• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Oprah , like the rest of the media, cares about no one. Most of these people where hoping for riots.

The media THRIVES on this stuff ... ratings soar and the "Blue Ribbon" goes to the source that airs the dirtiest laundry.. if people didn't watch it, it wouldn't be on 24/7 ..it's like the circus is in town and the tickets are free.....some things will never change.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I'm not making wild assumptions like you are. I'm making a point that is a fact. When asked to Stand Down by law enforcement , mall cop decided to engage.
911 is about as much law enforcement as Zimmerman is.

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
Please state the wild assumption I made....I merely posted a hypothetical question....I was only interested in people's responses.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
911 is about as much law enforcement as Zimmerman is.

When people call 911 , they are reaching out to Law Enforcement. Is a sworn peace officer answering the call ? Most likely they aren't. But they give direction based on training from LEO's. Stand Down means that mall cop sits in his car finishing his donut until police arrives. Not that the ending would've been different. But there's a better chance this child would be alive today.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Please state the wild assumption I made....I merely posted a hypothetical question....I was only interested in people's responses.

A question for all of you:

You are on the ground getting pummeled by a 6 ft. tall, 160 lb., 17 year old.....he has already broken your nose with his punches....now he is slamming your head into the concrete sidewalk....you are armed....what do you do?

^^^^ Where did you dream this scenario from ? Mr Wild Assumptions. Mall Cop stated they were on the grass. His defense team said concrete. Go back to the drawing board with your story.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
When people call 911 , they are reaching out to Law Enforcement. Is a sworn peace officer answering the call ? Most likely they aren't. But they give direction based on training from LEO's. Stand Down means that mall cop sits in his car finishing his donut until police arrives. Not that the ending would've been different. But there's a better chance this child would be alive today.
It's just as easy to say that if Martin would have simply ignored mall cop he'd be alive today. No, cops do not answer 911, and are not law enforcement, but it's really not relevant.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
It's just as easy to say that if Martin would have simply ignored mall cop he'd be alive today. No, cops do not answer 911, and are not law enforcement, but it's really not relevant.

Martin didn't begin this confrontation. Was Martin hiding in a bush and jumped out in front of Mall cop's car ??? He profiled this kid, and he initiated this incident. There is a dead teenager right now. The jackass who killed him is alive and free. The only justice in this case will come in the civil trial.

I don't pay ADT to profile kids in my community , and shoot them. Mall cop over stepped his boundary because he had Wayne LaPierre syndrome.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Martin didn't begin this confrontation. Was Martin hiding in a bush and jumped out in front of Mall cop's car ??? He profiled this kid, and he initiated this incident. There is a dead teenager right now. The jackass who killed him is alive and free. The only justice in this case will come in the civil trial.

I don't pay ADT to profile kids in my community , and shoot them. Mall cop over stepped his boundary because he had Wayne LaPierre syndrome.

He could have ignored Zimmerman, and walked away. You can dance around this all you want, that's a fact.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Thank goodness for "reasonable doubt". For all that grieve for TM, so be it. The sad part is that a grown man had to take the life of a child due to that child's body being full grown, but his brain being far from grown. I work with troubled kids (I am a retired Marine now a juvenile probation officer) and I can tell you with an "expert opinion" that these kids are dangerous at around age 13 and up. I am 45, 6'2" 215 lbs. When I was 17, I was 6'2", 125 lbs. Kids appear to be physically maturing much earlier now that when we (people my age) were that age. Plus, they appear to know no manners or empathy, and its an entitlement mentality. So when some chubby "white" guy (creepy ass cracker was the testimony, I believe) is following a teen with todays entitlement mentality, and "disrespecting" him, they react the only way they seem to know how, with violence. So those that say Z should have just taken the beating, sure, I guess I would take one too, if a ref was there to step in and stop it before something permanent happened, but in this case, there wasn't. There was also no father there with his 17 year old after hours to ensure this kid, allegedly in a strange neighborhood, was safe and supervised.

Bottom line, for me that is, is that kids seem to have to raise themselves nowadays. Parents pop em out, sit them in front of the TV, and let SpongeBob, Little Wayne and all the other mainstream scumbag rappers instill their values in the child, rather than the parent being a parent. Sad. The parents should be on trial for neglect, allowing their minor child to be out on the streets at night, looking for trouble.

For all those that are against Z, no worries. As SSteele posted (remove that pathetic first line BS about how it feels to be a black man in America) this is probably the life that Z and his family have to look forward to. He may die in the streets due to vigilante justice, have to move to some remote BFE where they have no TV or mainstream media, or simply hold on and hole up until the newest scandal takes all the attention away from him. No worries there, there are enough sagging and draggin individuals out there causing trouble and babies they wont care for to fill the void in the medias need for scandal.

The victims here are our young people, growing up too fast, sometimes with no leadership or mentor (strong mother and father figures) to nudge and nurture them on the right path.

Sorry for the rant. Condolences to both families, as the results of this event will be permanent to both parties involved.

WOW, Mr Marine this is not an "expert opinion" just an opinion, and one full of racial stereotypes.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
He could have ignored Zimmerman, and walked away. You can dance around this all you want, that's a fact.

Dance around what ? The kid was walking down the street when approached by mall cop. How did Martin initiate anything ? That was never argued by either side. Mall cop stays in the car. This never happens. Period.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Oh boy...I am not going to debate this with you any further, however I am going to give you my opinion on what took place.
A boy died because some icehole deserved a beating but he had a gun, and that's the risk you take when you decide to put your hands on someone.

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Two things:

1) People see what they want to see. I don't see this racism that is apparently running rampant in our country. Maybe that's because I'm not racist and don't constantly look for something TO BE wrong. I've been coast to coast, top to bottom and I just don't see it.

2) There's an awful lot of judging and profiling going on in this very thread.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Sorry ZoSo, BMW's right on this one. You nor I really have any idea what went down but it seems to me that Zimmerman made it very difficult to ignore him. I really think Zimmerman should have ignored Trayvon Martin. The ONLY reason he didn't is because Trayvon Martin was black. As Zimmerman said, "One of them". You can dance around that but we all know he meant "black".

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Sorry ZoSo, BMW's right on this one. You nor I really have any idea what went down but it seems to me that Zimmerman made it very difficult to ignore him. I really think Zimmerman should have ignored Trayvon Martin. The ONLY reason he didn't is because Trayvon Martin was black. As Zimmerman said, "One of them". You can dance around that but we all know he meant "black".
You are making assumptions, not stating fact. There is no right or wrong here. The boy is dead. It's all wrong.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Oh boy...I am not going to debate this with you any further, however I am going to give you my opinion on what took place.
A boy died because some icehole deserved a beating but he had a gun, and that's the risk you take when you decide to put your hands on someone.

No. A child died because Mall Cop didn't stand down. Don't argue the facts. That's not hypothetical.

In other news that shows how great and equal the United States Justice system is ....

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/11/justice/florida-stand-ground-sentencing/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.