• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

T'Challa

Getting To Know The Place
22/7/19
The feel i get from looking at a gen 15202 is a very perfect shade of blue and ice white markers, with the dial giving off a slight shiny sunburst when you tilt it towards light.
The tapisserie of the gen never "jumps" out at you when looking at it. (not sure how to explain it - like a uniform, subtle, muted, almost flat effect UNTIL you tilt it slightly and you notice how beautiful the shade of blue really is).

That's probably why some feel the V1's tapisserie is more gen-like as it has that muted effect whereas the V2's tapisserie is too pronouced IMO (you somehow notice all the squares).
However, Sonofalich 's V2 piece is the best I've seen in outdoor "sunlight" in terms of the almost perfectly white markers and amazing shade of blue.

Beautiful pics mate! Especially pics 2 , 3, and 6 (quoted below)! Curious though, does the tapisserie "jump" at you like i mentioned above if viewed with the naked eye?

For those of you interested in version 2. This is what my example looks like.
Please bare in my mind... I live in the UK and although this is the outside. We haven't yet discovered the sun...
(NOT LIKE IT IS SUMMER OR ANYTHING)

Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The feel i get from looking at a gen 15202 is a very perfect shade of blue and ice white markers, with the dial giving off a slight shiny sunburst when you tilt it towards light.
The tapisserie of the gen never "jumps" out at you when looking at it. (not sure how to explain it - like a uniform, subtle, muted, almost flat effect UNTIL you tilt it slightly and you notice how beautiful the shade of blue really is).

That's probably why some feel the V1's tapisserie is more gen-like as it has that muted effect whereas the V2's tapisserie is too pronouced IMO (you somehow notice all the squares).
However, Sonofalich 's V2 piece is the best I've seen in outdoor "sunlight" in terms of the almost perfectly white markers and amazing shade of blue.

Beautiful pics mate! Especially pics 2 , 3, and 6 (quoted below)! Curious though, does the tapisserie "jump" at you like i mentioned above if viewed with the naked eye?

I think that the XF is good enough for the price. We cannot compare the rep to the gen, unless you also compare the prices.
Also, remember that in Wakanda, there are no AP boutiques, so you have to buy from rep TDs like everyone else. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and tdk1010

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

to make the V2 look good in the picture you need to find the right inclinations. In general, the feeling when comparing V1 and V2 is that V2 seems much flatter and less gen like. Remember that there are 2 variants of the V1 (the first series has more sunburst). For me, all I have to do is solve the lumen of the hour markers and the V1 is perfect (obviously in V1 it is necessary to check that the screws of the bezel are not too far towards the edge)

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

although I do agree on the feeling as well, overall dials are looking wrong at the first look, I kind of disagree on the photo presented as the color is off.
for me the most color "genlike" presented when reading last pages would be this dial.- of course just talking about color, texture wise, like you mentioned very well Gen is different :

shot posted page 148 ...
if the other flaws were fixed, I would probably had doubts on this one, texture not being sharp enough to judge and color being quite close to gen.... the other shots you posted are showing dials out in color and texture as you mentioned (if these are supposed to imitate a MK3 version, of course)...
the overall dial including date and texture has less volume on the gen that's why you feel it is less "in your face" probably.

Sonofalich

James
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
to make the V2 look good in the picture you need to find the right inclinations. In general, the feeling when comparing V1 and V2 is that V2 seems much flatter and less gen like. Remember that there are 2 variants of the V1 (the first series has more sunburst). For me, all I have to do is solve the lumen of the hour markers and the V1 is perfect (obviously in V1 it is necessary to check that the screws of the bezel are not too far towards the edge)

I think you have a very strange bias. I showed you pictures of my V2 to quash your unfounded worries and also you have never seen a V2 in real life. I certainly didn't take those with any intended inclination to make it look better... I copied the angles you took so that you could see.

You're talking without having ever seen V2 in real life. So please, don't talk like you know what you're talking about. Your entire judgement is based off of pictures. I'm telling you now, if you get a V2 with decent lume. It is remarkable in real life. Pictures do not do many things justice, these watches are one of those areas that pictures fall short on.

I work in the financial districts of London, I have seen many expensive watches in my life. I have seen the 15202 in person multiple times, without scrutinizing these watches, you wouldn't know from your average glance. It's that simple. The XF V2 is a fantastic rep out of the box.

No it's quite flat on the dial. You must look at under angles to see it. Plus from wrist distance, it just looks as if the dial is textured. It's not a flat bluey grey, like say a Rolex dial, it's different. So although it doesn't jump out. You certainly know it has something to the dial. Not sure if that helps :p

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
... I have seen the 15202 in person multiple times, without scrutinizing these watches, you wouldn't know from your average glance. It's that simple. The XF V2 is a fantastic rep out of the box.

well, If you can't see the difference without scrutinizing it, that's good for your wallet and also for your personal satisfaction.

Nevertheless here that wouldn't be correct to spread such message. Do not get me wrong, I would just moderate your sentence as follow:

1--> "once someone (with an expertise of this model) is able to read time on your wrist (arm distance), he knows it is a rep",

BUT (and then you're right)

2--> "as long as he can't read the time there can be a doubt" (bad view or "long" distance).

just my 2 cts

T'Challa

22/7/19
I think that the XF is good enough for the price. We cannot compare the rep to the gen, unless you also compare the prices.
Also, remember that in Wakanda, there are no AP boutiques, so you have to buy from rep TDs like everyone else. :hehehe:

HAHAHA yes sir! Your picture looks like the warrior panther my country worships.
Anyway for the record, i was attempting to praise the V2. Amazing white markers. My bad if it came across like one of those "oh its not gen-like enough" complaints.

"deh english dat we speakth in Wakanda, is nutt goot anuff for deh rrrrrrrest of deh wherl yet"

Cheers!

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
HAHAHA yes sir! Your picture looks like the warrior panther my country worships.
Anyway for the record, i was attempting to praise the V2. Amazing white markers. My bad if it came across like one of those "oh its not gen-like enough" complaints.

"deh english dat we speakth in Wakanda, is nutt goot anuff for deh rrrrrrrest of deh wherl yet"

Cheers!

Lol I think that you did fine and my comment was more a general one directed toward the whiners... except for the Wakanda bit of course mate, that was specifically for you.

And for the record, #wakandaforever all day long T’Challa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amaiel

Certified
27/4/16

lolololol your jew newyorker sense of humour hasn't success.....:p:p:p:p:p:p

srhoque

Respected Member
28/11/18

Got my V2 today. Very pleased so far. One QC pic and one I took just now. Will try to make more and some better ones tomorrow.

Those green marker QC pics have all gone white in your second pics. Did you take the pics after a while outside?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I'm no expert (as I don't own one) but after studying the recent irl pics on this thread it seems that the green comes out most in low light condition (like in the evening) and even more if the markers has been charged.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
You're talking without having ever seen V2 in real life. So please, don't talk like you know what you're talking about. Your entire judgement is based off of pictures. I'm telling you now, if you get a V2 with decent lume. It is remarkable in real life. Pictures do not do many things justice, these watches are one of those areas that pictures fall short on.

Like 90% of the users in here. I own a v1. If i had to trust what it was written here I would have never bought it..Reality luckily tells a different story.

T'Challa

22/7/19
That is a nice shot! Looking forward to more pics!
Does anyone have a non close up (like at wrist distance when you wish to look at the time) capture?

King Louis

24/6/20

Here are some more pictures for you.

Overall, I am really impressed.

Case and bezel are awesome. The bracelet is a little sharp on the edges but after a soapy bath and some light polishing it has already gotten better.
The clasp opens and closes like a charm after applying a few drops of nano oil.
The yellow lume of the markers is visible under certain angles and light conditions, but it is a lot less obnoxious than I expected after seing the QC pictures.
The prominence of the tapisserie, too, changes with different angles and lighting conditions.
The dial has is quite a sunbursty effect when exposed to direct sunlight.
The timegrapher showed on average -35 sec/day, 280 degrees and 0.0 ms out of the box. Not a very accurate, but a healthy movement. Without the second hand, accuracy does not bother me too much. I’ll wear it for a couple of weeks and then report back on its performance. If the accuracy does not change, I’ll probably ask my watchmaker to regulate it. If the yellow lume turns out to be annoying, I might get that fixed at the same time, too.
I can’t compare it with the gen because I’ve never seen one up close, but as I’ll never be able to spend 40k on a watch, I am really happy with the V2.

smallgi2018

16/8/18
Here are some more pictures for you.

Overall, I am really impressed.

Case and bezel are awesome. The bracelet is a little sharp on the edges but after a soapy bath and some light polishing it has already gotten better.
The clasp opens and closes like a charm after applying a few drops of nano oil.
The yellow lume of the markers is visible under certain angles and light conditions, but it is a lot less obnoxious than I expected after seing the QC pictures.
The prominence of the tapisserie, too, changes with different angles and lighting conditions.
The dial has is quite a sunbursty effect when exposed to direct sunlight.
The timegrapher showed on average -35 sec/day, 280 degrees and 0.0 ms out of the box. Not a very accurate, but a healthy movement. Without the second hand, accuracy does not bother me too much. I’ll wear it for a couple of weeks and then report back on its performance. If the accuracy does not change, I’ll probably ask my watchmaker to regulate it. If the yellow lume turns out to be annoying, I might get that fixed at the same time, too.
I can’t compare it with the gen because I’ve never seen one up close, but as I’ll never be able to spend 40k on a watch, I am really happy with the V2.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing it. Looks nice on your wrist.
I totally agree and have the same feeling as you do.