• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
Where were the police? Why didnt they come before this happened. It was like 25 minutes before the kid got shot. Also If George Zimmerman was such a horrible evil killer like all these media outlets made him out to be why didnt he shoot him as soon as he got out the car? Bmw im from brooklyn please tell me whats it like to grow up in the hood are you going to tell me how bad the people living there had it? Because the hood that i see in brooklyn gets rebuilt everyday there and all i see is the people living there destroying it. Im talking from experience In rebuilding. Oh and wait the cops arent so nice outside the hood too in case anyone is wondering.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
This may sound crass, but **** the prosecution. The more I learn about the case the more angry I get. This was a tremendous blunder on the prosecution. They could not prove that a wannabe cop, that was instructed not to follow an innocent boy, decided to enforce his own vigilante justice. What would some of you do if some random guy questioned you about what you are doing in the neighborhood of a relative, and the guy is not a police officer of some sort? **** the prosecutor, **** the defense for having the balls to basically putting a 17 year old boy on trial and sayinh that this was an injustice for their client, and a big **** you to Zimmerman for assuming he was in some sort of position of authority that night.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
This may sound crass, but **** the prosecution. The more I learn about the case the more angry I get. This was a tremendous blunder on the prosecution. They could not prove that a wannabe cop, that was instructed not to follow an innocent boy, decided to enforce his own vigilante justice. What would some of you do if some random guy questioned you about what you are doing in the neighborhood of a relative, and the guy is not a police officer of some sort? **** the prosecutor, **** the defense for having the balls to basically putting a 17 year old boy on trial and sayinh that this was an injustice for their client, and a big **** you to Zimmerman for assuming he was in some sort of position of authority that night.

Sorry buddy but theres no law that you need to listen to a 911 operator, bad or not.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Florida, you done it again:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison. Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.
CBS Affiliate WETV reports that Circuit Court Judge James Daniel handed down the sentence Friday.
Under Florida's mandatory minimum sentencing requirements Alexander could receive a lesser sentence, even though she has never been in trouble with the law before. Judge Daniel said the law did not allow for extenuating or mitigating circumstances to reduce the sentence below the 20-year minimum.
"I really was crying in there," Marissa's 11-year-old daughter told WETV. "I didn't want to cry in court, but I just really feel hurt. I don't think this should have been happening."

Alexander was convicted of attempted murder after she rejected a plea deal for a three-year prison sentence. She said she did not believe she did anything wrong.

I'm not sure being black had anything to do with it but it sure seems strange. Both the charges and sentence.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
When I was a teen , we wore Champion hoodies in NYC . I'd love to engage some of you about what it's like to grow up in the hood.
I grew up in the Bronx. I knew/know that if you are going to step to someone you are risking your life.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Sorry buddy but theres no law that you need to listen to a 911 operator, bad or not.

Point taken but what was Zimmerman doing that night. Was he a cop? No, he was on some sort of neighborhood watch, correct? And what are they supposed to do? They are to report to the police any suspicious activity, that's it.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I grew up in the Bronx. I knew/know that if you are going to step to someone you are risking your life.

Me + 1 I grew up in the streets of Detroit when I was young. I also wore a hoody and stick to myself most of the time. I didn't step up on no one unless I was real. I have been shot at walking down the wrong street before. So hood life I know all to well. And things can get ugly fast in the hood!

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
:cny:
Point taken but what was Zimmerman doing that night. Was he a cop? No, he was on some sort of neighborhood watch, correct? And what are they supposed to do? They are to report to the police any suspicious activity, that's it.

I'm not backing that pussy. All I know is that this was going on for a half hour and not one cop showed up.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
All I know is that this was going on for a half hour and not one cop showed up. __________________

It was reported on a non emergency number. I imagine the cops weren't in a big hurry to chase down another one of George's "there's a suspicious black guy in my neighborhood" calls.

djward

Known Member
20/11/10
bottom line,zimmerman stays in his truck and none of this happens

w4tchnut

25/4/12
bottom line,zimmerman stays in his truck and none of this happens

Exactly. And that's precisely what he would have done if he didn't have a gun.

Packing a piece turns a wuss into a bad ass instantly, doesn't it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
The other bottom line is the kid walks away and doesnt throw fists.

The unfortunate thing is we really don't know who was the aggressor from the start. I haven't seen it mentioned yet but his defense scored a huge coup getting his video interview played for the jury. It allowed him to testify without being crossed. Surprised they allowed it.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
The unfortunate thing is we really don't know who was the aggressor from the start.

I have an opinion on this: Zimmerman had no business engaging that kid. In my opinion the operative term in "Neighborhood Watch" is, "watch." Zimmerman clearly did more than watch Trayvon Martin or he would not have been arrested and tried.

Am I missing something here?

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
A question for all of you:

You are on the ground getting pummeled by a 6 ft. tall, 160 lb., 17 year old.....he has already broken your nose with his punches....now he is slamming your head into the concrete sidewalk....you are armed....what do you do?

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
...shove his nuts up into his body cavity with my knee, followed by a straght-armed heel of my hand into the bridge of his nose. Save the gun for someone with a knife...bullets cost too much these days. :beatahorse:

You are on the ground getting pummeled by a 6 ft. tall, 160 lb., 17 year old.....he has already broken your nose with his punches....now he is slamming your head into the concrete sidewalk....you are armed....what do you do?

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Here's a letter from a black guy to Zimmerman..
BPJ7nyFCMAAxFr4.jpg

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

When the question really should be, "Why are you following an unarmed kid at night, in the rain, who is doing nothing wrong and has just as much right to be there as you do"?

My answer is: You're looking for trouble and you found it. After the Justice Dept. finishes looking at your civil rights violations and then the Martin family lawyers finish with their civil law suit, I'm quite sure you'll wish you never owned a gun.

And, from the evidence I saw, it's just as likely that Trayvon Martin punched him one time and knocked him on his ass to account for all the alleged damage to his face and the back of his head. If he was repeatedly getting his head slammed into the sidewalk, he'd have had a lot more cuts and blood on that bald head than that miniscule little cut or two that he ended up with.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13

If you can't handle yourself don't follow people around and get in fights.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
I have an opinion on this: Zimmerman had no business engaging that kid. In my opinion the operative term in "Neighborhood Watch" is, "watch." Zimmerman clearly did more than watch Trayvon Martin or he would not have been arrested and tried.

Am I missing something here?

Agreed. I'm just saying we don't know if George walked up to him and got in his face or if trayvon got in George's face, that's all. At some point one of these must have happened to end up where things are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.