• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Who Has the Best Sub" Blind Rate - Need your help

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’d have liked to see a copy pic of the gen beside each other pic, scrolling up and down past a few other watches to compare, the details can be missed. I’ll try with two browsers open and rate best the one looks most genuine rather than what look I prefer/remember being most like the gen pic.

thanks for this, a lot of time and effort there. Respect

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
@puretime not the side profile, as much as the top/frontal view thats more important. We are judging the frontal view in one of the threads, but I think CGs should have their own thread ND ratings

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I did try to picture the CG but failed, so I will only include my opinions on the CGs in my review in about one week time.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
That's very cool, thank you!

It's a pity that the VRF isn't being included, they came out with their new subs recently but they were overshadowed by the others

Yeah I realised that out affter I have done it but I think the review is sufficient for everyone to figure out the best SUB with this comparo

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I’d have liked to see a copy pic of the gen beside each other pic, scrolling up and down past a few other watches to compare, the details can be missed. I’ll try with two browsers open and rate best the one looks most genuine rather than what look I prefer/remember being most like the gen pic.

thanks for this, a lot of time and effort there. Respect

True and thanks for the advice and I will do another review on other watches and I will defintely consider that.

You can download all the pics onto your computer if that helps.

Reactions: Tione12

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
The more I look into the individual threads, the more I get to the conclusion that quite a number of factors are up to tolerance. While a single watch might have a better SEL recess/tightness, crystal height, rehaut alignment, clasp fit, DW print, it might be totally different on the next one.

SuperBatman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/20
ahhhh... i've been waiting for this review since early Nov!
looking forward to the results.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Why aren't the most important (easy to spot) things, like Black Hole and Halo Effect, being compared?

By the way puretime , you should have compared the LNs, not the LVs.

Comparing LVs under studio lightning is totally useless since the real sunburst / color of the dial / bezel isn't well represented. Unless of course we are talking about natural lightning.

You should have compared LNs, so that you could have compared the black hole as well.

Good job anyways!

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I will, but to be honest I had a look at the front view photos and apart from the chunky lugs on the arf I didn't see bugger all difference in any of them.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

The zf has the best lugs in these pics for sure

Reactions: Roguetheory

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
there's definetly something wrong, maybe the wrong bracelet or bracelet not properly engaged? saw something like that on photoshoped promotional pics but can't beliefe that's the case here

Reactions: mari115

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I did try to picture the CG but failed, so I will only include my opinions on the CGs in my review in about one week time.

You can see quite some differences in the CGs on your front view pictures (see below), so I included them in the ratings there. Didn't vote for pointless stuff like caseback teeth, or invisible engravings though as well as things that are up to tolerances and different on every single watch like lug/SEL gaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Btadl1997

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
So you want be looking at serial numbers or clasp codes then.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

No I already told you my method.
I make no attempt to identify the maker. If I am able to tell based off of a certain flaw which maker it is, it’s gets minus a point for the flaw.
It seems like you assume everyone wants to play favorites.

Last edited: