• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Seamaster has landed

bart_dood

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/22
I ordered a ZF 300M in blue with rubber strap on 5th Sept. Still awaiting QC images, I also paid for pressure testing for 50m water resistance. Looking forward to it being my daily wear, AR softness is a bit of a bummer I guess I'll have to learn to live with it

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
<You are not eligible to sell, no advertising outside of M2M>

Dude, for real? Member since 2018?

Not only are you not eligible per your low post count, you are also not certified (with a government ID, passport etc.) through our external security provider (scam & fraud protection, mandatory on RWI since Sep 1) to sell.

Participate more (no "post-whoring" though!), then get certified (use the search function to find the info sticky on how to do that) and then go to the sales section and post a sale that complies with the sales rules.

Pogo123

Horology Curious
21/8/23
Was just trying on these seamasters at the AD. I’m loving them! I used to think they were bulky in comparison to watches I normally like but as soon as I saw it on my wrist, I had to have it lol.

Thanks for this thread! :)

bart_dood

10/1/22
Had a ZF seamaster on order for 4.5 weeks now, TD now tells me ZF is out of stock and offered an older VSF (which I don't want) anyone else had this issue?

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Had a ZF seamaster on order for 4.5 weeks now, TD now tells me ZF is out of stock and offered an older VSF (which I don't want) anyone else had this issue?
Yeah, I had the TD offer me a VSF initially, then after I said no they "found" a ZF.

solomonkane

13/5/13

Depends on the dial color. White dial is out of stock for months while the gray dial is readily available.

Reactions: Reaps

bart_dood

10/1/22
After waiting for my pick (blue dial) for quite some time I enquired with my TD about an alternate watch. Which was pretty much immediately available, so now have one of those shipping soon (photo attached). Think I'll re-visit a seamaster 300M in the future maybe when they are more available or a newer version rep

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Hi All, I believe the rules allow me to ask a specific question on QC. I received the below QC but it doesn't look like the ZF version posted by other members. The colour looks too light blue compared to what everyone else's pictures are showing. Can anyone confirm for me if this is ZF version?

Many thanks in advance

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Hi All, I believe the rules allow me to ask a specific question on QC. I received the below QC but it doesn't look like the ZF version posted by other members. The colour looks too light blue compared to what everyone else's pictures are showing. Can anyone confirm for me if this is ZF version?

Many thanks in advance

Looks good. The case serial number and movement serial number should NOT match. Do you have a photo of the caseback?
Rubber strap looks also like ZF.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Looks good. The case serial number and movement serial number should NOT match. Do you have a photo of the caseback?
Rubber strap looks also like ZF.

I do. Please see pics and thank you for your help.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Hi All, I believe the rules allow me to ask a specific question on QC.

Correct.

The colour looks too light blue compared to what everyone else's pictures are showing.

Factory ID'ing I'll leave to the experts.

But just as a general thought regarding image colors:

Colors in photos on non-calibrated devices are not reliable enough for comparisons.

Because it's impossible to know the level of colors tones, saturation, contrast, brightness and other image parameters in each photo which can greatly change the appearance of colors if they are not identical and differ within just a few percent.

Here is one of your QC photos in three versions with changed image parameters:

20231025-232037.jpg

20231025-232131.jpg

20231025-231926.jpg

kev0172

Horology Curious
26/10/23
hi all. I've just received my QC pics for a ZF Seamaster Diver 300M in black. I was wondering on what peoples thoughts are on:
- the 12 index seems to be shifted to the left (i.e. the 12 chapter ring marker looks like it would extend down on to the right of the 2 index markers and not between them)
- is the 6 index tilted (right hand upwards)
- the lume looks yellowish (which I thought was a trait of the VSF and not the ZF)

any help greatly appreciated.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
hi all. I've just received my QC pics for a ZF Seamaster Diver 300M in black. I was wondering on what peoples thoughts are on:
- the 12 index seems to be shifted to the left (i.e. the 12 chapter ring marker looks like it would extend down on to the right of the 2 index markers and not between them)
- is the 6 index tilted (right hand upwards)
- the lume looks yellowish (which I thought was a trait of the VSF and not the ZF)

any help greatly appreciated.
That's an easy GL. Stop overthinking it. Looks great.

Macbook

Horology Curious
6/10/23
After waiting for my pick (blue dial) for quite some time I enquired with my TD about an alternate watch. Which was pretty much immediately available, so now have one of those shipping soon (photo attached). Think I'll re-visit a seamaster 300M in the future maybe when they are more available or a newer version rep

The AT's are better finished and closer to gen , compared to the 300m's?