• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why not DHGate?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
d7ab5f424de573a7c31d0ae21d7790ea.jpg

Here's a pic of it. As far as feeling how it is on the wrist, it's probably not going to tell you much. The bracelet is so light and chintzy. Crown movement is like a dollar store watch.

I do see your point though. Kind of like a rep of a rep to try it out. That's what I was essentially going. Also I just had to see how these DH watches are. My WBK time is right in the middle as far as price and quality. It's very wearable. This one isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But really there's no need to try a rep of a rep. Say you decide you like it so you order the best version from a td, it won't br easy to flip this on m2m and get your money back. But if you order the td version to begin with but you decide you don't like it you should be able to get almost all your money back selling it to another member.

And like you said, what does it really tell you cosidering how poor of an example you have.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: WilliamLawrenceLee

ssouthall6

Respected Member
10/10/13
Stifles new ideas?! LOL. This isn't a new idea, plenty of members tried it many times. Sure you may get lucky with the odd watch but you won't with the next one. Someone will always do everything cheaper than your current supplier, it doesn't mean they will do it better. If I pay Sead a 40% premium then I'm happy because he's earned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

I know.... dead horse... DHGate $80 reps are less cool.... but you get the point, conversation about things needs to stay open.
If you disagree, say so. But always encourage questions and discussion.
We are all here to learn. :)

End of thread?

desectro

Getting To Know The Place
27/2/15
I think it's safe to go for "selected" watch suppliers listed in dhgate. It's okay if ure going for less than 100usd reps. As selected suppliers takes care of their reputation for ratings. They would want to settle any disputes as soon as possible. Unsure about higher end reps like Noob or Jf reps

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I know.... dead horse... DHGate $80 reps are less cool.... but you get the point, conversation about things needs to stay open.

End of thread?

You said it yourself. Dead horse. Beating it any further won't resurrect it. Believe me, if someone comes along with anything better then the other dealers can either adapt or get pushed to the wayside.

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
I went against all of my instincts and experience and bought a $60 watch from DHG, it came with a missing hour marker and the seller although very responsive didn't sort anything and gave me a $10 shop voucher which of course I will never use.

I knew that it was probably going to end badly and it did so I'm pissed at myself for throwing $60 into the rubbish bin when I already knew better.

It won't happen again.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I went against all of my instincts and experience and bought a $60 watch from DHG, it came with a missing hour marker and the seller although very responsive didn't sort anything and gave me a $10 shop voucher which of course I will never use.

I knew that it was probably going to end badly and it did so I'm pissed at myself for throwing $60 into the rubbish bin when I already knew better.

It won't happen again.

Yeah lure you in with those $10 vouchers, thinking you'll save $10 on the next purchase when in reality they're making you spend another $50 for another potentially disappointing watch.

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
Yeah lure you in with those $10 vouchers, thinking you'll save $10 on the next purchase when in reality they're making you spend another $50 for another potentially disappointing watch.

Exactly, and as if I want to buy from a seller that has disappointed me on the first purchase anyway.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

End of thread?

I think it so - I hope so - this whole thread, it's just a waste of cyberspace.

Your fatuous platitudes - 'encourage conversations/discussions for the good of the hobby moving forward to improve things blaablaablaablaa' are infantile - if you want to buy of DHGate, do it - plenty of others do - but like a meth habit, it's best you keep it to yourself.

D

d4m.test

I had to google the words you used to insult me.
Good job discouraging the thread and bringing me down in a single post.

-fatuosing platituder

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I had to google the words you used to insult me.
Good job discouraging the thread and bringing me down in a single post.

-fatuosing platituder

I'm not alone in trying to discourage this thread from continuing - it's a waste of cyberspace.

Would you like your Mom to come and collect you ?

D

d4m.test

I tried to end it.
Then someone reposted it.

End of thread now??

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I'm not alone in trying to discourage this thread from continuing - it's a waste of cyberspace.

Would you like your Mom to come and collect you ?

No but I like a good, hard spanking from mamma.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

D

d4m.test

Hi, I discovered this forum after coming across it in watchrep on Reddit. I am looking for an IWC. In the meantime I am across a Rolex Airking on DHGate, I have an gen Airking and just wanted a new one. While I wait for the Airking to arrive I wanted to research a couple of IWCs. On DHGate I see them for $40, with great reviews but I think I will pass, and go with a TD. There is no way the IWC is going to work properly from a DHgate vendor. Also one of the major watch sellers on DHGate ,Jason007, has removed all watches from his site. He has been selling them for several years.

Sent from the RWI App

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
Why not buy pills off the street instead of being prescribed them?

D

d4m.test

After reading this forum for awhile. It makes me wonder if my Gens are actually real. They were all gifts from family.

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

I did buy a fake Cartier bracelet. It was quite good. But I can tell it is fake.

Sent from the RWI App