swimming.

93f38f81f443ea6a90a862604e0a701e.jpg

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Yes, take it off first. Rub a small amount in all the moving parts marked green. Bend/move the links up and down a few times so it penetrates well. Then wipe off all left-overs with a dry cloth... done!

Vaseline does not dissolve in water so yes, it will survive swimming.

93f38f81f443ea6a90a862604e0a701e.jpg

Thanks, gonna give it a try. Can be done without removing the bracelet also seems easily.

Reactions: Akilles

Mido691

26/10/14
Hi, can some body tell me what call the new ZZF and Noob , i read it is the ZZF V2 / V2s and the newest NOOB is v10. Is the NOOB v10 the newest SUB

Can some body advice me which is better and why ? because i know the NOOB make the best repl and not the ZZF!

msc1967

Known Member
3/8/13
Thanks, gonna give it a try. Can be done without removing the bracelet also seems easily.

As these parts work like a bearing, I (mechanical engineer) recommend an oil which creaps into the openings and stays there. WD40, grease or equal would be best, but smells like a gearbox. Personally I use linseed oil. If gives a dampened sound and reduces the cheap metal sound. Babyoil normally has no benefit on metal surfaces. The oil, that is used for mechanical/electrical shavers is fine as well. After bathing or oiling the bracelet, swing it from side to side , that the gliding surfaces “grind off “

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Kalev007

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
...WD40, grease or equal would be best, but smells like a gearbox. Personally I use linseed oil...

I think that kind of oil will work as well however it has not at all as high viscosity as vaseline (petroleum) does which brings out the steady/firm/solid feeling in the bracelet when done.

Last edited:

Maherb

13/11/19

Looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I found a quick fix for ZZF v2 lugs if the endlink sits to high up (not recessed enough).

I changed the springbar on the lugs to a slightly thinner one (used from my old ARF 116613LB) on the 12-o'clock side.

As you can see the lugs are now better and closer to gen.

My ARF had too recessed lugs and they now sit a bit higher up when using the ZZF springbars instead so I got an extra bonus:)

Just thought I would share..

1459c4cf4f8f4b4c7566000ec5b4a442.jpg

5f97faa2b4b819fb233bc5d94d674415.jpg

63d41798520938130580b0d8106c5ff2.jpg

Last edited: