• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why not DHGate?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Also if you buy a rep from a non-TD for $300 which our TD sells for $240 expect to take a loss if you ever want to sell it in m2m

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Anyways, the good roiexx guy supposedly has a 2 year warranty, according to him. Weather or not he would honor it, who knows. I stick to the TDs now, but I'm not afraid of dhgate

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
You put a member on a "no buy list" because they bought a watch off dhgate? Seems awkward ?

Sent from the RWI App
Short sighted thinking, and threats stifles growth and new ideas...

This is how strongly people feel about the quality recieved from DHgate. I honestly don't blame them. You can recieve some quality products sure but it is more of a hit or miss than myself and others care to deal with. Consistency is key.

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
Anyways, the good roiexx guy supposedly has a 2 year warranty, according to him. Weather or not he would honor it, who knows. I stick to the TDs now, but I'm not afraid of dhgate

Id be pretty hard pressed to believe a DHgate store would even be operating for two years, let alone one.

D

d4m.test

Again, this is a long term hobby.
I support TDs.

It is healthy to keep discussing open and constructive.

DHGate reps might be gone in 3 months... who knows.

A better Portal for TDs might open up.

Here is the place to discuss things

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Again, this is a long term hobby.
I support TDs.

It is healthy to keep discussing open and constructive.

DHGate reps might be gone in 3 months... who knows.

A better Portal for TDs might open up.

Here is the place to discuss things

So how many watches have you bought in support of TDs? What portal are you referring to? Is it a website like DHGate or are you referring to the TDs individual websites?

D

d4m.test

So how many watches have you bought in support of TDs? What portal are you referring to? Is it a website like DHGate or are you referring to the TDs individual websites?

How many reps have I bought from RWI TDs, 0.
Portals for sales: this is one, their websites are another.
Is there Website like DHGate but better: don't think so.

Everything changes with time. We all should be helping to keep this great and make things better.

I know DHGate sucks.... and TDs are amazing.
I'm just trying to learn more and discuss...

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
How many reps have I bought from RWI TDs, 0.
Portals for sales: this is one, their websites are another.
Is there Website like DHGate but better: don't think so.

Everything changes with time. We all should be helping to keep this great and make things better.

I know DHGate sucks.... and TDs are amazing.
I'm just trying to learn more and discuss...

Sent from the RWI App

LOL Don't use the "everything changes with time" argument with me. I've been here longer than you've been in diapers (well unless you wore diapers until the 5th grade). :lol: I've seen dealers/modders/watchmakers/strapmakers come and go and sometimes come back again. What is the point of your thread exactly? Because if you know DHGate sucks and TDs are "amazing" (empty praise coming from you) then why?

As a website DHGate was designed to be a commercial portal, so it's certainly geared towards selling you stuff. But they aren't blatantly selling replicas. If they were then they'd be shut down immediately. Do they have a forum to discuss replicas? No. So in that regard RWI is a better portal for replica sales than DHGate.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Just ordered a 70 EUR Patek Nautilus from DHgate, because of positive comments I've read on this forum.
70 bop won't hurt as much as 400 if it goes south.

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
Just ordered a 70 EUR Patek Nautilus from DHgate, because of positive comments I've read on this forum.

I doubt spending 400 from a TD would go south, especially if you have good QC pics. The only thing that could happen is DOA watch and that can be resolved with a TD. You also pay for what you get with those kinds of things. And with watches through TD's when you dont fancy them as much as anticipated - let it go on m2m. They usually hold value rather well.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
I doubt spending 400 from a TD would go south, especially if you have good QC pics. The only thing that could happen is DOA watch and that can be resolved with a TD. You also pay for what you get with those kinds of things. And with watches through TD's when you dont fancy them as much as anticipated - let it go on m2m. They usually hold value rather well.
But we were talking about DHGate, none of the selers on there are TD's here...

D

d4m.test

I have $100 dhgate reps and they don't hold a candle to noob jf bp tc etc. danlee is right, you get what you pay for !

watchdog21

I'm Pretty Popular
22/4/15
FLA in the USA
If you get a good seller and ask questions you can get good results but yes if things go wrong you are on your own. My recent 116610lv was a good deal for me. Spent $75, got some QS pics before he shipped and the overall quality is perfect FOR ME. With all of that I have also set a dollar limit. I won't spend more than $125 ( the limit I am willing to loose out on if all goes to crap). If I want top quality and protection then its a no brainer, TD all the way.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
DHGate serves its purpose. You can find okay reps there for not much money. Presuming you find a reliable seller first (that is the main issue with DHGate sellers). But as you go up the price ladder, the law of diminishing returns favors the TDs because of the system in place here.

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Although TDs are amazing, but remember do not expect they find the perfect watch for you. Check the QC pic carefully as if it comes from DHgate.

gocougs

15/5/16

I just did the same. It was pretty shitty. I wish I didn't buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
I just did the same. It was pretty shitty. I wish I didn't buy it.

Lol don't expect too much of it, but just wondering how it sits on my wrist before ordering a decent one. If it sucks I have something other than a pam to tinker with [emoji23]

Sent from the depths of my creative imagination...
Sincerely - Natas78

gocougs

15/5/16
d7ab5f424de573a7c31d0ae21d7790ea.jpg

Here's a pic of it. As far as feeling how it is on the wrist, it's probably not going to tell you much. The bracelet is so light and chintzy. Crown movement is like a dollar store watch.

I do see your point though. Kind of like a rep of a rep to try it out. That's what I was essentially going. Also I just had to see how these DH watches are. My WBK time is right in the middle as far as price and quality. It's very wearable. This one isn't.