• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Officially Announces 15450

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
La differenza più evidente è il braccialetto. Non è come il rappresentante Rolex, per il quale la generazione e il rappresentante non fanno molta differenza. Il braccialetto gen è così liscio e più pieghevole. Quando lo indossi, sembra che ti si aggrappi al polso. Il bordo della ripetizione è affilato e risulterà scomodo se indossato per un'intera giornata.

L'altra cosa è il movimento, il colore del rotore è sbagliato, troppo giallastro. Sarebbe fantastico se qualcuno potesse rivestire il rotore in colore oro rosa. Il rumore non mi disturba, dato che il movimento gen è comunque forte….
Thanks ;-)

Rantanplan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/22
I got my ZF 15500 two years ago. The bracelet was as you describe. After a baby oil bath over 24h it feels more smoother until today.
And I can also repeat what our AP Guru Legend @legend said: Every gen AP is handmade and different. One has more or less sharp edges than the other. The same can happen with the reps. So don‘t care about it.
To silence the noise of the rotor ask a watchmaker. He can do it for less money.

Reactions: legend

duped

waverly
26/2/24
Could newer possibly be better? I know APSF15450 was already getting to the point of being almost good enough for a super rep. The unveiling of ZF15450 could be their factory trying to be the new holy grail. Wonder if people prefer the old reliable batches as opposed to getting new ones for the sake of "new and improved"

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Could newer possibly be better? I know APSF15450 was already getting to the point of being almost good enough for a super rep. The unveiling of ZF15450 could be their factory trying to be the new holy grail. Wonder if people prefer the old reliable batches as opposed to getting new ones for the sake of "new and improved"
I'm fairly certain APSF and ZF 15450 share the exact same parts except dial, and ZF does their own finishing on the case.

Reactions: Brudi and e1phantom

Brudi

Rolex Pro / AP Lover
Supporter
Certified
27/3/18
Germany
Mine arrived last week. Bought it from Trusty.
Very happy with the Quality, especially the dial.

If you have a small wrist and love the Royal Oak, the ZF 15450 ist by far the best option.

Look at that beast. Will post more Pics/Videos soon.

Forster Leipzig

Horology Curious
9/8/23
Chile
The most noticeable difference is the bracelet. It’s not like rolex rep, which the gen and rep are not that much difference. The gen bracelet is so smooth, and more bendable. When you wear it, it feels like it grabs on your wrist. The edge of the rep is sharp, and will feel uncomfortable if wear for a whole day.

The other thing is the movement, the rotor color is wrong, too yellowish. It would be great if someone can plate the rotor to rose gold color. The noise is not bothering me, since the gen movement is loud anyway….
The difference I see is in the dial. Rep has Tapisserie under font, while Gen is a flat surface. Do you concur?

Fabian.

Known Member
9/4/19
I'm fairly certain APSF and ZF 15450 share the exact same parts except dial, and ZF does their own finishing on the case.
What are differences regarding the dial?
It's hard to spot on TD pictures and CTimes comparison thread won't show the photos anymore.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
What are differences regarding the dial?
It's hard to spot on TD pictures and CTimes comparison thread won't show the photos anymore.
Look at the little square patterns and the sunburst curve

Reactions: Fabian.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
If someone wanna part with his keychain please let me know :)

Thanks