• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Grey Dial got just released from ZF I think!! I just got a letter from a TD that the grey dial 15400 from ZF is available :) I was going to wait for the white but this is tempting even though I just ordered the black dial...
Grey ist available from the beginning I think

Silvereagle77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/20
Has anyone had loose pins in the clasp/bracelet area?
Like the pins keep slipping out. This definitely wasn't the case in the JF V4 as those are firmly in place

Silvereagle77

4/1/20
I also made another discovery (not sure if it is or not...but might help others). - This might help distinguish the batches

In the pictures for puretime in the deco plates -

I got the one without the "screw"

Reactions: SHB

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
Its look from my qc pics that I got one with the screw. Frome puretime with ZF badge

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
Not sure this even mean anything

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
And there goes another page full of assumptions about different batches when one or two watches arrive with a different hang tag, when a bracelet feels different judging from a completely subjective standpoint, when a brushing is a bit different...

guys - you know this is the rep game and inconsistencies are common. Different suppliers mean different ways of production or even quality control. Really nothing that needs elaboration if you look objectively upon the whole rep topic and how things work over there in china.

no flame - just a small reminder that you have to take all these little things with a grain of salt.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
If you’re a soldier and you hear the rotor noise, you’ll think that the extraction chopper has arrived to take you back to base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This made me LOL

Reactions: Dissemination

Silvereagle77

4/1/20
What assumptions are we making? I'm just trying to contribute information to help the discussion out. Are we not allowed to do that?

I understand a rep will always be a rep and from legend just looking at the movement tells you it's a rep. I'm not trying to assume anything. It's just my observation and contribution of information.

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
Not sure this even mean anything

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
When you say a bracelet is smooth or sharp, it's a very subjective thing.
Although I think some bracelets are probably different from others.
But it’s a fact that some dials are different to others.
I think that’s where that Z+F and ZF thing came from.

BIONONE

28/4/17
What assumptions are we making? I'm just trying to contribute information to help the discussion out. Are we not allowed to do that?

I wasn’t only talking about you mate.
but about assumptions about different batches based on different tags or even missing/different details in the movement.

I appreciate the effort to contribute with observations and possible differences but if you follow the discussion about a different quality from watch to watch based on the hang tag started many pages earlier you will hopefully understand my comment.

I will stop my rant right here to avoid any further confusion.

Silvereagle77

4/1/20
I apologize myself as well too.

My watch came with loose pins at the clasp/bracelet area and the TD is asking me to pay for the shipping of the additional pins. In a way I think it's not fair that they're doing that especially the fact that these things should have been checked before sending and there's no way the QC pictures would have helped with this observation. I'm trying to contribute information to help others who purchase avoid this situation (The pin could slide out and the clasp and bracelet might fall right off your wrist). Yeah the pins shipping isn't a great deal of money at all, but it's more of the principle. Hence my attempt at trying to ID certain versions of this watch to help others. Oh, and the TD stopped responding to me (been about 3 business days).

Reactions: Rolemars

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA

My watch came with loose pins at the clasp/bracelet area and the TD is asking me to pay for the shipping of the additional pins. In a way I think it's not fair that they're doing that especially the fact that these things should have been checked before sending and there's no way the QC pictures would have helped with this observation. I'm trying to contribute information to help others who purchase avoid this situation (The pin could slide out and the clasp and bracelet might fall right off your wrist). Yeah the pins shipping isn't a great deal of money at all, but it's more of the principle. Hence my attempt at trying to ID certain versions of this watch to help others. Oh, and the TD stopped responding to me (been about 3 business days).

I think its cool that you're contributing info that can be helpful. I'm relatively new myself, but I definitely see how things go sideways and false information ends up getting repeated like cannon law though. Reminds me of that game of telephone when you were a kid... one person repeats something to the next and to the next and then eventually the original statement isn't even the same anymore- I think that's where the more senior members step in to help prevent things from getting pedantic and off course.

On another note, totally feel you about your pins situation. Theoretically, they should have caught that themselves. But this is an illegal business and they probably sell hundreds and hundreds of these things any given week. Shit is gonna happen, this won't be the last time. Best thing you can do is be as reasonable as possible and they will likely reciprocate. Or try a new TD I suppose. But helping others learn from your mishaps is nice too and is the silver lining you could say.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIONONE

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
And there goes another page full of assumptions about different batches when one or two watches arrive with a different hang tag, when a bracelet feels different judging from a completely subjective standpoint, when a brushing is a bit different...

guys - you know this is the rep game and inconsistencies are common. Different suppliers mean different ways of production or even quality control. Really nothing that needs elaboration if you look objectively upon the whole rep topic and how things work over there in china.

no flame - just a small reminder that you have to take all these little things with a grain of salt.

I concur with this statement. Variations exist in even the gen especially when it applies to dial color and print. Sharp bracelet edges also exist in the gen believe it or not lol.
I do not believe in the ZF/z+f segregation of quality. Trying to systematically segregate them in terms of quality given the hang tag will create more confusion.

Reactions: Allure and BIONONE

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I don’t think you needed to apologize as your observations and contributions were from your direct personal experience. We learn together.
Bionone was making a general statement and his observation wasn’t directed toward you and I do agree with him that some untrue assumptions were made which can create some confusion in the community.

Thank you and keep your contributions coming @silvereagle77