• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/10/18
ASIA
Thinking so hard between the black and blue dial haha

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Thinking so hard between the black and blue dial haha

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Get both, lol.

VqiglK.jpg

Reactions: smegma

bullzeye

Horology Curious
2/11/16
I was thinking Grey first but then just went for Blue. My logic is that the chance of bumping into someone with a Gen blue dial to compare is next to nil so you wouldn’t really know if the colour is that different.

guessit

17/11/19
I just received my black zf 15400 and it’s a great piece even if there are some flaws especially when you take it in your hand. Bracelet is a bit loose and doesn’t have that feeling of a new high-end watch bracelet, it’s like it were used. The steel is a bit rough in hand, not perfectly smooth like a gen or like my mkf Nautilus. Nevertheless it’s a wonderful bracelet and the watch is really beautiful

LxOq4.jpg

LxYXI.jpg

Lxos1.jpg

LxIZj.jpg

Lxybc.jpg

Lx9UX.jpg

LxnQi.jpg

guessit

17/11/19
guessit beautiful! Is the clasp flimsy too?

Nope, clasp is really solid. The logo moves slightly but imperceptibly. I repeat, it is not perfect and smooth like my MKF v5 Nautilus, but it is still a wonderful watch and I would buy it again.

Last edited:

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
Very, very nice photos !!!
I will put one in order as soon as I got my DD40 from PT

Reactions: guessit

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
If you compere JF vs this bracelet what is your opinion? Thx

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Reactions: Rolemars

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
And does someone know if the plots can take OEM straps?

guessit

17/11/19
If you compere JF vs this bracelet what is your opinion? Thx

I don't have a JF, sorry. I can compare the ZF bracelet vs a gen bracelet. The ZF is rough, a bit loose, almost sharp. The gen one is smooth, soft, without imperfections.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The gen one is smooth, soft, without imperfections.
Not always true. My gen 15500 bracelet had sharp edges and my gen 15400 bracelet had roughness which I have to take care of myself. You need to own enough gen APs to know the minor problems which exist and they definitely do. They are not always perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guessit

17/11/19
Not always true. My gen 15500 bracelet had sharp edges and my gen 15400 bracelet had roughness which I have to take care of myself. You need to own enough gen APs to know the minor problems which exist and they definitely do. They are not always perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that legend, I own only a 14790 gen

MM070

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/18
The brushing looks so deep and heavy, not like JF. Is gen like that nowadays?

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Looking very good in black! JF has definitively lost the battle it seems!
Also curious to know what the bracelet feels like compared to JF. And what you mean with "loose". :)

edit: JF bracelet is also a bit rough around the edges, kind of expected due to the sharp nature it.

Last edited:

guessit

17/11/19
Looking very good in black! JF has definitively lost the battle it seems!
Also curious to know what the bracelet feels like compared to JF. And what you mean with "loose". :)

edit: JF bracelet is also a bit rough around the edges, kind of expected due to the sharp nature it.

With loose I mean the bracelet is not stiff like my gen one, but it’s more “loose”, as if it had been used for a few years.

I also went to my watchmaker for a movement adjustment and silenced it too with a drop of oil. It is also waterproof above 50 meters.

Last edited: