• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrist Shot on Steering Wheel thread

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere

I'm happy for ya that you decided to pull the trigger, I've never claimed to be anything other than a bad influence :ROFLMAO:

Legendary performance and handling even by todays standards, and more so back in the good old days when they were plentiful, nowadays they will still outperform a lotta the so called "fast" cars, and an appreciating asset as well !!

Enjoy it my friend, life is too short not to (y)

Reactions: Cubby and C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I'm happy for ya that you decided to pull the trigger, I've never claimed to be anything other than a bad influence :ROFLMAO:

Legendary performance and handling even by todays standards, and more so back in the good old days when they were plentiful, nowadays they will still outperform a lotta the so called "fast" cars, and an appreciating asset as well !!

It definitely out accelerated most of the shiny new things on the motorway today. I had to stop at two toll booths. It was like a horse out of the traps. It definitely left all the shiny new BMWs and Mercs in its wake. I will not mention the speed I brought it up to but I can tell you it handles like a dream at high speeds, for a vintage car that needs some work. It is like wrestling a baby elephant to park it at low speeds lol.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
It definitely out accelerated most of the shiny new things on the motorway today. I had to stop at two toll booths. It was like a horse out of the traps. It definitely left all the shiny new BMWs and Mercs in its wake. I will not mention the speed I brought it up to but I can tell you it handles like a dream at high speeds, for a vintage car that needs some work.
It will do (y) When you get the niggly bits finished off bring it up here and I'll show ya what can be done to make it faster :D

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
I keep meaning to take this picture, in my rented sports pack SUV middle aged man EV, (the sort of vehicle anoher man who wears Hey Dudes and shouts a lot sees, and likely thinks or perhaps even says “wanker” and means it in respect of the vehicle’s unseen driver, rather than being secretly impressed with it) but every time I seriously contemplate what I’m about to do, as my hand creeps across the steering wheel, I have a minor existential crisis.

In absolute truth, I’m unclear whether I’d be being a massive wanker ironically or unironically. And that, friends, scares me.

Perhaps I would transcend wankerdom entirely, and become what in my childhood was called a “tow truck job”, whereby one is perceived to think oneself so amazing - to be “so far up oneself” as it were - that the only way to pull yourself out of yourself, would be via tow truck.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
I keep meaning to take this picture, in my rented sports pack SUV middle aged man EV, (the sort of vehicle anoher man who wears Hey Dudes and shouts a lot sees, and likely thinks or perhaps even says “wanker” and means it in respect of the vehicle’s unseen driver, rather than being secretly impressed with it) but every time I seriously contemplate what I’m about to do, as my hand creeps across the steering wheel, I have a minor existential crisis.

In absolute truth, I’m unclear whether I’d be being a massive wanker ironically or unironically. And that, friends, scares me.

Perhaps I would transcend wankerdom entirely, and become what in my childhood was called a “tow truck job”, whereby one is perceived to think oneself so amazing - to be “so far up oneself” as it were - that the only way to pull yourself out of yourself, would be via tow truck.
You’re overthinking it, just post it.

Cubby

11/4/24

The issue with the 928 is that it was way ahead of its time and misunderstood, when you see it in todays world it 100% perfect. You got me looking on EBay and Autotrader now :) Enjoy your car

Cubby

11/4/24
The issue with the 928 is that it was way ahead of its time and misunderstood, when you see it in todays world it 100% perfect. You got me looking on EBay and Autotrader now :) Enjoy your car
Placed a bid on an 1983 car tax and Mot exempt so I can drive round London in it

• Love

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I keep meaning to take this picture,

Go for it my fiend, IIRC it wasn't you that chose the electricamabob vehiciculate, so we won't diss you.
Others here post EV wristshots, me personally will be looking at the watch, not the car ;)

As many here know, I dislike them, mainly because despite all the hype,they are not suitable for anyone living in rural areas, or travelling long distances regularly, and the worst thing of all is that they definitely aren't environmentally friendly.