• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

NHADAD

Looking Around
14/7/18
DO YOUR OWN QC

Hi everybody,
I just received the QC-photos for my ZF black version.
I am wondering what do you think of the photos?
Should I accept it?

Last edited by a moderator:

NHADAD

Looking Around
14/7/18
Why? Is it not allowed to share the photos and use the experience of the experts? What make posting photos harmful?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Why? Is it not allowed to share the photos and use the experience of the experts? What make posting photos harmful?
Read the rules and better not argue with the mods.

Our guidelines are there for various reasons.

Reactions: Rolemars

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

You can post pictures only if you have a specific question or flaw you want to point to be verified, which you do not. Asking others to do your QC is not allowed. Read the rules regarding QC pictures.

NHADAD

Looking Around
14/7/18
You can post pictures only if you have a specific question or flaw you want to point to be verified, which you do not. Asking others to do your QC is not allowed. Read the rules regarding QC pictures.

Thank you very much for the polite answer. But how can I ask a specific question if I do not know where to look exactly? I mean every replica has some points, and every factory has some issues in some points. How can I ask a specific question (for example is the position of the left screw correct?) if I do not have the original watch to compare and also no experience to know which points to look for this specific watch? And it is very impolite to hear (better not argue with mods!). That is anti-humanity. I read a lot of the posts here, and have heard a lot of comments and things to look for generally. But again, I was very happy to use the experience of the experts here and getting the help from here instead of (not argue!).

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Thank you very much for the polite answer. But how can I ask a specific question if I do not know where to look exactly? I mean every replica has some points, and every factory has some issues in some points. How can I ask a specific question (for example is the position of the left screw correct?) if I do not have the original watch to compare and also no experience to know which points to look for this specific watch? And it is very impolite to hear (better not argue with mods!). That is anti-humanity. I read a lot of the posts here, and have heard a lot of comments and things to look for generally. But again, I was very happy to use the experience of the experts here and getting the help from here instead of (not argue!).

Reddit?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

I think that when soneone joins a forum or any group they should enquire how things work before saying anything, wouldn't that be basic respect?

Now you didn't do this and despite being advised to read the rules twice, you just ask why? And how?

How about instead of posting again you follow that advice, read the rules - which explain why and how - and if after that you still have questions then we can have a conversation?

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

You'll need time, lots of it, to research the watch you're interested in. You can look at pictures from the manufacture's and dealers websites, read reviews right here on this forum and other forums as well. Get as much information you can and study them well, that will be a start to know what to look for.

Reactions: NHADAD

Kwigyboo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
USA

ANTI-HUMANITY!

Jasonp

30/10/19
With loose I mean the bracelet is not stiff like my gen one, but it’s more “loose”, as if it had been used for a few years.

I also went to my watchmaker for a movement adjustment and silenced it too with a drop of oil. It is also waterproof above 50 meters.
I find my JF bracelet to be very rigid,,not much movement on the wrist after wearing it daily for a month or so ,,a lovely fit after removing four links to fit my 7 in wrist,,,clasp has that re-assuring snap when fastening ,,no slack ,,

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17

Arguing won’t end well my friend. Delete them you have been warned a couple times now...

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
With loose I mean the bracelet is not stiff like my gen one, but it’s more “loose”, as if it had been used for a few years.

I also went to my watchmaker for a movement adjustment and silenced it too with a drop of oil. It is also waterproof above 50 meters.

Waterproof ? Nice to read that.
Couød it be a new trend ?

Sent from the RWI App

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Waterproof ? Nice to read that.
Couød it be a new trend ?

Sent from the RWI App

If his watch maker opened the case back for the other jobs chances are he lubed the o rings when re assembling. Most reps are water resistant if you do this.

guessit

17/11/19
If his watch maker opened the case back for the other jobs chances are he lubed the o rings when re assembling. Most reps are water resistant if you do this.

He did not touched o rings, I was there with him. He did two tests for each watch: before and after opening them, and both tests went well. The mkf Nautilus has not been opened.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
He did not touched o rings, I was there with him. He did two tests for each watch: before and after opening them, and both tests went well. The mkf Nautilus has not been opened.

Fair play man i can’t fault that. I don't think I’ve ever tested a watch i didn't lube up first but i guess i’m just extra careful. Silicone lube is your friend when it comes to wr!

Reactions: guessit

Janda

8/8/19
Would love to see a movement shot from a purchaser. From the dealer pics I've seen the deco plate is lacking compared to others BUT the rotor looks great!

Every rep rotor I have seen has been the same until now. The "Audemars Piguet" was too wide, with the T ending after the stars not between, and the machined depression in the centre where it attaches was on the wrong angle(too steep) and not wide enough. Both of these faults look to be corrected by ZF, and also the colour. Good times.

pkincy

Looking Around
8/10/19
Re: The bracelets; loose or tight are hard qualities to understand unless you are there. Let me try. If I set each of the 3 watches on their face with the bracelets closed, the Z+F sags the most, followed by the Gen, with the JF V5 sagging the least. In other words the bracelet forms a near perfect oval with the JF and with the Gen I get maybe a 3/8ths in sag at the clasp and with the Z+F I get about a 3/4 in sag in the middle at the clasp. And frankly I can't really call any of them "rough." If I am being really nitpicky I would call the Gen a smoother wearing bracelet but the difference is so subtle I never notice. My JF is a blue dial, but both my gen and the Z+F are black dials and between the two I can see no noticeable difference from the top or sides even with a 3.5 power loupe unless of course I look at the movement. There are quite a few tells there the larges of course being the orientation of the movement. I can tell the difference between the thickness of the Gen and the JF but it is not all that great as my JF calipers out at 10.2 mm. The Z+F is a bit under 10 mm and my Gen is 9.9 mm with my calipers which unfortunately are plastic so those measurements may be relative but not accurate. I frankly am blown away by the accuracy on the dial and the hands of the Z+F. Again if I am being very nitpicky I might be forced to say the date wheel on the Z+F is a part of a tenth of a mm below the bottom of the dial where the Gen it is right up against the back of the dial. But again that takes a LED flashlight and a loupe to make that statement.

Last edited: