• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Again a batch story
No idea tbh saw pictures of a watch with the same tags as mine with terrible screws, so it seems like ZF has also QC issues. Because my screws on the bracelet looked like new and the other watch I saw looked like completely broken and it was brand new. I mean I know it's a replica but man sometimes it's hard to believe that they doing a QC check at all.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
No idea tbh saw pictures of a watch with the same tags as mine with terrible screws, so it seems like ZF has also QC issues. Because my screws on the bracelet looked like new and the other watch I saw looked like completely broken and it was brand new. I mean I know it's a replica but man sometimes it's hard to believe that they doing a QC check at all.

Lol bro, it's well know zf have major issues with qc's, Exemple the tudor's by zf... Don't you want to sell yours? I'm paypal ready :D

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Lol bro, it's well know zf have major issues with qc's, Exemple the tudor's by zf... Don't you want to sell yours? I'm paypal ready :D

Lol... I have a zf tudor that is immaculate that I lucked out on on my first try, and another zf tudor that I finally accepted on the third try simply out of respect for the TD... and it was just a misaligned bezel marker after all.

Could help explain all this business about the tags and such. It can almost seem like two different divisions of their factory is making these things lol.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Lol... I have a zf tudor that is immaculate that I lucked out on on my first try, and another zf tudor that I finally accepted on the third try simply out of respect for the TD... and it was just a misaligned bezel marker after all.

Could help explain all this business about the tags and such. It can almost seem like two different divisions of their factory is making these things lol.

Keept history of my qc's for a bb red, refused everything and ended with a refund (this td is well know for offer qc pics with missing markers or screws lol) , even shown my qc to another td and he laughed about it, yeah i got nearly 8 qc, in fact the td just tried to feed his previously red lighted qc (obvious funky twisted marker, or even bezel printing issue), then the other td sent me qc for the bb red and immediately accepted it.
Anyway it's old story and off-topic.
But zf is well know for this issue.

Last edited:

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17

Im selling mine to you mate :D

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Easy Tiger, your earlier posts in this thread gave me the impression it was better than OK. I suppose I will find out soon enough I’ve ordered one from KS specifically.

Sent from the RWI App

The Watch itself is very good as rep.
The best 15400 rep so far.
But the QC of ZF is pure BS from my experience.

Mikio17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/10/19
Got mine today and indeed some parts were a bit sharp and my bracelet was quite stiff. Might benefit from an oil bath.

For the clasp, did Kitaro 's tape remedy and it works well. Thanks!

As for the rotor, rotor was 2x louder than my ppf 5711. May have to have it silenced.

Also, question, when removing links, does it have to be from sides? I removed 2 links from both and it is still a bit loose. Would it be solved by removing a link from the 12 o'clock?

By the way, thank you legend for your invaluable thoughts on this iteration of the 15400 and for the rest of the AP subforum. Been following your posts a lot. Moreover, when the zf15400 got your commendation in earlier posts, I thought that that was my go signal to pull the trigger. lol

Reactions: Dissemination

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Easy Tiger, your earlier posts in this thread gave me the impression it was better than OK. I suppose I will find out soon enough I’ve ordered one from KS specifically.

Sent from the RWI App

Mine is 9/10 has only one little overbrush issue on the bezel so its not "perfect" but yeah i love to wear it. Also i have the clasp issue like the others :D

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Keept history of my qc's for a bb red, refused everything and ended with a refund (this td is well know for offer qc pics with missing markers or screws lol) , even shown my qc to another td and he laughed about it, yeah i got nearly 8 qc, in fact the td just tried to feed his previously red lighted qc (obvious funky twisted marker, or even bezel printing issue), then the other td sent me qc for the bb red and immediately accepted it.
Anyway it's old story and off-topic.
But zf is well know for this issue.

Well this TD was pretty cool so I rolled with it. But nevertheless, hopefully better experience when I order me one of these bad boys. Thinking of waiting for the white dial though :beef:

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
You got a blackdial right?

Blue dial.

d24f1bf54ed2e7b7088d5ec2f27bf326.jpg

Reactions: Rolemars

Watcherswatch

Known Member
16/6/16
Grey Dial got just released from ZF I think!! I just got a letter from a TD that the grey dial 15400 from ZF is available :) I was going to wait for the white but this is tempting even though I just ordered the black dial...

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Lol, my App does only allow „medium“ quality pics right now. And I need to zoom in so you can see the small badge ;D

:)
I guess you're from UK seeing the ferrari rhd, drop me a pm with your price.

Last edited: