• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Black Bay Pro

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
The dial shift is a very easy fix. The dial is actually attached to the movement ring, not the movement. ZF does this with to get a better datewheel position. You honestly only have to pop off the caseback, loosen the movement screws and move the ring a little bit. Mine has no dial shift so no need.

Anyway, I've had this for +/- a week and I love, love, love it. Could ZF do a V2? Yes, but the list right now of things wrong is pretty little/insignificant for me.

Last edited:

sagewatch

Known Member
Certified
21/10/22
The dial shift is a very easy fix. The dial is actually attached to the movement ring, not the movement. ZF does this with to get a better datewheel position. You honestly only have to pop off the caseback, loosen the movement screws and move the ring a little bit. Mine has no dial shift so no need.

Anyway, I've had this for +/- a week and I love, love, love it. Could ZF do a V2? Yes, but the list right now of things wrong is pretty little/insignificant for me.
Thank you for this! The dial shift directions very helpful and reassuring for not worrying too much about it during QC.

Reactions: mclarendude

EisEiche

Known Member
20/12/22
Germany
Thank you so much, great input!

I was already prepared to cut the dialfeet to adjust the center the date window.

j2k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/23
Canada

Mclarendude you are a legend!

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Since they never fixed alignement problems on the bb gmt and bb58 I would not bet they will fix this ever.
Loving the loner from @mclarendude
3ir8RF.jpg

3irtht.jpg

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Would any of you guys mind measuring the diameter of the threads on the crown tube? Would love to swap a ZF BB Pro crown on to my ZF 58. I'm not sure if this is the case with the Pro but on the 58 I was able to simply unscrew the crown and pull it out to the last position and there was plenty of space for a set of calipers to measure it.

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Received mine today. Quite happy with it, though I should have checked the date window more closely on QC. Can this be remedied by a watchmaker?

It is quite the chunky watch, the BB58 looks and feels much more refined and elegant. I do have small and bony wrists though.

ugalord

Metalcore Addict
Patron
Certified
29/6/20
Europe
Received mine today. Quite happy with it, though I should have checked the date window more closely on QC. Can this be remedied by a watchmaker?

It is quite the chunky watch, the BB58 looks and feels much more refined and elegant. I do have small and bony wrists though.

Before/After

Pretty easy task mate! You can probably do this by yourself too.
You just need to open the caseback and change the position of the movement holder (with the screws loosened) as the dial is installed on it.
MAYBE you also have to adjust the movement also which is also as easy as the first one. You just need to pull the stem into time setting position, loosen the inner screws and you have a tiny bit of room to adjust :)

Reactions: j2k and Nickyan

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20

There’s a guide link to Reddit somewhere in BBPro topics, how to fix alignment. Just search for it.

Reactions: Nickyan

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
I assume it's different from the one posted above since it's a different movement? I started by ordering an opening ball for the back.