• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why buy gens?

M20nba

Known Member
Certified
17/12/21
I personally have my gens locked in a safe & take it out on maybe special occasions. In London watches are getting robbed left, right and centre, rather get robbed/lose a rep than a gen.

Reactions: restandrelaxation

M20nba

Known Member
Certified
17/12/21
imagine getting locked up for robbing a clean factory. lmao
Trust me some people are doing jail time for that as we speak. There was a rapper who robbed an elderly guy for his watch, used his mums car etc police tracked it down. The watch was a fake 😂

rusalkamoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
7/3/22
Trust me some people are doing jail time for that as we speak. There was a rapper who robbed an elderly guy for his watch, used his mums car etc police tracked it down. The watch was a fake
Yeah but I doubt the guy reported his watch, he reported the assault probably, which by itself is rewarded with jailtime. Or maybe Im wrong

Soyla355

Supporter
Certified
22/4/16
I guess it depends on what gens call out to you. Some brands I can't picture spending any money on. For example I love the bulova lunar, but hardly anything else gets my attention from the Bulova catalog. In terms of higher end gens there are plenty of neo vintage pieces that are and more reasonable prices than the brand new AD models. I think if you're going to buy gen, it's also important to be reasonable financially. Of course this can mean different things to different people.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
good question, i dont know. anybody care to elaborate?

Of course, you don’t need to tell the police it’s fake it’s not like they’re gonna ask for proof. The person who’s been robbed is not under suspicion. Lol

They care about the robbery it doesn’t matter what they rob.

Last edited:
Reactions: rusalkamoto

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Police will probably only ask you if it's your watch. without opening the case, it would really take an experienced eye to detect a rep in this context

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
university memory GIF

AXROCK

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/23
Green Bay, WI
Completely agree. I bought a gen Hulk submariner from an AD in the Caribbean in 2015, for the dollar equivalent of £5900. I came home and within weeks I was hearing about a huge demand for that model, and then a long subsequent waiting list. I'll concede it was pure luck, and I had no idea it would happen. I chose it purely because I had bought a green emerald ring days earlier, and I wanted a matching watch.

However they then discontinued the Hulk a couple of years back, and that watch now sells for 3 times what I paid. There is zero investment I can think of that would give me that kind of return, in less than 7 years...

If you're talking about pure luck, £5900 of bitcoin in 2015 would have been worth about £350,00 now...

silentcut

Known Member
28/6/23
Hawaii
I'm in Hawaii. Here i can easily wear all my genuine watches outside, but when i go on trips to europe i wear cheaper genuine watches. Once i get some replica, then maybe i can start wearing those instead on trips and also at my workplace in active construction sites.

Sumo86

8/1/23
Uk
Only about 3% of the people I interact with (lots of different ones each week due work) ever comment on the watch I'm wearing from a pumpkin PO to a Belkin PV Panerai. Wearing a VSF subby almost daily gets very very few notices...so part of me thinks...what would be the point

Then last week, a mate of mine wearing a gen skydweller, had a lil hood thug outside the Connaught hotel in London (his wife and he had just finished dinner and we're heading on for drinks) says "man gets shanked for a Rollie like dat around here bruv"

Quick turn into the side door of the Connaught and off to bed...reckons they'd been clocked by a busboy or waiter or barman and that info passed on to some undesirables...it's a thing

So at that point a £350 VSF ain't so bad to lose 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🪓

silentcut

Known Member
28/6/23
Hawaii
Only about 3% of the people I interact with (lots of different ones each week due work) ever comment on the watch I'm wearing from a pumpkin PO to a Belkin PV Panerai. Wearing a VSF subby almost daily gets very very few notices...so part of me thinks...what would be the point

Then last week, a mate of mine wearing a gen skydweller, had a lil hood thug outside the Connaught hotel in London (his wife and he had just finished dinner and we're heading on for drinks) says "man gets shanked for a Rollie like dat around here bruv"

Quick turn into the side door of the Connaught and off to bed...reckons they'd been clocked by a busboy or waiter or barman and that info passed on to some undesirables...it's a thing

That's insane. Hence why i don't wear expensive watches when i go to Europe :censored:

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL

London such a beautiful city it WAS... no jokes, still a beautiful city but complete shattered due these crimes.:cry:

4/5/6/7 years ago London was the place for a little weekend trip for me and my friends. miss those times😅

20 year old dutch guys pulling out in London, best weekends of my life:ROFLMAO: