• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrist Shot on Steering Wheel thread

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
My knowledge of 7750 is limited to replica Daytonas, and I've found about 50% give grief and the other half go on for years, no experience of sec @12's and so I'm just guessing in the AP RO Offshores that 7750 will give similar geartrain grief to sec @6's.

Of course now your probably gonna tell me that one is a Gen :D
The 3 Quartz AP Reps I have bought since last November are the only real knowledge I have of AP's :ROFLMAO:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
My knowledge of 7750 is limited to replica Daytonas, and I've found about 50% give grief and the other half go on for years, no experience of sec @12's and so I'm just guessing in the AP RO Offshores that 7750 will give similar geartrain grief to sec @6's.

Of course now your probably gonna tell me that one is a Gen :D
The 3 Quartz AP Reps I have bought since last November are the only real knowledge I have of AP's :ROFLMAO:
Do not get into APs lol. If you thought the power boat hobby was bad.......................

The Sec@12 is really complicated and there is a lot of modifying the 7750 to accommodate it. I have seen various fixes but none of them work long term. My watchmaker said that watch has laser precision in terms of accuracy, +1sec p/d which he said is a shame because it is such a poor movement. However the deco plates had to be removed as the amplitude drooped to the floor with them on.

Reactions: Dave2302

torontotbr

Known Member
25/8/23
sweet thread

How do you guys that seemingly like to save 10-30k on gen watches (broad generalization) justify spending 10s or 100s of thousands on luxury cars? is it the case of rep watches being very close to gen whereas cheaper cars are far away from luxury ones?

curious to hear any thoughts! love this thread

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Modified 7750 Daytona, with red hand conversion and jubillee bracelet, well modded Land Rover Discovery II "D15KOE"

Reactions: C Master