• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which ones are gens and why?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Well, I haven't spent much time on the forum this week so missed it when it was posted but tried to form an opinion before reading on.

The LN on the left I knew was gen because of the markers and the rims of the lume plots. As well as the engraving (rehaut).

But on the LV I thought gen was on the right. I tried not to hlget too hung up on insert color because... Quite simply... It's not accurate in pics.

But the case shape, the rehaut. Engraving, the crystal. All made me think the gen LV was on the right.

I still think so lol a little. Part of me. It's the case shape/sillouette.

I am glad to admit they're doing wonders. Still. These watches are so good now, it's amazing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
Well, I haven't spent much time on the forum this week so missed it when it was posted but tried to form an opinion before reading on.

The LN on the left I knew was gen because of the markers and the rims of the lume plots. As well as the engraving (rehaut).

But on the LV I thought gen was on the right. I tried not to hlget too hung up on insert color because... Quite simply... It's not accurate in pics.

But the case shape, the rehaut. Engraving, the crystal. All made me think the gen LV was on the right.

I still think so lol a little. Part of me. It's the case shape/sillouette.

I am glad to admit they're doing wonders. Still. These watches are so good now, it's amazing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What about the font of the ROLEX and Submariner. Upon inspection it looks like a dead giveaway? Or is it hard to tell on the wrist? What do you think

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
What about the font of the ROLEX and Submariner. Upon inspection it looks like a dead giveaway? Or is it hard to tell on the wrist? What do you think

there are a few things worth mentioning here in my opinion. much of it I said before in other threads but it’s been a while. And this isn’t super relevant but related.

especially with hulk parts, I noticed a lot of people on here don’t form their own opinion. They take the consensus or they take the word of like... smoke as gospel.

and when it comes to LV/hulk parts, everyone knows that it is tough to take pictures of an LV AND 2 different pics of hulks can’t be compared really unless they’re in the same lighting.

ultimately, what it is and what I’m saying is hulk parts look different in person than they do in pics. I remember when I first put the Clean factory dial on my hulk and took off the BP dial, I loved the way it looked and loved the way it reacted in person. It went from black to green with the slight flick of the wrist and there were a lit of characteristics that couldn’t really be captured with a camera that I liked. It looked better in person than it does in pics. I started realizing this and had to think “do I want a dial that looks better in person or do I want a dial that looks better in pics” because they’re not always the same.

as far as the writing on the dial, 1. It’s very small and I could hand any one of these dials to a Rolex connoisseur without worrying of them pointing out the font with the naked eye. They are very very small. You’re ultimately looking at something the size of a quarter (watch Dial is about the size of a sub dial) at arms length. And unless someone knows to look out for a specific flaw, they almost certainly won’t catch any tell.

but also look at the supposed X flaw on the clean dial. That was out for a month or two with people buying it, posting pictures of it, installing it and loving it before anyone even saw the X. Then one person mentions it and it’s a “flaw” that people can’t live with. Despite having it and being unable to see it in their own for months.

so considering all this, it’s ultimately all about you and what bothers you. And to what extent.

Picksk

18/6/20
IMO, with the he quality of reps these, I for one find it extremely hard to tell the difference from pics, unless of course I end up magnifying it a zillion times and look at it under a microscope. I have seen many instances of gens being called as reps and vice versa. To hazing point, even the lighting, age of the watches, wear and tear all make a difference. I remember reading a post on here earlier today, sorry forget the gentleman’s name, who posted two pics of straps and pretty much explained how the age, lighting etc all can make a difference. I personally don’t think any person in real life can really call out a rep unless you take it off and hand it over to him, especially with all QC we do these prior to GLin them. Of course, if it is a professional or the watch is DH gate, that’s different story lol. I am not really bothered by minor misaligned dates, fonts etc. as long as they are not too balant, but them again I guess ‘balant’ is pretty subjective.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
why not ZF. it seems to be the grail of sub replicas

ZF have terrible QC but they are able to build some HQ rep, also the good point is, they don't need 200 versions (where some fac fuck up good things from the previous version but get something else better... lol).

This noob release is disappointing, the price is disappointing as well.

I'm sure ZF will strike the sub game with their 1st iteration, maybe not for the LV because we all know how difficult is to copy the LV, but the LN might be on top, and i'm pretty sure the price will be less than 500 bucks.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Angus, is noob 11 worth the price compared to v10/v10s? Sad there is no comparison vs v10. Thanks