• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Black Bay Pro

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
So, I have a little bit of a bone to pick with this general argument that a lot of people bring up. I summed it up in RWG and is not for anyone to take personally. I am also not a Tudor fan boy so I feel my thoughts are more centered.

I am the pickiest person in the wear when it comes with how the watches wear and sit. I have bought and sold Submariners and Sea-Dwellers because of that alone.

Unless you have a wrist that is less than 6.5in, you can wear this. I do not know if there are people who got turned off to these due to the Pepsi BB GMT being 41mm and just a tad taller. But this one wears like an Explorer, even a Datejust. It's a cushion case, Lug to Lug is short enough and it is 39mm in diameter.

Tudor, somehow, has masterly done this whole tall watch and small diameter in this case. Not in the Pepsi GMT.

This wears better than a 16610 Submariner or a 16660 Sea Dweller. The case hugs your wrist, and to add to it, the bracelet with its female endlinks help that as well. The micro adjust and the wear is so good that I have only had to adjust it once. And that's because my wrist swelled due to heat and humidity.

This one is not top heavy, does not slide back and forth like the BBGMT did. I hated the BBGmt because I loved the look, I hated how it wore.

I know everyone's hesitation, but, it's not as bad as Hodonkee and every damn watch influencer has made it to be.
I guess they just can’t find a proper reason to criticize the watch and so much overestimate the excessive thickness of it, while IRL it’s not a big deal.

Reactions: mclarendude

Jonathann

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/18
You could be onto something there.

I loved how the BBGMT looked too. Had one. But similarly to you, it wore terribly large so I got rid.

I’m holding out for the Pelagos 39 in the hope that a rep pops up sometime soon. The release of this gives me a glimmer of hope, but nothing anywhere near an expectation.

If this is everything you say it is (and why wouldn’t it be? You have one) I may be tempted if the Pelagos never comes.

6.5” wrists.

Thanks for the added insight. It’s given me something to think about.

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I honestly think that people have leftover hate over the 41mm BBGmt and think Tudor did it again with the BBpro.

I wish the GMT was like this one.

sagewatch

Known Member
Certified
21/10/22
I honestly think that people have leftover hate over the 41mm BBGmt and think Tudor did it again with the BBpro.

I wish the GMT was like this one.
The ZF BB pro looks like a winner. Anything you wish they would improve in version 2? Debating between biting now, versus waiting a few months.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
The ZF BB pro looks like a winner. Anything you wish they would improve in version 2? Debating between biting now, versus waiting a few months.
The clasp on mine is a little too hard to unlatch. That's all.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Just crossposting from the other BB Pro thread since both seem to be pretty active.

If any of you guys have ZFs BB58 too, would you mind testing if the ZF BB Pro crown will thread directly on to the 58's tube? Would love to swap one on since it resembles the 6538 big crown quite a bit.

j2k

9/2/23
Canada
Hey, how is the gmt movement? I hear the 2824-2 is fairly reliable. I'm not too bothered by ICHS, but I do want to use the gmt function and adjust times. I understand you operate the gmt hand as if it were a day mechanism. Any knowledge would be appreciated thanks!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Hey, how is the gmt movement? I hear the 2824-2 is fairly reliable. I'm not too bothered by ICHS, but I do want to use the gmt function and adjust times. I understand you operate the gmt hand as if it were a day mechanism. Any knowledge would be appreciated thanks!
It’s the same GMT movement that has been used for decades before CHS became a thing. Very reliable.

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
That will get better with time and/or oil bath. If it works like the BB58 clasp, after unlocking the little thingy with the logo, try lifting the other end of the clasp (non-logo) side.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
That will get better with time and/or oil bath. If it works like the BB58 clasp, after unlocking the little thingy with the logo, try lifting the other end of the clasp (non-logo) side.
I actually figured it out last night. For some reason, the “pull handle” that goes under the latch was a bit too close to the latch, causing friction. I manipulated the scissors of the clasp a little and now it works perfectly. But I am also doing an oil bath soon.

Reactions: Alex_oz and Nickyan

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
I actually figured it out last night. For some reason, the “pull handle” that goes under the latch was a bit too close to the latch, causing friction. I manipulated the scissors of the clasp a little and now it works perfectly. But I am also doing an oil bath soon.
How’s T-fit working? It’s actually similar to the one at Pelagos right?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
How’s T-fit working? It’s actually similar to the one at Pelagos right?
Like a charm. It just doesn't have the spring setting the Pelagos has. You know, the setting where it will expand on bracelet.

But, it is easy to do adjust on the fly.

Reactions: Alex_oz

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
Like a charm. It just doesn't have the spring setting the Pelagos has. You know, the setting where it will expand on bracelet.

But, it is easy to do adjust on the fly.
Yeah the spring is definitely a weak point, at a replica especially. That’s why glidelock on Rolex is so much a better decision.

rssid

4/7/22
Pulled the trigger on a gen that was offered by the ad. Have to say the so called hyped thicc case is just over hype and looking for something to say. It wears well and not noticable nor poses a problem in anyway. The T clasp is fantastic with its on the fly adjustments ! Just my 2 cents there

j2k

9/2/23
Canada
Im unbelievably jealous! Cheers wear it in good health! Any idea where I might be able to snag the fabric strap it comes with? I want to buy the rep and put it on the gen strap black and yellow nato style strap
Pulled the trigger on a gen that was offered by the ad. Have to say the so called hyped thicc case is just over hype and looking for something to say. It wears well and not noticable nor poses a problem in anyway. The T clasp is fantastic with its on the fly adjustments ! Just my 2 cents there

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Im unbelievably jealous! Cheers wear it in good health! Any idea where I might be able to snag the fabric strap it comes with? I want to buy the rep and put it on the gen strap black and yellow nato style strap
You should be able to get one from an AD, however it seems like supply for Tudor Nato straps is quite scarce