• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF New 116610LN Submariner 3135 V2 Releasing!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Thank you for your answer!
Yours indeed looks very gen-like and not as dull as my old one.

Perhaps yours was just dirty?

If you look back a page you can see my comparison of the date - uncleaned after a one month wear and after quick cleaning done with a toothbrush. Its a night and day and I though its fading but it was just dirty.

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
I have the no date V2 (one with lower case stamp in clasp) and the bezel is pure shite.

wonkycrown

26/3/19
Whats wrong with it that doesn't say anything? Pic?

47GcI.jpg

The bezel markings are grey looking and never seem to look white enough. Also the centre of the dial looks like it was shot with a pellet gun before it was assembled.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
47GcI.jpg

The bezel markings are grey looking and never seem to look white enough. Also the centre of the dial looks like it was shot with a pellet gun before it was assembled.

The bezel markings looks pretty good in my eyes and so does the dimple. The second hand makes it look like i giant circle in the middle but that's just the camera setting (long shutter speed I guess). Very nice photo by the way!

Reactions: wonkycrown

wonkycrown

26/3/19
The bezel markings looks pretty good in my eyes and so does the dimple. The second hand makes it look like i giant circle in the middle but that's just the camera setting (long shutter speed I guess). Very nice photo by the way!

Ignore the second hand blur. The dimple extends out from the centre and stops just under the 'oyster perpetual'. If you look close you can see the darkened area.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Ignore the second hand blur. The dimple extends out from the centre and stops just under the 'oyster perpetual'. If you look close you can see the darkened area.

Try cleaning your insert with warm water, soap and a toothbrush. It seems top right side is darker and dirty. Mine was the same on top right side and cleaning it brought it back to life again.

Manager

R O L E X
6/5/17
Germany
Read the last few pages and what helped me is to actually clean the bezel with soap, warm water and a toothbrush. And now the bezel insert is definitely brighter. Seems like the markings are dust and dirt collectors especially if you wear the watch daily like I do.

And seeing that even gens have that dimple make me appreciate my ZZF even more, it's not a bug, it's a feature!

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North

I can see it. I'm not saying I love it but the rest of the watch makes up to it imo. If it bothers you that much. Why not get a Noob dial from your TD and get it installed?

Last edited:

wonkycrown

26/3/19
Try cleaning your insert with warm water, soap and a toothbrush. It seems top right side is darker and dirty. Mine was the same on top right side and cleaning it brought it back to life again.

But the watch is only 3 days old! The bezel is clean.

jk1846

25/12/19
Question: is there anyone with a ZZF that doesn’t suffer from dull bezel in low light? Mine was very dull too. I would like to understand if it’s a problem common to everybody or just a batch issue. Thanks.

Mine is the same way it looks terrible in low light, from what I read it’s the same on all of them, I would change mine out and if anyone out there can point me in the right direction of where and what to buy I would greatly appreciate it. The dull looking bezel and the tinker toy clasp are the two things I don’t like about my sub but I have said before and it still hold s true I wear my submariner everyday and keep my favorite my Yacht Master in the watch winder and my submariner takes a beaten some days me and my two children just got back from the lake after tubing just about all day and I dove in the water 3 or 4 times to cool off and my watch was right there with me, mine is definitely a tough one for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonkycrown

26/3/19
I'd like to see ZZF rep an old 5 digit sub. Alu bezel would be easy and use 316 and not the soft 904. The old subs have better aesthetics too. I see arf has just released one but that date wheel looks terrible

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18

Here it is on wrist. Main point of concern was top right SEL gap. It was prominent in QC pics, But on wrist is hardly noticeable unless looking for it. Overall, very happy with the product.

Your pics show a good lower polished edge that I haven’t seen on ZZF pics. And teeth look better. On your pictures that is..

How’s your dial hole? Cannot see the typical ZZF Dial Crater

Last edited:

Xxx

Horology Curious
20/7/18
Your pics show a good lower polished edge that I haven’t seen on ZZF pics. And teeth look better. On your pictures that is..

How’s your dial hole? Cannot see the typical ZZF Dial Crater

To be honest there is a subtle crater. Not as evident as other pics posted. I'll try and get some shots over the coming days.

It's that hard to see that it is an absolute non-issue for me.

Reactions: d3s19n

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
0a09a9e062a98132a6ec9ce615455700.jpg
b16b98ac97ffa7e3aa6d203af5d13ad9.jpg
efa3d1c7c26dabe3777b2dd683b43c57.jpg

So, finally recieved the ZZF v2. It's an upgrade from my Noob v7. Not an extreme upgrade (like some people might say) but an upgrade for sure.

My TD and some other members say that the dimple/indentation is the same size on every piece. That is not accurate. Mine was to my surprise very discrete (hardly visible), maybe the same as Xxx?

I took two pics with a reflection in the middle of the dial, sort of a worst case scenario for the dimple and I tried for a long time. But this is as "bad" as it get's (if you even care about the dimple that is...)

Two sides of the sels are not as good recessed as the other two but you can't get everything perfect I guess (plus I really don't care that much about SELs).

Bracelet and clasp are good (better than noob v7) but quite far from my gen (116613LB) when it comes to feeling. The finnish however is great!

A gen movement feels like it's been lubricated with butter (as we know) while mine A3135 feels like it's being lubed with sand and dust. Noticable wors than A2836 on my Noob. But as long as it keeps time and works, I don't really care.

DW and cyclops are not perfect but VERY GOOD!!

The markers on the bezel easily gets dirty. I touched it a few times with my (normally clean) fingertips and noticed a a darker (more dull) color. But warm water, soap and a soft toothbrushed takes the smudge away within a few seconds.

If noob v7 is a 7,5/10 I would say this is a 9/10. The slightly loose feeling of the bracelet/clasp, hard stiffness when rotating the bezel and unsmooth movement-winding makes me not give it a 10. The rest of the flaws are for me microscopic and you wouldn't notice it with your bare eyes.

But how often do you let other people hold and wind you watch? Not that often i figure... so I might give it a 9,9/10 if you plan not to let other gen-owners touch it:)

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
0a09a9e062a98132a6ec9ce615455700.jpg
b16b98ac97ffa7e3aa6d203af5d13ad9.jpg
efa3d1c7c26dabe3777b2dd683b43c57.jpg

So, finally recieved the ZZF v2. It's an upgrade from my Noob v7. Not an extreme upgrade (like some people might say) but an upgrade for sure.

My TD and some other members say that the dimple/indentation is the same size on every piece. That is not accurate. Mine was to my surprise very discrete (hardly visible), maybe the same as Xxx?

I took two pics with a reflection in the middle of the dial, sort of a worst case scenario for the dimple and I tried for a long time. But this is as "bad" as it get's (if you even care about the dimple that is...)

Two sides of the sels are not as good recessed as the other two but you can't get everything perfect I guess (plus I really don't care that much about SELs).

Bracelet and clasp are good (better than noob v7) but quite far from my gen (116613LB) when it comes to feeling. The finnish however is great!

A gen movement feels like it's been lubricated with butter (as we know) while mine A3135 feels like it's being lubed with sand and dust. Noticable wors than A2836 on my Noob. But as long as it keeps time and works, I don't really care.

DW and cyclops are not perfect but VERY GOOD!!

The markers on the bezel easily gets dirty. I touched it a few times with my (normally clean) fingertips and noticed a a darker (more dull) color. But warm water, soap and a soft toothbrushed takes the smudge away within a few seconds.

If noob v7 is a 7,5/10 I would say this is a 9/10. The slightly loose feeling of the bracelet/clasp, hard stiffness when rotating the bezel and unsmooth movement-winding makes me not give it a 10. The rest of the flaws are for me microscopic and you wouldn't notice it with your bare eyes.

But how often do you let other people hold and wind you watch? Not that often i figure... so I might give it a 9,9/10 if you plan not to let other gen-owners touch it:)

Fixed X on dial, small dimple, rehaut aligned on both sides guess we can call it the LN V2S.

Reactions: DR Russell