• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrist Shot on Steering Wheel thread

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Sunburst green Submariner, Land Rover Discovery II, D15KOE, coming down our driveway facing Mam Ratagan, (not in pic, the mam is to the rear of ours land across the loch). The Mam has a very steep single track hairpin twisty going up it and down again into Glenelg and on to Arnisdale. That road is great fun to drive when no tourists about to spoil the fun, especially in the V8 Brabus SLK with the roof down. Lunch in Glenelg or further on to Arnisdale and a nice blast back again. Also fun to drive in winter snice in the D15KOE with his huge chunky Tyres and the Diff locks engaged.

I'll see if I got time tomorrow to take y'all for a drive up Carr Brae which has some beautiful views across Lock Duich and a great view from above of Eilean Donan Castle :giggle:

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Well, my large Car Port project was rained off earlier, so I took Mels wee Spog, (reg number starts "SP09") up and over Carr Brae as planned.

I haven't been up there recently, jeez, full of pot holes, and the roadside view points have not had the shrubbery cut back at all, so I'll have to split the pictures separate, Steering Wheel first lol, then out of the car to get a better viewing height over the wild shrubbery with the watch on wrist, and finally an in focus shot of the scenery.

I took 2 watches, my Smurf Submariner, and the cheapie Black Submariner, my "workshop daily beater watch". This Black Sub was my first purchase when I joined RWI. It was a £50 clearance item from a UK TD, entirely my fault the movement broke, lets just say operator error :ROFLMAO:
Last week it was refurbished by me with a new Japan Miyota movement and a Rubber Oysterflex Strap.

The Steering Wheel :ROFLMAO: :-

Smurf Sub in the foreground with Eilean Donan Castle background :-

Eilean Donan Castle from the same view point which is about halfway up from Dornie side :-

Black Sub, with Letterfearn on the far side of Loch Duich in background :-

Letterfearn from the same view point which is close to the summit atop of Carr Brae, Mam Ratagan is behind in the distance :-

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Today's offering is a bittie late, as we've been to Inverness to pick our Grandson up, so I took the AMG E Class Wagon and yet another Rolex, this time my GMT Pepsi with Meteorite Dial. Shots taken from a gateway halfway ish along Lock Ness....

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Today, a wee run out to Dornie, our local village with 2 different juicers (pubs) in the D15KOE :giggle:

Loch Duich which our lands sits on is joined by Loch Long just the other side of the Dornie Bridge, in this pic we are facing NW looking upstream of Loch Long. Today's is my White Dial Rolex Yachtmaster 1

Edited, some dumb ass put the wrong "scenery in focus" picture in yesterday, but it coulda been a whole lot worse :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Pic from earlier in the year...

KGDFTo.jpeg

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Photo's taken from Dornie today ........

Loch Long again, this time facing downstream, where Loch Long meets Loch Duich under the Dornie Bridge.
Eilan Donan Castle is just to the left and outta sight in this pic.

Today's is my White Dial Daytona 116520 modified with red centre sec and red sub-dial hands and a Jubillee Bracelet with Glide Lock Clasp.