• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Who cares about the decoplate..? Better to remove it an do the watch slimmer, like ZF did.. you cant fool anyone with that fake decoplate

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Yes, I agree.
But some people just want to compare them both.
And ZF proved a lot of times that they don’t need 5 Versions to get a good OTB rep done.
E.g: 5167A

Reactions: Tompa

Philippe.rwi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/19
Measurement also depends on the angle of the watch. It’s not a big deal, if it would have shown 100+ I would worry.

Tader

3/5/15
Wow, was a zf or z+ badge?

It was one of the better batches. Like it isn't an early version with the crappy swiss made issue.

Frankly, the rest of the watch is superb. I'm really impressed with the overall quality of the dial, markers, hands, polishing, etc. Just never thought to ask the QC people, "hey is this going to cut through paper?" I have JFv2 and a JFv4 that I both wear regularly, and it's quite unfortunate that the bracelet on this one is so bad. Hopefully it's just a lemon.

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
It was one of the better batches. Like it isn't an early version with the crappy swiss made issue.

Frankly, the rest of the watch is superb. I'm really impressed with the overall quality of the dial, markers, hands, polishing, etc. Just never thought to ask the QC people, "hey is this going to cut through paper?" I have JFv2 and a JFv4 that I both wear regularly, and it's quite unfortunate that the bracelet on this one is so bad. Hopefully it's just a lemon.

Thanks for the bracelet confirmation, what about this swiss made issue? You mean the flat swiss made? No issue right there, just different version.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The watch is gaining 18 seconds per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember that this is a snapshot of the movement health as opposed to an absolute statement. The accuracy of the watch will change with the orientation of the movement. The result is acceptable and not a concern.

Reactions: Allure

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Hey guys... I'm trying to understand how loud the rotor noise is. I have an ARF Daytona v2, and it has some asian "clone"/variant of the 7750, as I understand it, and I know there are some complaints about the rotor noise on that. I can hear it, but it doesn't bother me. Does anyone here know if the noise on this ZF louder than that? Thank you.

vh997tt

Known Member
Certified
24/5/15

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Mine is, seems like they are different versions of the bracelet? because my bracelet isnt sharp at all and its way more flexible than the JF one.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey guys... I'm trying to understand how loud the rotor noise is. I have an ARF Daytona v2, and it has some asian "clone"/variant of the 7750, as I understand it, and I know there are some complaints about the rotor noise on that. I can hear it, but it doesn't bother me. Does anyone here know if the noise on this ZF louder than that? Thank you.

If you’re a soldier and you hear the rotor noise, you’ll think that the extraction chopper has arrived to take you back to base.

Silvereagle77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/20
Same with my bracelet. My bracelet feels more loose/softer than my JF V4. I also at one point tried to replace the V4 bracelet and put it onto the ZF but they use different screws and I wasn't even able to detatch my ZF bracelet. Again though, this is vs the V4, not the V5.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
If you’re a soldier and you hear the rotor noise, you’ll think that the extraction chopper has arrived to take you back to base.

This is probably one of the best answers I've ever received lol. I had to read that twice but I actually laughed out loud haha. Ok so in all seriousness, is it really super loud or was there a very liberal dosing of sarcasm there?

Reactions: Tigerdragon

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This is probably one of the best answers I've ever received lol. I had to read that twice but I actually laughed out loud haha. Ok so in all seriousness, is it really super loud or was there a very liberal dosing of sarcasm there?

Lol, of course it was just a hilarious exaggeration but it’s a lot louder than how an AP cal.3120 should sound.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Lol, of course it was just a hilarious exaggeration but it’s a lot louder than how an AP cal.3120 should sound.

Hahah. Well I have never been around an AP in person (unfortunately!), but can you casually hear this rep version if it's in a quiet room? Or do you really have to listen for it? I really have zero frame of reference except for the a7750 in my ARF daytona. I don't know if you've ever had one or handled one? I really can't hear it unless its quiet and I move my arm somewhat vigorously and abruptly.

I found a thread about some oil that can be used for the rep miyota 9015 too for anyone interested https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...service/7701448-silencing-a-noisy-rotor/page2

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hahah. Well I have never been around an AP in person (unfortunately!), but can you casually hear this rep version if it's in a quiet room? Or do you really have to listen for it? I really have zero frame of reference except for the a7750 in my ARF daytona. I don't know if you've ever had one or handled one? I really can't hear it unless its quiet and I move my arm somewhat vigorously and abruptly.

I found a thread about some oil that can be used for the rep miyota 9015 too for anyone interested https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...service/7701448-silencing-a-noisy-rotor/page2

Such things are subjective but to me, it’s a lot louder than the gen AP movement which I have rather extensive experience with.
Even when not listening for it specifically you can hear the rotor whirr from 1m away. Like I said discerning and accepting such sounds is subjective and I’ll recommend the watch rotor bearing assembly gets properly oiled. The sound is enough for me to identify it as a rep as no 15400 should sound like that.

Mildeepsea

Horology Curious
5/5/13
Is that specific Miyota rotor always loud or is this due to the modification process and decoration?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Such things are subjective but to me, it’s a lot louder than the gen AP movement which I have rather extensive experience with.
Even when not listening for it specifically you can hear the rotor whirr from 1m away. Like I said discerning and accepting such sounds is subjective and I’ll recommend the watch rotor bearing assembly gets properly oiled. The sound is enough for me to identify it as a rep as no 15400 should sound like that.

Ok thank you for the info! I'll just budget this service into my watch fund then. Maybe it won't bother me, but it sounds like a worthwhile service nonetheless.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Is that specific Miyota rotor always loud or is this due to the modification process and decoration?

Based on the brief research I've done, it appears that its normally a loud rotor anyways but the decorations exacerbate that further. I'm here asking more experienced members questions too though, but that's just what I have been able to piece together so far.