• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Who Has the Best Sub" Blind Rate - Need your help

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
@puretime not the side profile, as much as the top/frontal view thats more important. We are judging the frontal view in one of the threads, but I think CGs should have their own thread ND ratings

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

When Angus did that thread asking which hulk watch is gen... the people focused on CG were the ones who got it wrong. This CG hype is laughable. Let Angus do his review, I'm sure he can provide extra pics/opinions after.

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Black Hole and Halo Effect must have their own comparison.

I can't believe we have a comparison for the case engravings and we don't have one for the Black Hole.

No one will see your lug engravings, EVERYONE will see the lack of black hole effect.

It's incredible how these vital aspects are being ignored like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
These comparasioms are crazy. I can't believe how many models have the wrong hands. The wrong size/lenght hands. They're all over the place.

On the gen, the minute hand is just short of the minute hash marks while the pointed tip of the hour hand should just skim the edge of the 3/6/9/12 markers.
b383847b5d74f50de091260c13e41eaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mari115

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
It’s the hands I don’t care too much about. We are all different..

I can agree with that, but we also have to be objective, NO ONE is gonna see the length of the hands from a meter away, NO ONE is gonna see under your lugs for the engravings.

Also i really doubt that crown guards can be spotted at an harm's length.

But the crystal dude, the crystal is literally the first thing that you see, even from meters away. You can see the reflection instantly. I can't believe that lug
engravings will be used to define the best sub, while the black hole / halo effect are being totally ignored.

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
It’s the hands I don’t care too much about. We are all different..
I always changed them so it never really matters to me but looking at the pics in the thread it just struck me as... Noticible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Gen crystal, gen hands, gen DW are a must regardless of which factory you use.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Gen crystal, gen hands, gen DW are a must regardless of which factory you use.

That's unfair and totally unrealistic, "just" that brings the price over 1.1k easily, you are more than doubling the price of all of the subs like this, and by changing all these parts this whole comparison has no reason to be.

If you think about it this way it's not a "who makes the best sub" contest, but a "who makes the best frankening base" or a "who makes the best sub case" since you can basically swap everything except that.

Also, if you are gonna change all those pieces then one or the other is basically the same, get the least expensive one or the one that has the best feeling bracelet.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
That's unfair and totally unrealistic, "just" that brings the price over 1.1k easily, you are more than doubling the price of all of the subs like this, and by changing all these parts this whole comparison has no reason to be.

If you think about it this way it's not a "who makes the best sub" contest, but a "who makes the best frankening base" or a "who makes the best sub case" since you can basically swap everything except that.

Also, if you are gonna change all those pieces then one or the other is basically the same, get the least expensive one or the one that has the best feeling bracelet.
You want a $500 rep to be at the same level as a $9000 watch? Keep dreaming...

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
No I already told you my method.
I make no attempt to identify the maker. If I am able to tell based off of a certain flaw which maker it is, it’s gets minus a point for the flaw.
It seems like you assume everyone wants to play favorites.
Fair enough, it's pretty clear that's not the case for others

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Muskandar

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I'll help, I will work my way through the list over the week. However, these watches all look good in pictures. You have them all in hand next to a gen. You can 'feel' them, you can feel the quality of the finishing of sidelinks and tightness of glidelocks. I bought a zzfv2s because it looked great in pictures but it was junk.

Can you give us your honest opinion which one looks, feels and most gen like best?
V2s not junk
bdfef01fd86e1be5b48404390121f5e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
... is not under C but it is under B
look at the serials
(Angus states ... is under C, which is not correct...consequentially, if he made this error in designating, it shuffles all the other ones too I guess)

edit: oops, my bad. Sorry. Disregard this post. I misread it.
originally, I put the maker name in the post. Now it’s been changed to ... so as not to influence voting

Last edited:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Done. That was actually quite exhausting.
puretime thanks for putting this together and responding to all the comments.
At the rate new Subs are being released, this will need to be an annual event with a larger field of contestants. :)