• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrist Shot on Steering Wheel thread

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Rolex Vs Omega Deep Sea Challenge part 1

It is now the time of year that the Dubai Ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is currently here as 15th July (yesterday) was his birthday and he and all his entourage are in residence at his palace 2 houses down from us.
He is here every year at this time, the helicopters are buzzing around overhead, the huge coach and various armoured Mercedes and Range Rovers plus the armed Security are all in prescence.

I thought I would take a couple of wristshots looking across Loch Duich towards his palace, which can be seen partially hidden by trees, above and to the left of the orange disc at the Kintail jetty.

Yesterdays and later todays pictures are showing the 2 Deep Sea Challenge watches which are in a sub display I created below my main watch display cabinet.

This is a watch I bought and modified as Omega didn't build any of the actual Victor Vescovo watch which went all the way to the bottom of the Mariana Trench. It's close looks wise, but will likely get upgraded at some point by re-casing it in a Titanium Clamshell Lug case.
It initially beat the 11000m Rolex DeepSea Challenge watch until Rolex teamed up with Comex and then produced the 12000m watch which is the one I will feature later today, several other Forum members have these too.

Last edited:
Reactions: C Master

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
hZYSNL.jpeg